• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Engineering Fixes and Changelog 07.09.2014 - 21.09.2014

To clarify it once more: Fall lasts until December 21st, which is basically "late 2014", so these 2 Terms are not exactly different.

Now, what we can say so far is, we probably can't launch before the "end" of 2014, there is still enough things we want to take care of and it will keep us busy for another couple of months !
When we get closer to the "end" of 2014 we will be able to give you a new estimation.
This new estimation will either tell a specific release date (in case we are close to finish of the development plan) OR we have to postpone the release to 2015 (if there is still too much to do when 2014 ends).

So far we cannot predict what the case will be, announcing a specific release date is not possible at the moment, unless we decide to just release the server early, no matter how far the development is.

As much as I want Kronos to launch right this second, I'm willing to wait for however long it takes. The more polished this server is at launch, the more impact it will have in pulling people from other servers to play here. Would be so amazing to have 5k+ online.

Would be so amazing to have 5k+ online.

Yep. 24/7 Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley. All BGs up and never die again :D lol
Like every zone has people leveling. PvP in Cities lol. Everywhere Action.

I also hope that we will have thousands of players but it is clearly optimistic for a beginning, at least hundreds on both sides would be very nice at launch.

Would be so amazing to have 5k+ online.
Oh. Yeah. This is my dream. Great dream. Kronos deserve it. :shifty:
But as for me, I will be glad if stable population will be anything over ~350. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Why you did not show Freezing Trap reflect? Thats one of the most funny things you can do with engineering.
http://youtu.be/Yn1405fuklI?t=8m26s

Reflect from Mage Talents would be something cause thats not working everywhere :)

~350 would be an insult if you ask me. Anything above 1k is definetly realistic at launch.
And after you have a thousand people playing here its more or less cake there on.

Last edited:
Not that much an insult, even Feenix managing few Vanilla servers couldn't bring more than 1K at ED launch while they were already famous in the middle.

ED is not irreproachable and by far but I think Kronos will need some time after launch in order to gather enough players. This could be faster if quality is here, word of mouth will do the rest.

just keep saying that atleast 2000 people will be online at launch. just do it, use propaganda for the positive :D

then everyone will believe this once enough people talk about many people beeing online at launch.

and because of that more and more people will come.

i hate how people use propagandas for negative things, lets use it for positive things. Since i didnt read anything negative about Kronos, i like to support it.

Why "lie" about anything? One of the best things about kronos and its staff is honesty. You can't say how many players this server will have in the end.

Their "propaganda" already is positive so I don't see any reason why they should spread artificial numbers.

Great work, Kronos Team. These latest videos are fantastic, building the hype.

While I do hope Kronos has the opportunity of being released at an exceedingly high-polished state, my fears lie with the upcoming releases that might hinder the population and split the audience which might have easily been monopolized by Kronos.

1. WoD Retail Release - November. The private server community has been rather dry lately with releases. Content release delays on RB & ED, no new promising projects other than Kronos and CC. This might push audiences to go back to retail WoW.
  2. CC Release - Having a new high-quality TBC server released and assuming it's stable enough before Kronos is out, might sway folk like myself into investing kopius amounts of time/money into that project instead.
  3. ED resurfacing - One of the more successful vanilla (1x) servers, popularity-wise anyway, where many stay reluctantly due to the lack of other options (RB population/content release/stability), might actually be reignited if Feenix delivers on War Effort/AQ and the move to a independent server rack/increased server cap. Albeit, with the cost of a P2W donation system. Personally, I've grown weary of 2 years of Molten Core and Blackwing Lair over several vanilla projects at 1X rate, perhaps AQ might sway that decision to start over at Kronos.
Do you guys have a release strategy to counter these problems in order to attain the popularity required at release and the path beyond? Regardless of my concerns above, I know I'll try Kronos, however population factors in a lot in the decision of where I choose to indulge my leisure time into. Thus the rather critical angle.

Cheers for reading.

Last edited:
somehow i hope that Kronos is pushed to release Early 2015 so it wont have advertisements overshadowed by the WoD hype but hits a few months after WoD starts to loosen its release grip.

