• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Creature AI #2 and Changelog 17.08.2014 - 07.09.2014

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,
while we left you empty handed last sunday, we have another video and changelog for you today. This showcase is the second dealing with NPC AI and shows mostly how NPCs use their Crowd Control abilities and how they behave against players affected by crowd control effects.

[video=youtube;IyojQ31gafA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyojQ31gafA[/video]

Read More

The fact that an enemy NPC of one type responds to a crowd control effect that an NPC of another type puts on you is pretty scary.

Here's the big question. If an enemy mage NPC casts Polymorph on a target, will all the other enemy NPC's enaged in the fight shift targets?

Example - a player character party's tank gets Sheeped, and then all the other enemy NPC's focus on targets that are the new highest on their hate lists, ignoring the polymorphed tank?

That's the way it was on old retail, so curious if this has been replicated here.

Last edited:
Here's the big question. If an enemy mage NPC casts Polymorph on a target, will all the other enemy NPC's enaged in the fight shift targets?

Example - a player character party's tank gets Sheeped, and then all the other enemy NPC's focus on targets that are the new highest on their hate lists, ignoring the polymorphed tank?

That's the way it was on old retail, so curious if this has been replicated here.

Yes.

Incredible... keep up the good work TwinStar Team !

After spending time in the Emerald Dream, I'm in good position to know that it was really painful to see all mobs bugged, unable to move properly, spamming abusive abilities without the correct cooldown... In fact that was an issue for all 1.12.1 servers until now ?

THIS is quality and YOU are the only one promising the best in the middle. But let us not deny it, others Vanilla servers could be jealous and start reprisals since everyone want to keep its existing clients and Kronos's hype will continue to increase.

I'm actualy wondering, if these NPCs doesn't act better than on retail :biggrin:
But i don't know.

Stop with these vids, it's making the wait that much harder! :tongue:

But honestly, damn good job.

It is impossible to keep your eyes closed in front of this for any self-respecting Vanilla fan.

:winkiss:

WoW ! I am speechless! Just please prepare for ddos as best as you can , other vanilla server will be jealous :p new ppl will be joining this server like flyes on droppings. i will spread the word! all vanilla fans need to see this.
GJ and thanks for all your effort!

Top Bottom