• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

A few thoughts

Voltaire

Authorized
Regarding Kronos

1) A general information FAQ sticky in the "News & Information" section -
I had to browse through the entire place & even peeked into all the random subforums in order to find information about this server (rates,server type, where it's situated, who runs it, when it's released, is running multiple game clients allowed without using any 3rd party software etc.) and I still don't have all the information. So I suggest there be a general FAQ thread created for all such information.

2) Old players are allowed to keep gear & items -
Gear won't really be a problem as the characters don't get unlocked until the instances, where the gear was obtained are cleared (as I understood), but banking alts and guild banks will have a huge impact on the economy and sense of justice overall. I'd suggest clearing the bankers and all stacked up mats in general for the sake of the server. And I'd suggest the old characters be locked up until the released raid dungeons are cleared as unlocking T2 characters once MC is cleared (or even if BWL hasn't been fully cleared and farmed for a few weeks) will give a lot of people an unfair advantage reprogressing through BWL (BWL gear is a LOT better than MC/Ony gear) So, T1 geared characters shouldn't be unlocked until 3-4 weeks has passed since Ragnaros dies and T2 characters shouldn't be unlocked until 3-4 weeks after Nefarian's death.

It's also in the best interest of the server itself. As these issues will make progressing through content too fast, easy & convenient and we might be looking at people demanding the release of AQ within 4-5 months after the server's release, which in return will shorten the overall life span of the server (The more new content to look forward to, the more people the server draws to it)

Now for my main concern:

3) Reserved and taken names -
Everybody should have a fair starting point when it comes to choosing a name on a new server. What gives a server the fresh and new feel is having the opportunity to race for your desired in-game name once the servers go live. As a name isn't merely a name, it's the identity of a player. But in this case all of the meaningful & cooler names have already been taken (Hell, a lot of them haven't even been in use as people just "reserve" a name and the character never makes it past lvl 10). So I'd suggest wiping all names and forcing the locked geared oldies to rename their characters once their characters get unlocked some time in the future (the oldies can just reserve their desired name as a lvl 1 character once the server goes live and they still desire that name, but it should make the player himself be ready to log on the very first minutes of launch in order to claim their name)

4) Warden & anti-cheat in general -
I know you've already said that you've got a working Warden system, but I can't stress the importance of this enough. All of the previous projects who wanted to challenge the stagnating scene of the old vanilla servers failed because of this, they were all promising projects and they had a growing population yet they died within 2-6 months because of duping & economy related problems. Ant-cheat must be in superb condition on day 1 of release. Those who didn't fall because of the lack of a strong anti-cheat system fell because of long lasting DDoS attacks.

5) Be prepared and ready to fall under heavy DDoS attacks -
For the first few months you will most likely fall under heavy DDoS attack. 4-5 other projects fell under heavy attacks, it was an attempt to lure people away and make them leave. A few other projects found out that it was the most popular vanilla wow project (name starts with "F"), who launched these attacks because they are afraid of competition. The attacks were very successful and made a lot of frustrated newcomers leave.

It had a great impact on the population growth as you know a successful positively reviewed release is very important in the long run. And "customers" who have a bad experience are 9 times more likely to spread the negative word than they would be spreading a positive word (There was a study which found this to be true.) On and off these DDoS attacks kept happening for the first 1-2 months (sometimes for a week in a row non-stop and they also targetted the registration website) Right now this other project ("F") is losing players and the players are looking for a new blizzlike server (One other server, "R", is and has been under heavy attack for months because players are interested in trying it out).

If you don't mess the launch up then things will look good for this project as hundreds of players (I've talked to many & kept my ears open) from the stagnating projects are looking for a new home server (myself included)

PS! Please make sure to fix group loot )) and keep up the good work!

With love,

Voltaire

Last edited:
1) I am here for quite some time and even I don't know where it is (if it exists :))
2) The content before was BWL, characters from that time will be unlocked after BWL was cleared for some time. Clearing the banks was also my first thought. Thats the best about a server where you can't dupe. Economy is in a good condition - as it should be. Don't break it with old guild/personal banks
3) I would gladly name my new character here with my normal name "Lharts", though I doubt it will happen :)
As a side note. Twinstar has the option to rename characters. So if your name is already taken, maybe you can convice the other guy to rename his ^^
4) Warden works really good here and alot duping methods, that are still possible on other server are fixed :)
5) If its a proper DDoS you can't do shit about it. Though Twinstars servers have a really good protection against attacks so I wouldn't be too worried.

For your last point, group loot is already fixed here :)
I suppose you mean the one were the group loot window just randomly closes, right?

