• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Hit Table for warriors and how they work in PvP

fast3r

hi, i have searched forums and wowiki to find out how Hit Table works to find Hit and Crit Balance for PvP Arms Warrior
and can some1 post Guide about PvE Tank Warrior Hit Table?

i found this post http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/37741-hit-vs-crit-the-holy-book-for-pve-rogues/

the white hit table for naked lvl 60 rouge looks like this:

• Miss: 27%
  • Dodge: 6.5%
  • Parry: 0%
  • Glancing blow: 40%
  • Block: 0%
  • Critical hit: ~10%
  • Normal hit: 16.5%

1. i want to know the Standard White Hit and Yellow Hit Tables will be the same for Warriors as for Rogues?

2. Standard Hit Tables are same for every class?

3. i couldn't find Standard Yellow Hit Table with no Gear and Talents etc.. can some1 post it?

4. i found out on http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_table

that Glancing Blows are only for PvE Bosses so how PvP Hit Table would look like? if Glancing Blow will get to 0% then how the 40% from Glancing Blow will be to other Stats? will they add to Normal Hits?

if someone would post Hit Table for PvP(with 0% Glancing Blow) that would be nice

5. how to calculate Hit Table is there an easy way for it or should i Calculate it myself adding and removing % from table based on my Gear and Talents?

6. how Weapon Skill Affects Hit Tables? as far as i know "For each point that your weapon skill exceeds your opponent's defense, you gain the following"

• Your chance to miss decreases by 0.04%.
  • Your chance to score a critical hit increases by 0.04%.
  • Your opponent's chance to block your attack decreases by 0.04%.
  • Your opponent's chance to parry your attack decreases by 0.04%.
  • Your opponent's chance to dodge your attack decreases by 0.04%.
Correct me if im wrong and can some1 post in depth guide about Weapon Skills and it's importance in PvP

7. can any1 tell me whats the best balance between Hit and Crit? guy in this post http://vanillagaming.org/forum/index.php?topic=15312.msg120879#msg120879 says that

White hits:
Hitcap (no + wep skill) = 28%
Hitcap (5+ wep skill) = 26 %
Hitcap (10+ wep skill) = 25%

Yellow hits:
When it comes to yellows/styles/abilities or w/e u want to call them it seems you reach the cap at:
9 with 300 wep skill
6 with 305 wep skill
6 with 310 wep skill

8. i can tell that putting 28% in Hit Rating is very dumb. to get Yellow Table's Miss to 0% i will need about 8-9% Hit Rating so will that be enough for both Yellow and White Tables? if yes then should i go for full Crit after 8% Hit Rating?

share ur thoughts and experience. thx

Last edited:
1-) Yes, base crit is different tho
2-) Yes but its normally %8~ miss for single weapon(+19 for dual wield, thats how you get %27 miss). And there is the fact that Glancing blow damage percentage is much lower for casters.
3-) according to someone else's post in warrior forums special attacks are double rolls(im not sure), glancing blows and duald wield penalty are not included in this type so %8~ miss and %6~ dodge, rest are capable of critting, remaining becomes normal hits.
4-) depends on your and your opponent's gear, duh.
5-) you have %26.5 white crit cap and %27 miss, with each %hit you acquire you also increase crit cap for whites. no need to calculate too much for how hit table works. white crit cap minus your crit chance becomes normal hits
6-) not entirely certain on this, better not misinform. However i do think those are correct, it doesnt have that big an effect on hit/crit. And its mostly useless for pvp... its for glancing blows that you get this shit.
7+:cool: I think you gotta decide on your own. Trying to get %20 + hit is ofc dumb. Because in a buffed up state you wont be ragestarved ever, your MH will be used with heroic/cleaves %40-60 of the time. As your gear level/buffing goes up, %hit loses its effectiveness. Also stacking too much crit is meaningless because your whites will be WAY over the critcap. You can acquire most of it with buffs/consumables. I'd stack AP after getting 10-14 hit and 40-45 buffed crit.
I'd suggest using different setups for bosses/trash, buffed/unbuffed. Hit is more important when fights are longer and you dont have good cooldown uptime, same goes for weapon skill.

It'd be nice if someone with better dps race commented and possibly provided recap logs. But weapon skill effect in PvP should be minimal overall, decreasing all avoidances by %0.04 on each skill point.

