• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Warrior Talent Tree Help

SICC

As the title suggests, I need help with my warrior talent tree.

I'm a level 38(2 bars from 39 last i logged) Night Elf Warrior.

What I need help with is, where I should put my unspent talent points.

I play this character with a friend, and she is a level 38 Night Elf Druid. While we quest, I use a two-handed axe, and when I tank for dungeons, I use a one-handed weapon and a shield.

Right now I have everything in arms. I made this character for being a tank, but I also need to be able to quest with my friend since I will be doing most of the damage when it comes to killing mobs and such since she is full healer.

So the issue i'm having is, i'm unsure where exactly to put these unspent talent points. While yes, you can find threads and such where they give the talent calculator links, the problem is, they never say in what order you should put said points.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Here is my current talent tree.

otd1jqp.jpg

I rolled my first warrior as well and tried a few talent builds. You said you were tanking a lot and what helped me with it was 5/5 Tactical Mastery and Anger Management. Often I have to apply Hamstring on mobs before they die so they don't run into other groups. It's nice to keep 25 rage points when changing stances. Also before the last mob of a group goes down I usually just taunt instead of using any abilities that cause threat to build up rage for the next encounter. Which makes it very easy to open the next fight because I don't have to wait to build up rage for my abilites. So I'd get Anger Management as soon as possible.

Also Deflection 5/5 is a nice talent to reduce incoming damage. Improved Overpower lets you do some nice damage if you have a slow 2H weapon. And later on Sweeping Strikes greatly increases your killspeed as you can kill 2 mobs at almost the same speed as you'd usually take for one.
Deep Wounds and Impale are talents that increase your damage by quite a bit, especially with Improved Overpower (Deep Wounds gets applied way more often and Overpower deals more damage as well).

Before you put your points into any weapon specialization get 5/5 Cruelty. It is much better because it applies for any weapon you can use. This leads to 22/5/0. At this point put the leftover points into the weapon specialization you benefit the most from.

As soon as you are level 40 respec (it's cheap on this server) and get Mortal Strike. It's an instant attack you can use between your auto attacks. Don't waste your rage on Heroic Strike anymore. Together with Whirlwind, which is another instant attack, you can dish you some nice burst damage. At this point I had Whirlwind Axe so I went with Axe Specialization. You should pick the proper one, depending on your weapon. 31/0/0

Put the next 5 points into Cruelty for more crit. So at level 45 I had 31/5/0. As I still had an axe (Executioner's Cleaver) I still went with Axe Specialization. You can now go for either Enrage in the Fury tree for more damage. Or for Last Stand in protection for more survivability. I took the protection path. My build at 60 will probably be 31/5/15 for Last Stand, and a little more damage reduction and threat when tanking.

I can't help you with a Fury build, as I did not try it out yet. A plus for Arms is though that it is better suited for PvP as your burst damage is way higher and Mortal Strike is nice against classes that heal themselves. As you practically can't avoid PvP while leveling (especially if you're playing on Kronos 2) this might be a point to consider.

Last edited:

Thank you for the reply. I should of been more specific, I was wanting suggestions as to where to put the points I currently have into my tree. But that does help, so thank you.

If you got the money and a decent weapon you can always respec to fury
http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...000000000000505010450501003000000000000000000

Or if you want to stay arm then probably respec too
http://armory.twinstar.cz/talent-ca...135251000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Just going to assume you have a WW axe.
Personally I would prefer the Fury route as you are not stuck with 1 type of weapon in the spec. Also nothing keeps you from using a 2 hander as fury.

Sadly, and embarrassingly, I don't have the WW axe. :crying:

When I did RFK, I had got Corpsemaker

And since i'm questing this character with a friend, I didnt wan't to drag her around to get the items needed for it. And since the elite is a lvl 41, I didnt think we could duo it as we can't really get anyone else to help.

At the moment, i'm now using Bonebiter

I noticed on your Fury build, you had the talent points in the dual wield specialization but you said a two handed fury could work, so where would I put those 5 points into?

I rolled my first warrior as well and tried a few talent builds. You said you were tanking a lot and what helped me with it was 5/5 Tactical Mastery and Anger Management. Often I have to apply Hamstring on mobs before they die so they don't run into other groups. It's nice to keep 25 rage points when changing stances. Also before the last mob of a group goes down I usually just taunt instead of using any abilities that cause threat to build up rage for the next encounter. Which makes it very easy to open the next fight because I don't have to wait to build up rage for my abilites. So I'd get Anger Management as soon as possible.