1) A general information FAQ sticky in the "News & Information" section -
I had to browse through the entire place & even peeked into all the random subforums in order to find information about this server (rates,server type, where it's situated, who runs it, when it's released, is running multiple game clients allowed without using any 3rd party software etc.) and I still don't have all the information. So I suggest there be a general FAQ thread created for all such information.

List of Violations, Server Rules, Info, About Us
You can find the answers to most of your questions under these links. What we can not tell you at this moment is the precise release date, though we are aiming for a fall 2014 release, and the final xp-rates, which we have not yet settled on internally.

2) Old players are allowed to keep gear & items -
Gear won't really be a problem as the characters don't get unlocked until the instances, where the gear was obtained are cleared (as I understood), but banking alts and guild banks will have a huge impact on the economy and sense of justice overall. I'd suggest clearing the bankers and all stacked up mats in general for the sake of the server. And I'd suggest the old characters be locked up until the released raid dungeons are cleared as unlocking T2 characters once MC is cleared (or even if BWL hasn't been fully cleared and farmed for a few weeks) will give a lot of people an unfair advantage reprogressing through BWL (BWL gear is a LOT better than MC/Ony gear) So, T1 geared characters shouldn't be unlocked until 3-4 weeks has passed since Ragnaros dies and T2 characters shouldn't be unlocked until 3-4 weeks after Nefarian's death.

It's also in the best interest of the server itself. As these issues will make progressing through content too fast, easy & convenient and we might be looking at people demanding the release of AQ within 4-5 months after the server's release, which in return will shorten the overall life span of the server (The more new content to look forward to, the more people the server draws to it)

3) Reserved and taken names -
Everybody should have a fair starting point when it comes to choosing a name on a new server. What gives a server the fresh and new feel is having the opportunity to race for your desired in-game name once the servers go live. As a name isn't merely a name, it's the identity of a player. But in this case all of the meaningful & cooler names have already been taken (Hell, a lot of them haven't even been in use as people just "reserve" a name and the character never makes it past lvl 10). So I'd suggest wiping all names and forcing the locked geared oldies to rename their characters once their characters get unlocked some time in the future (the oldies can just reserve their desired name as a lvl 1 character once the server goes live and they still desire that name, but it should make the player himself be ready to log on the very first minutes of launch in order to claim their name)

We are currently reconsidering this idea completely but you can be sure that even if we chose to restore old characters at some point, such a restore would happen in a way that would not cause any of the issues you mentioned. These issues had been addressed in an old FAQ thread which for the time being has been deleted and will be replaced by a new one relatively soon.

4) Warden & anti-cheat in general -
I know you've already said that you've got a working Warden system, but I can't stress the importance of this enough. All of the previous projects who wanted to challenge the stagnating scene of the old vanilla servers failed because of this, they were all promising projects and they had a growing population yet they died within 2-6 months because of duping & economy related problems. Ant-cheat must be in superb condition on day 1 of release. Those who didn't fall because of the lack of a strong anti-cheat system fell because of long lasting DDoS attacks.

All duping methods known to us are already impossible on the current test realm. Of course there might be yet more ways which we are not aware of yet, however all we can do for know is promise that we will try very hard to stay on top of this.

5) Be prepared and ready to fall under heavy DDoS attacks -
For the first few months you will most likely fall under heavy DDoS attack. 4-5 other projects fell under heavy attacks, it was an attempt to lure people away and make them leave. A few other projects found out that it was the most popular vanilla wow project (name starts with "F"), who launched these attacks because they are afraid of competition. The attacks were very successful and made a lot of frustrated newcomers leave.

It had a great impact on the population growth as you know a successful positively reviewed release is very important in the long run. And "customers" who have a bad experience are 9 times more likely to spread the negative word than they would be spreading a positive word (There was a study which found this to be true.) On and off these DDoS attacks kept happening for the first 1-2 months (sometimes for a week in a row non-stop and they also targetted the registration website) Right now this other project ("F") is losing players and the players are looking for a new blizzlike server (One other server, "R", is and has been under heavy attack for months because players are interested in trying it out).
As far as I know the TwinStar server environment is about as protected against DDoS attacks as it can get, thus this will hopefully never be an issue.

If you don't mess the launch up then things will look good for this project as hundreds of players (I've talked to many & kept my ears open) from the stagnating projects are looking for a new home server (myself included)

PS! Please make sure to fix group loot )) and keep up the good work!

With love,

Voltaire

The everyone-intant-pass issue regarding Group Loot has already been fixed. And we will try our best not to “mess the launch up” ;).

