• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How create hype for kronos

There isn't :)
Besides I was more referring to goris' post. You are right though.
Judging from myself. I wouldn't play on any other 1* rate server too then Kronos (if it really were to be 1*) since it is, like you said, a waste of time.
2 months of leveling to end up on a buggy server with increasing amount of frustration each day... no thanks.

Hype is a great power, but with great power comes great responsibility.

Firstly: Don't start the hype too early prior to the release date. There WILL be delays and people would just stop bothering.

Secondly: Stay active on social sites, (twitter,facebook,reddit.. etc.)
make daily updates, (even the littlest details could make the players happy)
post development progress pictures, make polls - "what class will you play?, will you choose horde or alliance?, what race is your favourite?" irrelevant polls like that, to keep the people active and/or communicative.

Thirdly: A superb trailer. Trailers work magic, superb trailers do WONDERS! People see a trailer, they like it -> They share it, other people like a trailer, aswell -> They share it => More people join the server.

Fourthly: Share, share, share! Tell your friends, workmates, classmates, family, HECK, EVEN RANDOM PEOPLE ON THE STREET about the server and tell them, to tell their friends, aswell (Okay this one might not work, but you can try).

Fifthly: Keep the content fresh! After the game is released just keep adding content and people will be happy!

There, I hope this helps.
I personally am hyped for this server and will make sure, to tell my surroundings about the server.

Last edited:
This is actually the best way to go about it. Except talking to random people on the street ofc :)
Taking your join date as an example, the current advertisement already started working. Which is really like :wub:.

As soon as a wider audience is aware that Kronos is not just your every-day-generic-1.12.1-server it will spread like a bushfire.

If anyone knows and active and decently viewed wow Twitch streamer, you could also ask him to advertise Kronos on his channel.

Taking your join date as an example, the current advertisement already started working. Which is really like :wub:.
Oh no, me I've been playing on Twinstar for a long time now.. this is just my new account.

If anyone knows and active and decently viewed wow Twitch streamer, you could also ask him to advertise Kronos on his channel.

A fellow who goes by the name Noxious (pretty popular amongst the Hearthstone community) actually plays on the Ares server :).

I have a question, how did Corecraft gain such a hype when it's a server that is not out yet and they have been working on the content for almost 3 years? Anyone knows their secret?:mellow:

A Twitch streamer (forgot name) was advertising the project on his stream. Think it was somewhat arround 30k ppl in stream when he first mentioned it.

corecraft ? lol they have been working for years and they dont realy come close to the quality of Kronos, not in server or website and especially not in when it comes to report changes...

i am trying to get all i know 1 by 1 to realize that Kronos will be the superior server and others will slowly bow to that fact over time anyways so its a waste not joining Kronos right away etc.

sadly on "ED" they blocked the links and sentences that contain "twinstar" or "kronos-wow"... they know that it is superior and fear the migration but we need other easy links to reffer to that arent blocked.

I like carl too btw :)
Put the link in quotation marks and it will work.
Another example of feenix amazing coding skills. They are not even able to make a simple string comparison let alone fix a bug while not breaking 10 other thing along the way.

haha XD thanks for the tip :)

reminds me of their bug fixing speed XD.... the server has existed for years and 2 weeks ago i got the mail reply that an exploit i reported had been fixed...

it was a gold exploit caused by a normal quest that had become repeatable....

no wonder most players have 1-10K gold on that server or that simple recipes can be sold for 100-2000 gold XD

the only thing i use ED for is addon test and advertisement of kronos

Last edited:
Hello people, i just registered here on the forums to let you know that a buzz is definitely going on in the vanilla wow gaming world. I myself will stop playing on ED and join Kronos at launch, in a heartbeat. Coding seems far superior. But that is not the entire reason, what got me upset about ED is their own plans for the future of the realm. What i enjoy is a donor free enviroment, and ED is going to become a part of the *****x project full out witch means voting for points and then buying gear, if necessery they will open up for cash donations and voila, everyone has epics they havent raided for.

This is from their own forum:

"What is the long term plan that has been established for ED?

(TL;DR ED will be independent realm)
- History repeats itself as always, same as warsong started as a small charity realm and grew out due to a big demand, so will Emerald dream. We are looking to re-aquire the lost emeralddream.com website and re-establish ED under different ownership. Server progress will continue identical to Warsong (with the current raid progression):

• A new dedicated ED server
  • Later followed by a new dedicated ED website and forum
  • Own development mini-team
  • Dedicated GMs for game issues, events and global help
  • Better organisation in content release and raid fixes.
  • Vote point and progressive donation rewards (current tier level -0.5)
Due to these changes, we expect more players to stay online as progression becomes easier - increasing population. To prevent any bullying we temporarily establish "advertisement" rules, which in short means - old players affecting new players in a negative way will be perma removed from Feenix (no appeal chance)"

Why did i post this? I know that alot of players are ready to drop ED if that becomes reality. I think that Kronos could benefit alot from this if taken advantage of.

// Mida

ED is dying, they had countless exploits that they took years to fix and still many left, not to mention multiple critical bugs and even class abilities that doesn't work as intended.

their vote/donation gear reward will deal the finishing blow to them, they know that they are going down so they want to earn as much as they can before they go down...

players will slowly migrate bit by bit and by the end of 2015 over 50% of all ED player's will have permanently moved considering all the facts and what the future brings...

They like to create hype and then wonder why people are hyping in the forums.

they are writing in a way most goverments speak. promise promise, but at the end nothing. atleast they want people to play you know. its sad. wow classic is something special. and it is unacceptable to ruin it in that way.

