• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior DPS Warrior stat weights?

Demonikuski

Authorized
After quite a lot of googling, I can't seem to find an accurate list of stat weights for a Vanilla DPS Warrior. I could just go for a pre-raid bis list, but I'd also like to be able to compare items properly. Not to mention, my main spec is prot, and DPS gear isn't the highest priority.

Essentially, what I'm looking for is a theoretical list of how many DPS I'd gain for each stat. Ideally, the values would be based on simulations of a "Patchwerk-style" fight. Another possibility would be a list that converted each stat into an amount of strength that would offer the same DPS increase. Anything that would allow for proper item comparison really.

I'm aware of how attack tables work, crit caps and all that stuff. I'm not looking for a DPS Warrior guide, just a list of stat weights. If they are different for Arms and Fury, I'd be very interested in both.

So just to make an example. I'm looking for something like this (with the correct values, obviously).

+1% Hit up to 8% = 18 STR
+1% Hit up to white hit cap = 9 STR
+1% Crit = 20 AGI = 9 STR

in pre raid gear I usually go by 20 ap = 1% crit 15 ap = 1% hit.
20 agi for warriors is equivalent to 1% crit and 1 str = 2 ap so strength is about twice as valuable as agility.

As you gear becomes better, crit and hit scales faster than ap so with world buffs and some epics for example you can reach 1% crit being equivalent to 30+ ap. Also if you're crit capped hit will greatly surpass crit in value, making otherwise sub par hit items like titanic leggings, accuria BiS if taken to extremes.

Str, agi are better stats as opposed to crit and straight ap alliance side thanks to BoK and especially with a heart of hakkar buff, this greatly alters stat weightings. While on horde ap can be slightly more valued since WF procs aren't normalized (this becomes very apparent with a slow 2h).

Last edited:
Also if you're crit capped hit will greatly surpass crit in value, making otherwise sub par hit items like titanic leggings, accuria BiS if taken to extremes.

I agree with your values but dont you think in a fully buffed state you would be converting more and more white MH attacks into Heroics, which have a %8 hitcap and would not benefit from the extra hit you've stacked? I've always felt %hit and weapon skill would have a diminishing curve after hitting a certain gear level.

This post is about dual wield.

Hit% and weapon skill scale with your weapons. If you have strong weapons, it's very worthwhile to go for hit as fury.

Conversely, it's also good if your weapons suck and you're using e.g.: Dal'Rends!
When I first started raiding, I had 16% hit with those and still did decent damage, just because crusader uptime was above average.

Right now I'm using 16% hit and am happy, though I'll try out a more AP oriented set next raid.

It is my understanding that Truestrike Shoulders are better than Drake Talon Pauldrons.

Here's my gear.

The value of hit and weapon skills does diminish, though if you're horde or have an Ironfoe this won't affect the value of weapon skill too much and edgemaster's for example would still far better than any other item outside of AQ40.

Hit does tank quite a bit compared to crit past special cap, but once you reach crit cap hit far surpasses anything else. At that point hit%converts misses into straight up crits and considering that white hits generate rage, the value of hit increases by roughly 3 fold, meanwhile crit% is valued at roughly 50%.

Truestrike could marginally surpass drake talon without bok/heart of hakkar if your gear is quite average or worse.

Last edited:
The value of hit and weapon skills does diminish, though if you're horde or have an Ironfoe this won't affect the value of weapon skill too much and edgemaster's for example would still far better than any other item outside of AQ40.

Hit does tank quite a bit compared to crit past special cap, but once you reach crit cap hit far surpasses anything else. At that point hit%converts misses into straight up crits and considering that white hits generate rage, the value of hit increases by roughly 3 fold, meanwhile crit% is valued at roughly 50%.

Truestrike could marginally surpass drake talon without bok/heart of hakkar if your gear is quite average or worse.

I'm on alliance so no WF, neither do I have Ironfoe so in buffed state i rarely use my MH attack as a regular white. Although, granted my white damage would always be around %45-50 of total damage, however with my 14 hit and 47~ crit buffed state,(with edgemaster), so %13 miss, %6 dodge, %40 glance(which does %91 so its %36.4) and %41 crit(%82) it becomes %118.4

If I increased my hit by another 2(via truestrike), this percentage would be %122.4 , an overall %3.3~ damage increase to whites, however I would be losing 26 AP and 1.25 crit.

So the question is, do you think this is worth it? Imo no, not after %12~~. All stats have a diminishing return after all and hit probably is no exception( unlike armor reduction effects)

Just wondering what your opinion is coz you dont seem to post bullshit. I'm currently using DFT over HoJ because of same reasoning, that extra hit you got from DFT would be crits if you're critcapped. But even so, with current content out, going above %13 feels like sacrificing too much.

Last edited:
Hit gives you more attacks -> rage -> heroic strikes -> damage multiplier from impale; increased Crusader uptime.

On fights where aggro is not an issue, DFT+HoJ is bis currently.

13.6% miss
5.6% dodge
40% glancing
---------
59,2%

I don't really understand your math here Jahreno.
If the 45-50% white damage % is correct then 2hit should be a damage increase over 26AP and 1.25crit. Same reasoning as Horo mentioned. More rage -> more HS.

Last edited:

Vdo! Are you playing on KRONOS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know the exact attack table on Kronos? I hear ppl saying different tings.

I'm on alliance so no WF, neither do I have Ironfoe so in buffed state i rarely use my MH attack as a regular white. Although, granted my white damage would always be around %45-50 of total damage, however with my 14 hit and 47~ crit buffed state,(with edgemaster), so %13 miss, %6 dodge, %40 glance(which does %91 so its %36.4) and %41 crit(%82) it becomes %118.4

If I increased my hit by another 2(via truestrike), this percentage would be %122.4 , an overall %3.3~ damage increase to whites, however I would be losing 26 AP and 1.25 crit.

So the question is, do you think this is worth it? Imo no, not after %12~~. All stats have a diminishing return after all and hit probably is no exception( unlike armor reduction effects)

Just wondering what your opinion is coz you dont seem to post bullshit. I'm currently using DFT over HoJ because of same reasoning, that extra hit you got from DFT would be crits if you're critcapped. But even so, with current content out, going above %13 feels like sacrificing too much.

You are critcapped anyway since 13%miss + 6%dodge + 40%glancing only gives room for max 41% crit. So basicly you can loose 6% crit w/o losing a single dps.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not entirely true. You don't lose out on white damage.

What do you mean?
If its a typo and you mean yellow dmg im with you. But still 1% crit when you are above white crit cap isnt even close to the value of +1% crit when under white crit cap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom