• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How create hype for kronos

I strongly disagree.
Going on other projects and whisper people is enerving for them and will bring a bad reputation for the server.
And besides :)
I know a server that filters the Kronos URL from chat and converts it to "I like carl..." :wub:

imo Social media and forums is key here.
Google will bring newcomers to the vanilla wow private server scene.
Social media brings you already active vanilla players (most likely from different servers).

My opinion (hope my eng will be enough):

Most players which decide to play classic will be expierenced players in wow world and maybe very very small % newbies. Easiest and most effective way how to let players know about Kronos is to join rival (no matter datadisc) servers and whisp players about Kronos like Nextgen did it on Twinstar (Ares).
I mean no force convert, just tell them there is new project and if they will have time, they could watch some videos with game mechanics and class fuction (ofc after there will be some released).
From my point of view that vote pages are pointless.

I think few ppl from old kronos did this on f***x etc...

Social media brings you already active vanilla players (most likely from different servers).

Well this is bad premise I think. If u are active player (vanilla or different datadisc) you arent looking for another servers.

My story: Im playing on Ares (twinstar tBC server) I was dueling in 1-2am server time with some eng speaking dude. We were talking and he told me he plays tBC only because hes waiting for Kronos relaunch. He lost few worlds about it and I look at web, saw first video with AI. I like it I show it to my friend(now not playing anywhere) and after release second video we decide to join. I bring another man from Ares that he try vanilla and my friend bring next. So u have 4 players only because someone told me about it. Just told me that it exist, not asking me to go play classic on Krono.

What I want to say is Im playing on twinstar, Kronos is twinstar project I visit forum often Im active in bug report and I completely miss kronos relaunch like I completely miss that cataclysm server and new wotlk server, I was just playing Ares, it was fine so why should I looking for change?

So how could players from rival servers know about Kronos if someone doesnt tell them??

I think few ppl from old kronos did this on f***x etc...

I didnt think f..x. I thought servers with low population where is chance that full guilds will came. If u asked players on server with high population to go to server with uncertain future, they wont go.

If the server really gets attacked again, that only means that the competitors fear its success :)
Yes it does. But that won't really bring you players. And such attacks can demotivate (some) newcomers and make them decide that Kronos isn't worth playing on, because it's not stable enough.

For your third paragraph, you should play here again ^^
In my case, that mostly depends on real life circumstances and also a little on what xp rates will be available.
I'd love to level on x1 again, but when you're the only one doing so the game loses its MM qualities and becomes just an ORPG with battlegrounds, dungeons and elite quests practically removed. Not as fun that way...

Okay I agree. If you casually tell people about kronos in a conversation its fine. I was assuming you mean to advertise it in global chats or such. Which would, like I said, do more harm then good.

Kronos was never attacked by any DDoS. Only the WotLK servers were flooded back in the days, however these attacks has been blocked quickly. As far as I remember, Kronos had problems with login server due to database issues - like 2 or 3 times.

...I remember one issue when I ruined the whole server with my new patrol system, the server had around 15 seconds delay, but that's just history :D

Dont panic guys, i already spreading kronos with all people i meet playing on that shiet server called rebirth :D already 21 will try kronos at release B)
u should do some work too , i plan to get to 150 before release

Kronos was never attacked by any DDoS. Only the WotLK servers were flooded back in the days, however these attacks has been blocked quickly. As far as I remember, Kronos had problems with login server due to database issues - like 2 or 3 times.

sorry, bad memory then I guess.. could've sworn I remember attacks from other vanilla projects

Sorry about the question,dont take it personal,but I read in forum,why Kronos Vanilla server is not stable much?(hosting problem?) I heard there was 1st Kronos also 2nd Kronos project,what happened?

Dont panic guys, i already spreading kronos with all people i meet playing on that shiet server called rebirth :D already 21 will try kronos at release B)
u should do some work too , i plan to get to 150 before release

Don't worry, daddy will help you<3-

Sorry about the question,dont take it personal,but I read in forum,why Kronos Vanilla server is not stable much?(hosting problem?) I heard there was 1st Kronos also 2nd Kronos project,what happened?

This server has no problem with stability and no problem with bugs. Kronos 1 and Kronos 2 just kind of died, because people stopped playing. But the leadership adapted and changed some stuff and now we are all hoping that the new Kronos will last a lot longer. And all we really need for that is active players;)

Simply, we were not popular enough ;)

"popular" in terms of being well known that is !

The server was just not very well known, but those ppl who found the server and played here all agree that this server was the best we ever played on .... and we tried them all.

Also, seeing the great Chero fixing bugs within a glimpse of an eye, which on other servers take months to fix or not getting fixed at all, impressed us a lot !