Also Deflection 5/5 is a nice talent to reduce incoming damage. Improved Overpower lets you do some nice damage if you have a slow 2H weapon. And later on Sweeping Strikes greatly increases your killspeed as you can kill 2 mobs at almost the same speed as you'd usually take for one.
Deep Wounds and Impale are talents that increase your damage by quite a bit, especially with Improved Overpower (Deep Wounds gets applied way more often and Overpower deals more damage as well).

Before you put your points into any weapon specialization get 5/5 Cruelty. It is much better because it applies for any weapon you can use. This leads to 22/5/0. At this point put the leftover points into the weapon specialization you benefit the most from.

As soon as you are level 40 respec (it's cheap on this server) and get Mortal Strike. It's an instant attack you can use between your auto attacks. Don't waste your rage on Heroic Strike anymore. Together with Whirlwind, which is another instant attack, you can dish you some nice burst damage. At this point I had Whirlwind Axe so I went with Axe Specialization. You should pick the proper one, depending on your weapon. 31/0/0

Put the next 5 points into Cruelty for more crit. So at level 45 I had 31/5/0. As I still had an axe (Executioner's Cleaver) I still went with Axe Specialization. You can now go for either Enrage in the Fury tree for more damage. Or for Last Stand in protection for more survivability. I took the protection path. My build at 60 will probably be 31/5/15 for Last Stand, and a little more damage reduction and threat when tanking.

I can't help you with a Fury build, as I did not try it out yet. A plus for Arms is though that it is better suited for PvP as your burst damage is way higher and Mortal Strike is nice against classes that heal themselves. As you practically can't avoid PvP while leveling (especially if you're playing on Kronos 2) this might be a point to consider.

Since I recently did SM, i can relate to the hamstring thing, lol. A times I couldn't get it off because of rage, and rogues dont seem to like to kidneyshot mobs either before they die. I will def put more points into tactical mastery/anger management.

I like the builds you posted, and it seems like something I will do, too. So basically, nothing in the protection portion until lvl 45+? And for tanking, if i may ask, what Shield and 1 hander do you use?

I appriciate your post and the time you put into it. It's has helped a lot as the talent portion of the warrior has been the most confusing so far, and i'm really trying to save my first free respect as much as possible.

Since I recently did SM, i can relate to the hamstring thing, lol. A times I couldn't get it off because of rage, and rogues dont seem to like to kidneyshot mobs either before they die. I will def put more points into tactical mastery/anger management.

I like the builds you posted, and it seems like something I will do, too. So basically, nothing in the protection portion until lvl 45+? And for tanking, if i may ask, what Shield and 1 hander do you use?

I appriciate your post and the time you put into it. It's has helped a lot as the talent portion of the warrior has been the most confusing so far, and i'm really trying to save my first free respect as much as possible.

Don't worry about Whirlwind Axe anymore. Bonebiter is a better weapon anyway. Soon you can solo the quest. If you are curious do it whenever you like. The Whirlwind quest is so nice because you can complete the quest at level 32 if you have help. And at this level the weapons are very powerful.

Regarding preventing mobs from running away, you can also ask warlocks to use Curse of Recklessness, rogues to use Crippling Poison and paladins to use Judgement of Justice. Mages can use their frost spells as well to slow enemies. And of course other warriors could use Hamstring instead. Often unfortunately you can't rely on it. But if you ask and you see that it works its nice that you don't have to think about that as well. There are other reasons to switch between stances, like when Taunt is resisted and you have to use Mocking Blow instead. But it's also very useful for PvP. So Tactical Mastery isn't a bad decision in any case.

I put all the other points into Protection after level 45. Last Stand is a talent that saved me from running to my corpse often.

Shield Specialization and Deflection not only reduce incoming damage. Attacks that you parry or block (or dodge) also enable Revenge to be used. Revenge creates way more threat than Sunder Armor for only 1/3 or the rage (5 rage points). So this is a great aid when tanking.
And there is no need to put more than 1 point into Improved Shield Block. With 1/3 points Shield Block will last for two blocks instead of only one. The other two points only increase the duration of the ability by one second (it still is gone after 2 blocks though).

The remaining 3 points I put into defiance for 9% more threat. I think from all the other Protection talents where you could put those points in, you benefit the most from this one. You could also go for 3/3 Improved Revenge. A stunned opponent won't hit you so its further damage reduction. Also Revenge causes even more threat if you stun your opponent with it. But I still think that +9% more threat is better if you compare threat increase by those talents. Also most bosses are immune to stuns.

For tanking just use a fast weapon and a shield both with defensive stats. Currently I am using Sang'thraze the Deflector which drops in Zul'Farak and Aegis of Stormwind which I bought in the Auction House. I enchanted the shield with Lesser Block. It's cheap and the best enchant you can get as warrior for your shield. Aegis of the Scarlet Commander is nice too for your level. It drops from the boss in the cathedral of Scarlet Monastery.

