• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Aiming for rank 14

Zzuk

Hello,
reading through all the content avaible about Kronos I convinced myself to make this server my new home.
With that being said I give the dream I had but couldnt reach on retail another chance: Reaching R14.

Here I will try to recruit people who will walk (or run :p) the road to R14 with me. With that being said I will try to explain myself a bit more:
The goal is to recruit a core team of 10 capable PvP'ers to form a good and viable setup.
Like every premade does I tend to stick to standing orders which results in less work for everyone.
The orders will be switched every week resulting in everyone having equal progress. There wont be person X who can call standing 1 his own for several weeks (unless its really needed eg. R13 to R14).

With that being said:
My timezone is UTC+01:00. I am currently going to university which means that I can prolly play anytime I want however I prefer playing over the day instead of missing sleep and playing in the night.

Core Setup:
For the moment its a one army aka only me. I tend to play a warrior like I always did however I will adjust to our setup if needed. Currently I favor Alliance however the decision isnt made yet.

A few words about about my previous history on emerald dream:
I did stuff like dodging which harmed the PvP community. Anything going in the direction of dodging / exploiting / unfair advantages will be a no go this time.

A short guide:
  1. Hitting level 60 as fast as possible
  2. Getting basic gear
  3. PvP 24/7
  4. ???
  5. Profit

A few words from Chero:
Since R14 takes a lot of time there are a few question which I atleast wanted to be answered. Maybe someone else is interested to:
http://www.privatepaste.com/868a39f0f0/Kronos-WoW

Contact and requirements:

• Enough time. Theres no sense in a premade where 5 persons can only join every fourth day.
  • Know how to play your class (and the mindset to optimise your gameplay as much as possible)
  • No clicker. It might sound stupid but its a fact that keyboardturners and clickers have big disadvantages in PvP. Dont try to tell me something else
  • Listen to commands. You dont need a micro. There is no sense in 10 people talking. Someone needs to coordinate the battle and the remaining team needs to keep the coordinator informed ("FC is low", "EFC spotted XX", "INC XX", "2 people incoming ramp" etc etc)

If you are interested you can contact me in Skype: cmwts9. Since Skype offers the possibility to create groups it is the best choice since we can keep in touch until release easily.

Last edited:
I wish you the best fun zzuk :) i will get R14 too, but i will go it smoothly until like R11 or R12 with AV, maybe we will play together. i will also enjoy leveling, i wont do it fast, i might miss some quests i never saw. coz its kronos ^^

You will not have 10v0 since the Qs used to work here. If a BG is not full the system tries to fill these spots at any time.
GL with your grind :)

You will not have 10v0 since the Qs used to work here. If a BG is not full the system tries to fill these spots at any time.
GL with your grind :)

A group of 10 aswell one random alliance player is queueing for WSG. 20 Horde are queueing for Warsong.
The group is getting a queue pop however everyone leaves the queue instead of joining. The one alliance player is the next in position and will join the game ending up in a battle of 1v10.

Now the group is signing up again and cant join the previous game since it would be 11vs10 otherwise. In conclusion they get a new game.

You cant prevent this. The only fix is a very big population.

Well 1v10 is like the worst case scenario. You usually have a few solo Qers or small groups to fill the spots.
On feenix you could have 20 solo Qers ready to join in. It just wouldn't pop. Thats what I was refering to.

Well 1v10 is like the worst case scenario. You usually have a few solo Qers or small groups to fill the spots.
On feenix you could have 20 solo Qers ready to join in. It just wouldn't pop. Thats what I was refering to.

Ok, thats also true. However premades constantly avoiding each other for better honor will end up in random players always facing PvP groups which will result in an angry PvP community.

Just imagine constantly getting stomped in 5 minutes as a random player. It kills the motivation in a day and most people wont even try to win or even stop queueing completely since there is no possibility. There have to be a way to avoid this.

Last edited:
There have to be a way to avoid this.

Multiqueue from Feenix is disabled thats why. But normaly a server should have Multiqueue on without touching it.

Dose who get annoyed in warsong queue AB or AV :)

How can we talk about such eye-shining thing like multiqueue when we experience most of our time on feenix where Multiqueue is disabled on Warsong and ED.

Edit: I must say that i really cant wait to experience that way of playing Battlegrounds, with Multiqueue and all Battlegrounds running.

Last edited:
Make it give a deserter debuff.

Prolly a good idea to start with but also not perfect:
What about players that decide to not join solo queue so they can requeue with friends?

Tbh there is no easy solution but all in all a deserter debuff is stil the best since the positive effects outweights the negatives.