Last edited:
The everyone-intant-pass issue regarding Group Loot has already been fixed. And we will try our best not to “mess the launch up” ;).

Nah, some other servers ("F") have this bug, where group loot doesn't work properly. Rather than loot being available to players in turns everybody can loot all mobs, which means that there's usually one melee in every group, who keeps looting all mobs as soon as they die and ranged / healing classes, who are further away never get their fair share of the loot (cloths, quest items and other non-rollable items) because they are further away thus not fast enough. It really is a game breaking bug when it comes to grouping, which is a great part of a MMO game. Even the instant-pass issue isn't as annoying as it rarely happens, but still glad to hear it's fixed.

Last edited:
One thing, i am curious how u wanna avoid tipping in world/other channels in slovak or czech langguage. I know it will be international project, but still, huge part of community will be cz/svk anyway, and as we can saw in the past, most of them are stupid children with typical : som na ceskom/slovenskom serveri, budem pisat po cesky/slovensky (i am on czech/slovak server so i will talk in czech/slovak).

Cz/sk community are accustomed with channel name "world" so my suggestion for name is "worldwide".

One thing, i am curious how u wanna avoid tipping in world/other channels in slovak or czech langguage. I know it will be international project, but still, huge part of community will be cz/svk anyway, and as we can saw in the past, most of them are stupid children with typical : som na ceskom/slovenskom serveri, budem pisat po cesky/slovensky (i am on czech/slovak server so i will talk in czech/slovak).

Well... dealing with most of that should be the GMs' responsibility. I imagine warnings or even mutes should help, especially in those first few weeks. But even a GM can't be online 24/7 so the rest of the work is on the player community.
Don't argue with such people.
Don't get angry with them or start ordering them to stop.
Don't feed the trolls!

Just wait till someone tries to calmly tell them to use english, or try doing it yourself. Once or twice is enough.

And if they don't listen, don't get upset because you don't understand... there are shittons of stuff on the internet you wouldn't understand. Let this just be another one of those and if it bothers you to have to look at it just put the offender in the ignore list. He'll eventually get what's coming to him the next time he does it and a GM is online to see him.

Sure, it's important to keep the chat in english, but I'd say it is equally important to try to keep the community as friendly as possible and to not start fights over every little thing. And keep in mind, you may find it annoying when someone speaks in a language you can't understand, but when you don't react correctly, people may find it just as annoying to have their world channel spammed with "gtfo use english noob" crap.

worldcz -> done :)
It really wasn't a problem before and it will not be a problem now. Relax.

Cz/SK language on world >> report> 1st time long mute, 2nd time ban. Who the hell want play with stupid people...

worldcz -> done :)
It really wasn't a problem before and it will not be a problem now. Relax.

U played on other server mate? :) it was huge problem and one of the reasson why newcommers logout and never came back

Enforcing two world chats (one for international players and one for cz/sk players) will probably not be successful and it will only further segregate & divide the (rather small in numbers) community. Priority should be set on enforcing english as the official server language at all costs (set up server notification messages, which would pop up when a player logs on and once every hour globally reminding all players to speak english in general-, trade- and world chats etc.) as it will lure new blood in.

The server can only successfuly be advertised as an international 'english' server or a 'cz' server. There is no in-between. Most international players relate this situation to the obnoxious russian situation (where whenever 2 russian players meet they keep talking in russian and everybody else has to bear with it) and are put off by it.

Cz/sk players should also be reminded that it's nothing personal. It's for the sake of the server and it's (hopefully growing) population. As this server would really start bringing in more players once it reaches a certain player cap, but first we have to do whatever it takes and make sure we hit that initial cap (~500 players on at any given time.) Some minor sacrifices must be made.

As a bigger population gives the server the proper MMO vibe & feeling and as a result lures in an ever increasing pool of new players.

Also add an exception to the server rule, "All Czech republic laws are also in effect on this server and must be followed" as Czech is by law the state language and therefor the 1st and primary language used within the borders of The Czech Republic, because smart-asses will use this as an excuse to talk czech.

Plus have a gamemaster constantly following world & trade chats to make sure people follow the rule and even mute/kick players for a brief time period when necessary. because if action is not taken and the problem is dealt lightly, then people just won't care enough to follow the rule (especially if no action is taken in the very first few months of release)

Last edited:
World = Eng
Worldcz = Cze/Sk
where is problem ?
Everyone on the Twinstar know "World" as their channel. If you name it "Worldwide" you will avoid a problem when Czech player come on the Kronos and write in the "World" channel in czech.