Last edited:
4) Glancing blows are only against mobs, there are no glancing blows in PvP, so yes, the percentage goes to normal hit.

6) Defense and weapon skill have very low impact in PvP. As you found out, there are 0.04% bonuses per point of difference, so a crush-immune PvE tank will gain only about 5% extra dodge and parry and to-be-missed chance. And PvE tanks are not that common in PvP, which is why there is no real reason to go above 8% hit, even as dual wield - after that you should get a balanced mix of AP, crit and Stamina and Disarm immunity since we're talking Warrior.

During fights, try to stay behind your enemies at all times - players cannot parry and dodge from behind (or while stunned).

first of all thx for respond guys

since im going for PvP Warrior i did some more research and calculations for:

Equal Level Player vs Player(60lvl vs 60lvl).

1. Glancing Blow doesnt apply on Players so its % will be distributed to Crit and Normal Hits im not sure exactly how much Normal Hit % and Crit % will be in PvP scenario, but i think its not so important to know exact % for Hit and Crit because after Miss gets to 0% then Perecnatges(%) from Miss will be Distributed to Normal Hits and Crits, and after that if u get +1% Crit Chance then 1% from Normal Hit will be distributed to Crit % Table

2. in PvP against Equal Lvl's (60lvl vs 60lvl Players) 2h Warrior's Standard White Hit Table would look like this

miss - ~5-8%(not sure i think its 5)
dodge - 6.5%
parry - 0%
glancing blow - 0%
block - 0%
crit - ~10%
normal hit - ~78.5%

3. im not sure about Yellow Hit Table but it must be almost same as White Hit Table as far as i know Yellow Hit Tables Miss % is ~5-6% in PvP(60lvl vs 60lvl) i think only difference between White and Yellow Hit Tables are Normal Hit and Crit %

4. so if my calculations are not mistaken then good balance between Hit and Crit for 2h Warrior in PvP would be:

~8-10% Hit(Hit Table adapts to ur Target so if your Target have 10% chance to Miss from other Player Attacks it wont matter if u go for +5% hit and in ur Hit Table u would have 0% miss ur Miss % for that target would be 5% so to be sure ~8-10% Hit should be enough)

after ~8-10% Hit i think it would be best to go for Crit and AP Crit>AP till u get 30-35% Crit after that i think to go for AP(if u will have 100% chance to crit but u dont get AP then ur DMG would be 300-500 instead of 1000-1200(numbers just for demonstration)

6. can some1 post how would Warriors Hit Table would look like with 1h and Shield how much Miss % will it have? etc..

7+:cool: I think you gotta decide on your own. Trying to get %20 + hit is ofc dumb. Because in a buffed up state you wont be ragestarved ever, your MH will be used with heroic/cleaves %40-60 of the time. As your gear level/buffing goes up, %hit loses its effectiveness. Also stacking too much crit is meaningless because your whites will be WAY over the critcap. You can acquire most of it with buffs/consumables. I'd stack AP after getting 10-14 hit and 40-45 buffed crit.

Jahreno can u explain what u mean by 40-45 buffed crit? and how u can get 10-14% Hit and 40-45% crit?

since there is no Gems in Vanilla WoW, u can increase stats with Gear, Buffs, Cooking(Food), Alchemy(Potions), Enchanting. so for end game gear for example Warlords Battlegear - http://db.vanillagaming.org/?itemset=383#comments it gives:

3% Hit (from Shoulders, Boots and Pants)
4% Crit (from Chest, Helm, Hands, Pants)
1% Hit and 1% Crit (from Battleborn Armbraces)
1% Hit (from Brigam Girdle)
1% Crit (from High Warlord's Greatsword)
2% Hit (from Drake Fang Talisman)
1% Hit and 1% Crit (from Kiss of the Spider)
1% Hit (from Master Dragonslayer's Ring)
1% Hit and 1% Crit (from Don Julio's Band)
1% Crit (from Eskhandar's Pelt)

10% Hit and 9% Crit(+26 agility from Chest and Boots (since ~20 agility = 1% Crit) thas ~1.1-1.2% crit)

so we get - 10% Hit and ~10.1-10.2% Crit

now Hit Table would look like this

miss - 0%
dodge - 6.5%
parry - 0%
glancing blow - 0%
block - 0%
crit - ~25.2%(not sure)
normal hit - ~68.3%(not sure)

i couldn't find any Food or Potion's that would increase Crit Chance (if by 40-45% buffed crit) u meant adding more Crit Chance with Food, Potions, Buffs etc.. can u post which ones? and what would be ur Preference about Gearing would u use same Set, Weapon, Rings, Trinkets, etc..??