In general only a big PvP community will really help here. Low PvP population will always make it possible to predict your enemy and ending up in a game with the same opponents.

How can we talk about such eye-shining thing like multiqueue when we experience most of our time on feenix where Multiqueue is disabled on Warsong and ED.

Well on that point I am with Feenix. Multiqueue doesnt work out with a tiny population.
People queueing up AB aswell WSG. 10 people join WSG. AB pops, 5 people leave WSG for AB. WSG is ending up with 5 people and no refill since the whole PvP population is in a BG.

All those problems are fixed with a big population since there are always enough players to refill empty BG's.
With a tiny population I would take directions going away from the term blizzlike.

Last edited:
This could be like the stupidest thing I have ever said on the internet..

Can we all put our E-peens away and try to play honestly for the sake of the server?

First of all, hes free to try his bot vs Kronos anti cheat.
And since he OPENLY posts a video of him using his bot on this forum, don't you think he wants to cooperate with this staff? nvm

I thought about the problem too and I really like that you understand how premading kills regular PvP on a server and causes nothing but frustration to the majority of the PvP community.
You get, lets say, 1 group per side ruining the fun for almost all the rest (yeah blah blah form own premade, I know the discussion about this. Lets stay realistic. The average player just wants to login for some games, and testrun his new gearz).

Sorry, but I have no practical idea to prevent dodging so far... All ideas were still somehow exploitable.

EDIT: haha ffs :)

Last edited:
cooperate with tits staff?
:D

One thing that comes to my mind is disabling joining in parties. If this really becomes a problem.

Or, another solution, disable searching for /who z-"warsong gulch" etc. Such search would find zero players, no matter how many are in wsg and then the dodgers won't know if the opposition got in bg or not. Same goes for friendlist, if it shows the players' location in vanilla(can't remember) and the guild window. Instead of bg, they would show you in your last location before joining bg.
This is how it works on WotLK(twinstar) to prevent arena dodging.

All ideas were still somehow exploitable.

Disable group Q -> can't sign in with friends anymore

Disable /who or friendslist -> Players stand with lvl 1 alt infront of BG Masters and just watch when they join

Disable group Q -> can't sign in with friends anymore
yeah, that's the tradeoff
and it also depends on how many friend you got. When three people solo queue, for example, it shouldn't be a problem to quickly find out if the bg popped for all of you and only join if it did.
when dodging is only a problem in low pop scenarios, this is even better, because the lower the population, the easier it is to solo queue with friends and get the same bg.

Players stand with lvl 1 alt infront of BG Masters and just watch when they join

If group queue is not disabled, your party could be anywhere in the world and only have one person joining the battleground, right? I'm sure that person can find a way to outrun that lvl1 alt and wait somewhere else in IF/OG.
Or, when that alt isn't level 1 and has a mount and everything, make the rogue/druid join you, he'll just stealth and move over a few yards.
(unless I'm not rememering the queue joining part correctly)

Also, you can change up on the cities you join from. For example, while doing arenas, I've always joined queues from Darnassus. Not to avoid dodgers, I've never played on that level, but I just liked that city's scenery a lot more than other alliance cities. That would force the dodgers to get three alts :D Make them work for it:)

Last edited:
You forget that the player who is beeing supervised by the alt has no intention to run away since he is not the one who wants to dodge.

well, if both sides want to dodge, this solution really won't help. And I can't imagine a solution that would, except for that group queue disable. And even that wouldn't be a 100% solution, as I've seen addons that can manage solo-queueing with a big group of people for you, so you end up in the same bg anyway.

On the other hand, if one side wants to dodge and the other side doesn't want to get dodged, that other side would start hiding pretty quickly.

i think the best evidence will be by waiting for kronos to launch, level up and actually experience the Battlegrounds and Premades so that THEN we can talk about it. Since Kronos seems not to be like every other server, we cant talk about things that might happen on Kronos, so lets wait and see, please.

Just leave the bg queue and stuff all blizzlike and when things become imbalance/unfair then the admins should handle it.

i think the best evidence will be by waiting for kronos to launch, level up and actually experience the Battlegrounds and Premades so that THEN we can talk about it. Since Kronos seems not to be like every other server, we cant talk about things that might happen on Kronos, so lets wait and see, please.

Just leave the bg queue and stuff all blizzlike and when things become imbalance/unfair then the admins should handle it.

Perhaps I'm a cynic. But there are those who will abuse and exploit to get what they want. Best to plan for these things ahead of time.

Top Bottom