Last edited:
Don't worry about Whirlwind Axe anymore. Bonebiter is a better weapon anyway. Soon you can solo the quest. If you are curious do it whenever you like. The Whirlwind quest is so nice because you can complete the quest at level 32 if you have help. And at this level the weapons are very powerful.

Regarding preventing mobs from running away, you can also ask warlocks to use Curse of Recklessness, rogues to use Crippling Poison and paladins to use Judgement of Justice. Mages can use their frost spells as well to slow enemies. And of course other warriors could use Hamstring instead. Often unfortunately you can't rely on it. But if you ask and you see that it works its nice that you don't have to think about that as well. There are other reasons to switch between stances, like when Taunt is resisted and you have to use Mocking Blow instead. But it's also very useful for PvP. So Tactical Mastery isn't a bad decision in any case.

I put all the other points into Protection after level 45. Last Stand is a talent that saved me from running to my corpse often.

Shield Specialization and Deflection not only reduce incoming damage. Attacks that you parry or block (or dodge) also enable Revenge to be used. Revenge creates way more threat than Sunder Armor for only 1/3 or the rage (5 rage points). So this is a great aid when tanking.
And there is no need to put more than 1 point into Improved Shield Block. With 1/3 points Shield Block will last for two blocks instead of only one. The other two points only increase the duration of the ability by one second (it still is gone after 2 blocks though).

The remaining 3 points I put into defiance for 9% more threat. I think from all the other Protection talents where you could put those points in, you benefit the most from this one. You could also go for 3/3 Improved Revenge. A stunned opponent won't hit you so its further damage reduction. Also Revenge causes even more threat if you stun your opponent with it. But I still think that +9% more threat is better if you compare threat increase by those talents. Also most bosses are immune to stuns.

For tanking just use a fast weapon and a shield both with defensive stats. Currently I am using Sang'thraze the Deflector which drops in Zul'Farak and Aegis of Stormwind which I bought in the Auction House. I enchanted the shield with Lesser Block. It's cheap and the best enchant you can get as warrior for your shield. Aegis of the Scarlet Commander is nice too for your level. It drops from the boss in the cathedral of Scarlet Monastery.

Sorry for the epic late-reply. I've been a little busy, and kept forgetting every time I tried to remind myself to come and check here.

I Havnt respec'd yet, but I will be soon. At the moment, i'm level 43 now. I have put points into anger management, as well as tactical mastery and wow, I sure was missing out. Same with with sweeping strikes, i'm in love with that ability, it has helped a ton so far.

As for the shield, that is actually the one im using. I had got it on my first SM run as well, so that was nice. I'm also using Steelclaw Reaver for my one hander atm.

I'll be following the route you did once I respec, so i wanted to say thank you for breaking this all down for me, I really do appreciate it. At times i'm a little nervous when it comes to tanking, especially now that im getting higher in level, i dont want to mess up since i'm new to it so this has really helped me a lot.

Thanks again!

Sorry for the epic late-reply. I've been a little busy, and kept forgetting every time I tried to remind myself to come and check here.

I Havnt respec'd yet, but I will be soon. At the moment, i'm level 43 now. I have put points into anger management, as well as tactical mastery and wow, I sure was missing out. Same with with sweeping strikes, i'm in love with that ability, it has helped a ton so far.

As for the shield, that is actually the one im using. I had got it on my first SM run as well, so that was nice. I'm also using Steelclaw Reaver for my one hander atm.

I'll be following the route you did once I respec, so i wanted to say thank you for breaking this all down for me, I really do appreciate it. At times i'm a little nervous when it comes to tanking, especially now that im getting higher in level, i dont want to mess up since i'm new to it so this has really helped me a lot.

Thanks again!

Currently I'm specced 4/5 tactical mastery with both imp charge and overpower with filler points in 2h spec (axes). Is anger management worth dropping 2 points in 2h spec? (Or what else would I drop). Both imp charge and overpower are really useful. Thanks

Currently I'm specced 4/5 tactical mastery with both imp charge and overpower with filler points in 2h spec (axes). Is anger management worth dropping 2 points in 2h spec? (Or what else would I drop). Both imp charge and overpower are really useful. Thanks

I guess it depends on your playstyle. For me it is. It makes tanking with an unpatient group a lot easier as I can just build up rage for the next enounter. That way I don't have to wait to use my abilities as I usually start my fights with like 30 to 40 rage.
Often I don't use Execute when my enemy would die from my next attack anyway. This again allows me to kill the next mob quicker because I don't start the fight with only the rage from Charge. Just try it out, respeccing is cheap here.