again every1 can share his thoughts and experience in this post, more palyers posting would be better for overall not only me but also other Warriors Players also for other Melee Class Players wich are interested in Hit Table and how to Balance Hit and Crit thx

these calculations are made by me and im not stating that its 100% true CORRECT ME if im wrong

Last edited:
Those values are for dual wield pve, not pvp

For 2 handers you need %4-5 hit in pvp, you will be capped, only dual wield needs %8+

btw there is always a %1 miss chance for the sake of RNG in pvp, you will always miss sometiemz.

Crit outvalues white hit past the special cap, unless you are crit capped in which case white hit converts white misses into white crits which is more valuable than crit. So ultimately you're looking to achieve special hit cap first and foremost and afterwards you have to evaluate if you're above your crit cap and then add hit until you are no longer above your crit cap.

Special hit is a priority since special attacks are on a two roll table, also you lose rage from special misses.

You have a 10% chance to glance against [CR]same level[/CR] mobs with defense skill equal to your base weapon skill, however you can't glance against a player. The chance to land a glancing blow is increased by [CR]10% per level difference[/CR] 2% per base weapon skill and mob defense difference between the mob and player, so against a mob that's 9 levels higher you have a 100% to land a glancing blow (assuming that your base weapons skill is maxed). Also the severity of the damage reduction of glancing blows increases. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_skill?oldid=349298

There is a specific order of precedence for every type of attack on the attack table:
1.Miss
2.Dodge
3.Parry
4.Glancing Blow
5.Block
6.Critical Hit
7.Crushing Blow
8.Normal Hit

White attacks are on a single roll table, a random number generator comes up with a value from 1-10000 and if you land on 1-17860 for example you'll miss, 17860-24460 dodge and so on. Miss, dodge, parry have top priority so they will knock off glancing blows, crits, blocks, normal hit etc off the attack table in the given order of precedence.

Let's say you're under the effect of a 70% increased miss chance debuff, your attack table will be 1-87860 miss, 1-94460 dodge, 94460-10000 parry for example and you won't be able to land an attack.

Special hits are on a two roll system, so first you have a roll to determine if the attack lands or not and then a second roll to determine if the attack is a crit or a normal hit. Think of yellow melee attacks being a special case of a spell cast. The game makes it look like a melee attack by considering dodge/parry/miss/block etc. but it follows the same type of table that spells do.

In the case of a spell, first there's a check if the spell missed or landed, then a second check for partial resists/crits/normal hits.

For a special attack, the first check is for a dodge/parry/miss or hit/block, then if the attack landed, there is a check for a crit/normal hit.

Notice that block will knock off crits on the single roll white attack table, however special attacks can land as blocked crits.

If you're wondering about miss chance, the blizzlike formulas were given here: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Miss?oldid=356356
Note that wherever rating difference affecting miss chance is other than 0.04% you ignore bonus weapon skill(racials and gear) from that calculation. Bonus weapon skill affecting miss chance is factored in only after this, in increments of 0.04% per bonus weapon skill.

Last edited:
19 + 5 + (enemy def - your skill * 0.04)
With 5% you are hit capped for styles. Unless you hit deftanks.
Its been a while since I last read up on the matter, but afaik there is no hardcap for melees. You can hitcap in PvP.

Hit tables should be same for all classes, afair only glancing is different.

Even with just 5-10% hit fury rips in PvP if you play it right. Only as alliance of course since windfury totem is just too op to drop your 2hander.

Don't worry too much about hit/crit or other factors. Why? Cause its not like you get to chose from much gear anyways.
As a suggestion, start out with T0,5 and grab all the goodies from BWL and MC. Ez fury gear for PvP.

5-10% hit with arround 10% extra crit and you are good to go imo. Also keep your HP as close to or over 5k. Else you get burned down too quickly.

Pro tip, farm Felstriker and/or Ironfoe. Its nuts.

I don't know why you gotta make all this shit so complicated lol i tried to read all but my brain froze up. I have 5% hit on my arms warr and i never miss either white or yellow hits in pvp. Pretty simple.

Top Bottom