• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Engineering Fixes and Changelog 07.09.2014 - 21.09.2014

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Dear Players,

this time we present you with the first Showcase on Engineering. You will be able to witness various Engineering items in use including working backfire effects. We hope that especially the PvP enthusiasts among you will be very excited about these fixes. Be sure to spread the word if you like what you see and visit our Experience Rates Poll if you haven't cast your vote yet.

[video=youtube;foF27iY9le0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foF27iY9le0[/video]

Read More

GJ fixing engineering :thumbup1:

I can barely wait for Kronos to launch but i will be patient since quality requires time :biggrin:

Gnomish boots are nice, but I'm still missing a Goblin Rocket Boots fix :wink:

Awesome ! This time I will not have to choose between all bugged professions but only take the one that I like since everything seems to work smoothly.

Goblin Rocket boots work on almost all servers. No point in showing that imo.

Awesome :) I hope not everybody will choice engineering as profession now :biggrin:

Really impressive work guys :). Finally some more workin gadgets.

Last edited:
The professions aren't listed under the progress.
Chero don't take the progress bar to serious ;)

once in awhile you will notice the bar taking a jump, and you will notice many are still at 98-99% since there might still appear a couple bugs so rather be safe and keep testing everything rather than say it is done :wink:

Beeing 100% done is just unrealistic if you ask me. There will always be some ??? left.
Some mechanics that are considered fixed might turn out to be not implemented the way they were in retail 1.12.1.

Yup, 100% would mean that the project is perfect but we will always see few imperfections whatever the private server. Btw is Kronos going to be launch at 100% or before ?

Yup, 100% would mean that the project is perfect but we will always see few imperfections whatever the private server. Btw is Kronos going to be launch at 100% or before ?
AS you yourself said, you cannot make sure that everything is 100% fixed so the server will be launched before since it will never get past 99% since there is always a chance for a new bug to be found or occur but they will be fixed when found. they can never say it is 100% since that would be lying but they can say its working as intended until something new is found which will be fixed by then :wink:

To clarify it once more: Fall lasts until December 21st, which is basically "late 2014", so these 2 Terms are not exactly different.

Now, what we can say so far is, we probably can't launch before the "end" of 2014, there is still enough things we want to take care of and it will keep us busy for another couple of months !
When we get closer to the "end" of 2014 we will be able to give you a new estimation.
This new estimation will either tell a specific release date (in case we are close to finish of the development plan) OR we have to postpone the release to 2015 (if there is still too much to do when 2014 ends).

So far we cannot predict what the case will be, announcing a specific release date is not possible at the moment, unless we decide to just release the server early, no matter how far the development is.

Last edited:
Suggestion: What about fixing certain stuff before launch and fix other stuff while playing?

Suggestion: What about fixing certain stuff before launch and fix other stuff while playing?
They will, but what needs to be fixed simply needs to be and then it also takes time to test and find everything making sure there's no hack or cheat or exploit available in order to deliver the best quality.

stuff like AQ or Naxx will ofc not be completely done at release since it will take long time before they are opened due to player progress but they cant just release and hope for the best like Feenix where the first year players took advantage of the various gold exploits, theres even an exploit to boost from 25-43 without fighting with plenty of loot on feenix...

if you want to speed it up i would suggest applying as a Tester to help testing stuff or if you are good at the program/script's that are used then perhaps apply to the team :wink:

Reactions: Zed
Top Bottom