Feenix has ruined vanilla wow from the 1st day it was released. Sadest part is it took the vanilla community 4years to figure that out.

I know the existing projects on this patch and I played them all. Hopped from project to project for 4y now and finally wanted to settle somewhere. I even started to give less fucks about bugs...
First I wanted to start out on Rebirth and finally get rid of this severely bugged nonsense that is going on. Valkyrie was no option, even if they had a working anti cheat, cause their population was mainly russian with only a small part beeing english speaking.
Was about to start leveling when someone told me Kronos is coming back with a really nice plan to raise awareness for the project.

The last time I played here the server totally blew my mind. I was expecting it to be better then the servers I played on before, but what I found here was beyond believe at that time. It just felt so much more real and you saw the dedication in every quest (with events and dialogues and interaction and so on) and instance and also PvP. I simply loved it.
5 man instance? Boring as shit on other servers, kronos managed to revived my long lost fun in this part of endgame content.
Wish you guys the same fun as I already had here and definetly will have again soon.

Last edited:
true... Feenix took more glory for the private vanilla server than they actually worked for.

you can find class quests and even class spells that don't even work on it... mind control, seduce
not to mention anyone in /pvp are marked on the minimap even if you arent a hunter... dungeons and raids have high amounts of bugs take a look at Zul'Farrak or BRD where they used scripts to simply let players walk through a wall to bypass stuff rather than fixing it...

the honor system is bugged, i remember when i started with a friend, he was placed 188 on the standing and i was placed 156, he got R2 + 75% progress towards next and i got R1 with 55% progress.... there was also a major gap in kills and honor.... not to mention their honor system has 1 week delay and all world pvp events have either many minor bugs or 1 large....

and every single patrol related quest is bugged and cannot be completed on ED...

not to mention their raiding -.- the "Ready Check" function doesn't even work

corecraft ? lol they have been working for years and they dont realy come close to the quality of Kronos, not in server or website and especially not in when it comes to report changes...

i am trying to get all i know 1 by 1 to realize that Kronos will be the superior server and others will slowly bow to that fact over time anyways so its a waste not joining Kronos right away etc.

sadly on "ED" they blocked the links and sentences that contain "twinstar" or "kronos-wow"... they know that it is superior and fear the migration but we need other easy links to reffer to that arent blocked.

they have been working for years on Kronos as well, and you cannot compare different expansions' quality, besides the experience blizzard created

Also Kronos is using very similiar way of promotion as Corecraft(guess where they got it from), so i wouldn't bash those guys

And everything feenix created is still awful after those years, which is really sad

they have been working for years on Kronos as well, and you cannot compare different expansions' quality, besides the experience blizzard created

Also Kronos is using very similiar way of promotion as Corecraft(guess where they got it from), so i wouldn't bash those guys

And everything feenix created is still awful after those years, which is really sad

Yes, like Q-Gaming, ScriptCraft or any other project before didn't use social media to promote their server. Its definetly an idea that CoreCraft came up with. Wait? CoreCraft is pretty similar to ScriptCraft!. Conincidence? I think not.

CoreCraft didn't do shit and noone cared about it till a twitch streamer advertised it.
Look at Sodapoppin. He played on feenix for a brief time and all of a sudden server population increased by almost 50% again.
The average gamers is, sorry for beeing so harsh, really stupid and does not think for himself. They flock to everywhere a "famous" player tells them to go.

Yes, like Q-Gaming, ScriptCraft or any other project before didn't use social media to promote their server. Its definetly an idea that CoreCraft came up with. Wait? CoreCraft is pretty similar to ScriptCraft!. Conincidence? I think not.

CoreCraft didn't do shit and noone cared about it till a twitch streamer advertised it.
Look at Sodapoppin. He played on feenix for a brief time and all of a sudden server population increased by almost 50% again.
The average gamers is, sorry for beeing so harsh, really stupid and does not think for himself. They flock to everywhere a "famous" player tells them to go.
Correct me if I am wrong, but there are many similiarities between those two project, and I did not mean promoting through social media(besides youtube pre-relase showcases)

I still believe in CC and Kronos, even though they be populated by many of those "feenix players", in which case big playerbase might decrease the quality of community drastically

I'm hyped. I want to play. As a random gamer poking around at different WoW options, I stumbled across Kronos while browsing 1.12.1 youtube videos using the Most Recent filter. One of the Bug Fixes videos for Kronos popped up and it snagged my interest.

People playing on private WoW servers encounter one thing very often that really bugs them. Either really slow developmental work on the server from the staff, or a very low amount of communication to the player base, or a combo of both. The work that the staff is doing on the server and advertising that work got my attention, and it will for others.

Twitch streams can't be underrated. A year ago I was bored and watching a League of Legends stream while eating a meal and I browsed different games being streamed on the menu. I saw this really odd "Everquest - P1999" stream and I was confused as I had never heard of a Sony server with that name. By complete accident, I found the project and played for quite a long while.

But that will happen. Twitch has a huge following, and people get bored, and they'll do searches just like I did.

I agree with UltraSoat

The biggest recruitment tool we can use is Twitch and Youtube. Having active community members streaming and making videos will make people naturally join. especially on Twitch several people dont know about vanilla servers or how to join one, so if we can set up a easy to install client and make the server features very clear that will help massively in recruitment. I would urge the staff to continue to produce bug fix videos on their youtube channel. Perhaps with someone voice comentating and explaining the changes.

Basically we need to be more CLEAR, PRECISE and BETTER than all the rest in order to incentivise new people to join but also attract players from other servers to a less buggy server.

Top Bottom