I read that some players are concerned with the new optional 1-7x experience rates and they think that it will kill lower level dungeons and the overall grouping whils't leveling experience.

From somewhere I also read that respeccing costs are capped at 5g on this server to promote pvp and different gameplay in general.

I've got an idea. How about instead of adjusting your experience rate in-game, we have this system implanted. Where after creating a character experience is set at 1x by default and in order to change it you would have to log on on the kronos website and go to the character panel and there you would have the option to set your experience rate 1-7x. After that you would be promted to enter a captcha (or even better - have the system send you another confirmation email, where upon opening it you would have to click the provided link) in order to save the changes.

If you choose 1x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 1g (custom price of 3g if 1g seems a bit too low. Altough leveling 1x is painful as fuck so i'd reward it in order to promote it)
If you choose 2x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 5g
If you choose 3x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 10g
If you choose 4x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 15g
If you choose 5x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 25g
If you choose 6x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 40g
If you choose 7x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 50g

After choosing the experience rate you aren't allowed to decrease it anymore (To avoid people from exploiting the system and setting the rate back to 1x after they hit lvl 59.) only allowed to increase the rates should the player decide he wants to level faster.

The confirmation email (which would also inform you that after clicking the confirmation link you aren't allowed to decrease the rate again or even after you decrease it the respeccing cost will still remain capped at the price of the biggest rate that particular character has ever chosen) & captchas serve to avoid petty excuses as "My big brother is such a jerk, he changed my experience rates without me knowing" etc.

That should force all the players, who are serious about their character to set their exp rate to 1-4x as it would benefit them in the long run. At the same time it would still give all the hardcore endgame players the option to level at higher rates at a cost of a small penalty (which is blizzlike anyway, so they can't really cry about it.)

Respeccing is expensive and yet at the same time it doesn't really affect the server nor it's economy.

Some kind of a system like this would also force me to level at 2x rates (as 1x is too hardcore for me), otherwise I'd just set my rate to 7x by default as I don't really care much about leveling.

I'd picture most (2/4) players setting their rate at 2x-4x, with 1/4 of the population choosing 7x rates and 1/4 of the population going for 1x rates.

Also having a perfectly scripted lvl 1-55 world is kind of pointless if most people with high rates won't ever experience most of it.

Implementing this kind of a system would also make the server more appealing to the players who are looking for a low rate blizzlike vanilla server. This way you could market it to and get both the pro low rate & pro high rate players interested.

It's just merely an idea, plz no snusnu

Last edited:
Cause it was like this before does not mean it has to be like this again :)
For me its clear that lower rated then before are better. 7* is just way too high.
2-3 will not leave you biting your keyboard cause you, yet again, have to walk 45 mins to the next zone to even get your levels for the next zone.

4* rates would mean about 7 evenings worth of playing (arround 5-6h)
2-3* rates would be arround 14-21 evenings
1* rates thoug will be way over a month

Reason why 1* takes so much longer then 2* is that you have to travel arround and visit almost 3 zones on your level.

Anything slightly above 1* is fine for me cause it won't break low level content and grouping.
Damn even though I said I would never do it again even 1* would be fine with me since I know what this server got to offer :)

First of all Voltaire, thanks for making the effort of creating a leveling model out of your own thoughts, we appreciate it, but at the same time, what you suggested is not going to happen.

Now, knowing that you suggested this based on a wrong impression of how the leveling will be here on the new Kronos, i will try to make it a little clearer and tell what kind of information we can give you right now and what is yet to be decided by the Kronos Team.

As far as information gathering goes, we are aware that there are a few contradictions on the twinstar boards here. This is mostly caused by some slacking of the board admins and by the fact that we have not made the final decision concerning a few topics yet.

The OLD KRONOS had x0-7 rates, but the new Kronos will definitely be of lower rates. Precise info on that will follow very soon in a new faq thread and it will also be shown on the kronos-wow.com webpage !
When these decisions have been made and posted, we will make sure that all kind of OLD information gets vanished !

Ohh, somewhere on Kronos' boards I saw people discussing above mentioned numbers.

Very important for all people on the boards here, you should only trust the information that you either get from our kronos-wow.com website or from this english part of the forums, posted by the Team Members of Kronos !
Only the English part of the Kronos forum, will be supported ! So you better start having conversations in this part of the forums and ask your questions here. Do not listen to speculations on the cz/sk part of the fourms unless Chero himself posted something there.

Again, be aware that some decisions, especially regarding leveling, have not been made yet, but they will be very soon and THEN, you will learn about it officially by the Kronos Team, until then you should not listen to any rumors !