I agreed , i played on most 1.12 server and kronos was the only one with proper script and a dev which actually fixed bug, for example i reported Emperor Wrongh pathing in brd,chero came ,checked,fixed it in like 5 minute.

it was like the most amazing thing i seen in 7 years of private server

Im really amazed from the development on this server too and I like being involved with the staff on this server. The staff is even having a conversation with you except if they support you. I found this server due this development videos on youtube. So big thanks for letting me know this awesome project, im really looking forward to play here *-*

Im really amazed from the development on this server too and I like being involved with the staff on this server. The staff is even having a conversation with you except if they support you. I found this server due this development videos on youtube. So big thanks for letting me know this awesome project, im really looking forward to play here *-*

That's awesome on so many levels. It proves that the videos are working.

It will not be so high this time i think ;)

That's one of the big reasons Kronos never took off. Asking people to level with 1x rates on an "unproven server" (in their eyes) is just suicide. It's a huge amount of time to invest.

There's two servers who have "made it" with those rates:

The first is a 1x version of a huge server, so they had a huge target audience to aim at on launch -- this provided the foundation for others to join. The other is an American server that has been around for years and only relatively recently gained any traction.

I'll level no matter what, because I think the staff and community here are awesome and have serious potential but mistakes have to be learned from.

That's one of the big reasons Kronos never took off. Asking people to level with 1x rates on an "unproven server" (in their eyes) is just suicide. It's a huge amount of time to invest.

I'm not sure that I understand you correctly, because Kronos most certainly did not ask people to level with 1x rates. For the second launch it was adjustable individually between 0x-7x. And the vast majority of (horde) players just set it to 7 and levelled within a week or two. I remember, because I missed the launch by a few days and when i logged in for the first time, I already saw 60s in the /who list.

I don't envy the developing team the decision on xp rates.. when they set them too high, players' quickly levelled characters have such little value to them that they are willing to abandon them at the first sight of server trouble. Which we've already seen happen two times. Such high xp rates also mean no dungeons and no battlegrounds during levelling which makes it more boring and fails to showcase this server's qualities early on.
But when they set them too low, they lose potentional players that claim to not like lower level content. Although I fail to understand how is running wsg at 29 different from wsg at 60. Or how is Gnomeregan any different from, let's say, Scholomance.

This ep discussion goes back and forth.
Some are attracted by 1* rate and assume that a server with 1* is automatically blizzlike -> bullshit
1* rates just make leveling a struggle and almost everyone here has leveled several chars to 60 already.
Blizzlike comes from how quests work, how raids work, how the classes are fixed. Thats the true definition of it.
All what the 1* rate servers arround lack!

Imo a higher then normal ep rate is fine as long as its not too high. 2* for example is perfectly fine for me.
It gives you levels at a reasonable pace while still forcing you through most of the quest content to get to 60.
It just kind of scraps out the grinding part which vanilla clearly had cause of missing quests for your current level.

tl;dr
1* rate != is not automatically blizzlike
2* rate == resonable lvl pace
blizzlike == game mechanics work as designed by blizzard

This ep discussion goes back and forth.
Some are attracted by 1* rate and assume that a server with 1* is automatically blizzlike -> bullshit
1* rates just make leveling a struggle and almost everyone here has leveled several chars to 60 already.
Blizzlike comes from how quests work, how raids work, how the classes are fixed. Thats the true definition of it.
All what the 1* rate servers arround lack!

Imo a higher then normal ep rate is fine as long as its not too high. 2* for example is perfectly fine for me.
It gives you levels at a reasonable pace while still forcing you through most of the quest content to get to 60.
It just kind of scraps out the grinding part which vanilla clearly had cause of missing quests for your current level.

tl;dr
1* rate != is not automatically blizzlike
2* rate == resonable lvl pace
blizzlike == game mechanics work as designed by blizzard

Word

I'm not sure that I understand you correctly, because Kronos most certainly did not ask people to level with 1x rates. For the second launch it was adjustable individually between 0x-7x. And the vast majority of (horde) players just set it to 7 and levelled within a week or two. I remember, because I missed the launch by a few days and when i logged in for the first time, I already saw 60s in the /who list.

I don't envy the developing team the decision on xp rates.. when they set them too high, players' quickly levelled characters have such little value to them that they are willing to abandon them at the first sight of server trouble. Which we've already seen happen two times. Such high xp rates also mean no dungeons and no battlegrounds during levelling which makes it more boring and fails to showcase this server's qualities early on.
But when they set them too low, they lose potentional players that claim to not like lower level content. Although I fail to understand how is running wsg at 29 different from wsg at 60. Or how is Gnomeregan any different from, let's say, Scholomance.

I'm aware of that bud. I leveled during that 7x period as well. I was just trying to make the point that the rates shouldn't drop too low. I used 1x as the example because they're the two main "low rate" servers that I know of at the moment. The rest of the populated ones are all 7x+, which I feel is no coincidence.

With that being said, I stopped monitoring the vanilla scene when I found Kronos. Everything else just seems like a waste of time now, so I don't know if there's other populated low rates out there.

Top Bottom