• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

About Creating Characters

ProtoMan

Hello, new here, 1st post and 1st question.

I wanted to know if in the character creation screen the option to make or combine both Alliance and Horde toons in one account could be possible, I know other servers (Vanilla) have implemented this but I am not sure if this is actually related to a patch or if this was simply not part of the Blizzlike experience, please elaborate, thanks :biggrin:

I don't know if it will be possible, but it was on previous kronos. And to be honest, when you can have multiple accs for free, there's no reason to have only one faction on one account.

I am not sure if this is actually related to a patch or if this was simply not part of the Blizzlike experience, please elaborate, thanks :biggrin:

I'm not sure about the absolute beginnig, I'd guess blizz realms weren't differentiated from the start, but for the most part of wow history this was only possible on Normal realms. On PvP realms you could not create characters of both factions on the same account. I guess it served to prevent people from (playing and) making friends on the other faction thus fueling the "conflict" and actual PvP between them. When you have a lot of horde buddies as an alliance, you're not likely to attack them when you meet somewhere in the open world.

On Kronos, with its population and its free account creation, it would accomplish absolutely nothing:) Only slightly longer relogging and unnecessary accounts in the db.

Actually it would make it even easier since you can login with both accounts at the same time while having 2 factions on the same account means you need to relog.

the decisive factor is that you had to pay a good amount of money for each account every month in the original game.
This made you choose one faction and stick with it, which adds up to the adversity between alliance and horde.
Back then there were really just a few ppl who payed for more than 1 account, most people only had 1 account and thus were dedicated to one faction. And i liked that.

On private servers however, this is not possible in any way. private servers are free to play, so it's super easy for everyone to play on both sides, if they want to. Which makes it irrelevant if you can have characters for both factions on the same account or not, because if not, you can easily just create another account.

On the old Kronos it was possible to have characters from both factions on the same account, and given the reasons above, is there any reason to change this ?

the decisive factor is that you had to pay a good amount of money for each account every month in the original game.
This made you choose one faction and stick with it, which adds up to the adversity between alliance and horde.
Back then there were really just a few ppl who payed for more than 1 account, most people only had 1 account and thus were dedicated to one faction. And i liked that.

On private servers however, this is not possible in any way. private servers are free to play, so it's super easy for everyone to play on both sides, if they want to. Which makes it irrelevant if you can have characters for both factions on the same account or not, because if not, you can easily just create another account.

On the old Kronos it was possible to have characters from both factions on the same account, and given the reasons above, is there any reason to change this ?

I know a lot of people that wouldn't bother to make a second account for any reason, and I know some people who actually made alts on their same accounts on private servers without double faction accounts.

I'd just do it for the extra vanilla feel. It might be irrelevant to a dedicated player, but I know that if this goes big, a lot of common people won't be into the habit of making alt accounts/horde spies, and contacting the opposite faction.

I also know people who would ignore opposite faction members trying to contact them, and telling them that it's not blizzlike.

Last edited:
Wait, do you REALY think, that forcing players who want to have both factions chars to make another acc feels more Vanilla for majority of players?

Top Bottom