I'd definitely keep Improved Overpower though as it works well with Deep Wounds and Impale. I think the additional 6 rage from Improved Charge is negligible, so I'd pass on that one.

I guess it depends on your playstyle. For me it is. It makes tanking with an unpatient group a lot easier as I can just build up rage for the next enounter. That way I don't have to wait to use my abilities as I usually start my fights with like 30 to 40 rage.
Often I don't use Execute when my enemy would die from my next attack anyway. This again allows me to kill the next mob quicker because I don't start the fight with only the rage from Charge. Just try it out, respeccing is cheap here.

I'd definitely keep Improved Overpower though as it works well with Deep Wounds and Impale. I think the additional 6 rage from Improved Charge is negligible, so I'd pass on that one.

If possible, could you post what your current talent tree looks like? I know you posted what you may do when you are level 60, just curious as to what you have now.

If possible, could you post what your current talent tree looks like? I know you posted what you may do when you are level 60, just curious as to what you have now.

Currently I am at 31/5/11. So far I will stick to what I've posted. Perhaps I will change 3/5 2H Weapon Spec for 3/3 Improved Hamstring later just to try whether it is useful in Warsong Gulch.

@Frederik

Nice to see another warrior knowing what the hell they are talking about in terms of leveling specs.

@SICC

In the 40s you should have Bonebitter as alliance, then when you hit ZF there is a decent poll arm you can get. The damage range is a tiny bit smaller but the speed is 2.9 and has a chance on hit wound. Respec pole arm specialization at that point and still maintain the +crit you got with Axe spec.

When you hit the 50s do AV on AV weekend and get the Ice-Barbed Spear (pole-arm) BiS til 60 and don't have to respec. The leveling path from lvl 1 to 60 should be 1 respec at 40 going into axe, and 1 respec into polearm.

If you PVP a lot and want to OT for raids as a 3rd tank or possible 4th, you can run: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LMGxdNboxzcZEbzoh The increased threat is huge on this server due to current inability to spam heroic strike with a 1.3 speed weapon. Edit* note 1/3 imp SB, this is required when raid tanking to push crushing blows off the table when a mob is influenced by Thunderclap or Thunderfury. (with the lack or armor increase, you can focus on being a FR/NR tank as well for the raid, helping negate the armor value loss)

When you are ready to start 5 man tanking for pre-raid, a good setup is Imp-Revenge as it reduces so much damage taken: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LV0LZVZEizseMdzo

If they ever fix rage gains for tanks on this server and you end up main tanking the best tanking setup for threat will be:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#Lihb0hbZcZEizox0zVo

(Going only 2/5 tactical mastery for Mocking Blow stance dance) As a MT other people should stance dance and thunderclap and assuming rage gets fixed, being able to finally use heroic strike in your rotation is nice.

Last edited:
@Frederik

Nice to see another warrior knowing what the hell they are talking about in terms of leveling specs.

@SICC

In the 40s you should have Bonebitter as alliance, then when you hit ZF there is a decent poll arm you can get. The damage range is a tiny bit smaller but the speed is 2.9 and has a chance on hit wound. Respec pole arm specialization at that point and still maintain the +crit you got with Axe spec.

When you hit the 50s do AV on AV weekend and get the Ice-Barbed Spear (pole-arm) BiS til 60 and don't have to respec. The leveling path from lvl 1 to 60 should be 1 respec at 40 going into axe, and 1 respec into polearm.

If you PVP a lot and want to OT for raids as a 3rd tank or possible 4th, you can run: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LMGxdNboxzcZEbzoh The increased threat is huge on this server due to current inability to spam heroic strike with a 1.3 speed weapon. Edit* note 1/3 imp SB, this is required when raid tanking to push crushing blows off the table when a mob is influenced by Thunderclap or Thunderfury. (with the lack or armor increase, you can focus on being a FR/NR tank as well for the raid, helping negate the armor value loss)

When you are ready to start 5 man tanking for pre-raid, a good setup is Imp-Revenge as it reduces so much damage taken: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#LV0LZVZEizseMdzo

If they ever fix rage gains for tanks on this server and you end up main tanking the best tanking setup for threat will be:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#Lihb0hbZcZEizox0zVo

(Going only 2/5 tactical mastery for Mocking Blow stance dance) As a MT other people should stance dance and thunderclap and assuming rage gets fixed, being able to finally use heroic strike in your rotation is nice.

I am so sorry I missed this!

I really appreciate the help and the specific break down. This helps me so much, thanks again!

Top Bottom