Last edited:
First of all Voltaire, thanks for making the effort of creating a leveling model out of your own thoughts, we appreciate it, but at the same time, what you suggested is not going to happen.

Now, knowing that you suggested this based on a wrong impression of how the leveling will be here on the new Kronos, i will try to make it a little clearer and tell what kind of information we can give you right now and what is yet to be decided by the Kronos Team.

As far as information gathering goes, we are aware that there are a few contradictions on the twinstar boards here. This is mostly caused by some slacking of the board admins and by the fact that we have not made the final decision concerning a few topics yet.

The OLD KRONOS had x0-7 rates, but the new Kronos will definitely be of lower rates. Precise info on that will follow very soon in a new faq thread and it will also be shown on the kronos-wow.com webpage !
When these decisions have been made and posted, we will make sure that all kind of OLD information gets vanished !

Very important for all people on the boards here, you should only trust the information that you either get from our kronos-wow.com website or from this english part of the forums, posted by the Team Members of Kronos !
Only the English part of the Kronos forum, will be supported ! So you better start having conversations in this part of the forums and ask your questions here. Do not listen to speculations on the cz/sk part of the fourms unless Chero himself posted something there.

Again, be aware that some decisions, especially regarding leveling, have not been made yet, but they will be very soon and THEN, you will learn about it officially by the Kronos Team, until then you should not listen to any rumors !

Yeah, kind of hard to grasp what's true and false when there isn't really much official information released and many of the older players keep speculating and discussing all sorts of different things which might turn out to not be true.

Anyway thanks for clearing things up for me. I'll just keep my eyes & ears open and wait for further information to be announced. That Kronos FAQ would really come in handy to prevent these situations from occuring ;)

Last edited:
yep, we are aware of that, but we can't post information that is not final yet :)

anyways, an FAQ thread will be there very soon, and more and more general info about the server will be added to http://www.kronos-wow.com/info/ when it is final. Currently the info tab is "under construction" .

Last edited:
I read that some players are concerned with the new optional 1-7x experience rates and they think that it will kill lower level dungeons and the overall grouping whils't leveling experience.

From somewhere I also read that respeccing costs are capped at 5g on this server to promote pvp and different gameplay in general.

I've got an idea. How about instead of adjusting your experience rate in-game, we have this system implanted. Where after creating a character experience is set at 1x by default and in order to change it you would have to log on on the kronos website and go to the character panel and there you would have the option to set your experience rate 1-7x. After that you would be promted to enter a captcha (or even better - have the system send you another confirmation email, where upon opening it you would have to click the provided link) in order to save the changes.

If you choose 1x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 1g (custom price of 3g if 1g seems a bit too low. Altough leveling 1x is painful as fuck so i'd reward it in order to promote it)
If you choose 2x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 5g
If you choose 3x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 10g
If you choose 4x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 15g
If you choose 5x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 25g
If you choose 6x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 40g
If you choose 7x experience rate, upon hitting level 60 your respeccing cost would be capped at 50g

After choosing the experience rate you aren't allowed to decrease it anymore (To avoid people from exploiting the system and setting the rate back to 1x after they hit lvl 59.) only allowed to increase the rates should the player decide he wants to level faster.

The confirmation email (which would also inform you that after clicking the confirmation link you aren't allowed to decrease the rate again or even after you decrease it the respeccing cost will still remain capped at the price of the biggest rate that particular character has ever chosen) & captchas serve to avoid petty excuses as "My big brother is such a jerk, he changed my experience rates without me knowing" etc.

That should force all the players, who are serious about their character to set their exp rate to 1-4x as it would benefit them in the long run. At the same time it would still give all the hardcore endgame players the option to level at higher rates at a cost of a small penalty (which is blizzlike anyway, so they can't really cry about it.)

Respeccing is expensive and yet at the same time it doesn't really affect the server nor it's economy.

Some kind of a system like this would also force me to level at 2x rates (as 1x is too hardcore for me), otherwise I'd just set my rate to 7x by default as I don't really care much about leveling.

I'd picture most (2/4) players setting their rate at 2x-4x, with 1/4 of the population choosing 7x rates and 1/4 of the population going for 1x rates.

Also having a perfectly scripted lvl 1-55 world is kind of pointless if most people with high rates won't ever experience most of it.

Implementing this kind of a system would also make the server more appealing to the players who are looking for a low rate blizzlike vanilla server. This way you could market it to and get both the pro low rate & pro high rate players interested.

It's just merely an idea, plz no snusnu
sorry, but its bad idea...imo

Top Bottom