I wouldn't fear ED resurfacing considering:
A: countless years of gold/xp exploits as to where many of those still exist
B: raid/dungeon bugs allowed you to clear content faster and easier
C: herb/ore spawns have a bug in spawning making them predictable and reducing rarity of flasks and other raid materials.
D: even if they deliver AQ people know that it might take 2-4 years before they see the shadow of naxxramas or it will be rushed like they did to MC which results in it being a lot easier than it is supposed to due to countless bugs.
E: people are more than simply tired of the unstable server that is shut down randomly 1-8 times a day due to ddos and bad server... not to mention the cap is at 2000....
F: they are introducing donation for raid gear... all the way up to T2...

in short: unless they do a complete wipe-out, to fix the balance issues that countless exploits and bugs have caused over the extended time, improve the server and do a ton of work i just can't see how they can revive... ED is dying and you cannot bring back something once people start realizing it, so it is too late for them.

note: i still hope to see it released in late 2014 but as said WoD hype might overshadow the release hype + the longer we wait the better it gets :D

WoD: It will leave alot players heartbroken. Besides, someone who wants to try out WoD will do that anyways. Even if they only stay a few weeks/months this will still overlap Kronos release.

CC: Its a different audience. TBC interested players will play it anyways and not wait for or stay on a 1.12.1 server.

ED: The only thing that might happen is that ED players won't realise what they are missing out on or that they refuse to reroll because they don't want to lose their already aquired gear. Feenix can't save their realms anymore. Abusing and exploiting already went to far and their playerbase starts to realize. Making donor gear available is their last attempt to make alot of dough with their broken servers.

My number one concern is the stupidity of the vanilla community :tongue:
I've seen it so many times...
Once a player settled on a realm it takes a DAMN lot to make him switch.
Not talking about ED community cause as it seems they've had enought. Its all the other servers arround I am talking about. Like Rebirth for example.

WoD Retail Release - November. The private server community has been rather dry lately with releases. Content release delays on RB & ED, no new promising projects other than Kronos and CC. This might push audiences to go back to retail WoW.

I'm not sure that a lot of Vanilla players are also playing on Retail since this second one require money, better computer, expansions and interest toward MoP/WoD.

CC Release - Having a new high-quality TBC server released and assuming it's stable enough before Kronos is out, might sway folk like myself into investing kopius amounts of time/money into that project instead.

In fact CC Team is new in the middle, this server is going to be their first one and they don't have any tangible proof of quality except through videos and writing while TS Team managing Kronos is more reliable and concrete thanks to their other projects. Moreover they don't have a lot of money, I have read that they will only endure DDOS (assuming they'll be attack at launch) and they don't have a decent defense against that so I'm a bit worried in terms of stability.

I'm also wondering how many Vanilla players are truely interested in TBC ?

ED resurfacing - One of the more successful vanilla (1x) servers, popularity-wise anyway, where many stay reluctantly due to the lack of other options (RB population/content release/stability), might actually be reignited if Feenix delivers on War Effort/AQ and the move to a independent server rack/increased server cap. Albeit, with the cost of a P2W donation system. Personally, I've grown weary of 2 years of Molten Core and Blackwing Lair over several vanilla projects at 1X rate, perhaps AQ might sway that decision to start over at Kronos.

I don't believe in Feenix anymore. This would be strategically smart to open AQ once Kronos will be launched but they will never be able to offer a great Vanilla experience on the basis of the numerous bugs persisting for years on their servers.

Feenix has one real advantage wich is its high population and fame but I assume this population is not blind and able to see the huge potential of Kronos.

Last edited:
I noticed that the guards at 6:20 were hitting the full plate wearing Warrior for quite a bit above what I think they should hit for.

i also think it is to high. at some rogue videos, i saw guards hitting for 70 dmg .

Feenix population was blind for 4 years.
There were always better servers arround.

As for the mobs in the video...
Rewatched some PvP clips and it seems that the damage is infact too high. Going to make a report for it :)
Good find.

Thanks for the responses folks.

There might be a general underestimation here of how many people (from different versions of the game) are waiting for CC. I personally prefer Classic to TBC, however I've been waiting for CC for over a year now. I know of numerous players, even guilds, waiting for CC over at ED/RB. I believe it has more to do with quality and popularity, than the 1.12.1 vs 2.4.3 discussion. As both versions of the game are enjoyable to many. Success of CC will most likely as mentioned above be dependent on their stability now.

ED is not as bad as you guys make it seem actually. Nobody I know at raiding level quit ED because of the quality of the scripts, they are not immersion breaking bugs, except for maybe Hakkar. They do quit in herds due to lack of content and general negative attitude of the Feenix team.

That being said, I certainly look forward to Kronos releasing. My point earlier was basically pushing for the earlier release of Kronos than Q1 2015, which is when I reckon CC/ED's AQ patch will be releasing at.

Last edited:
Well ED is indeed not bad but clearly unstable.

I had few 60 on this server and, to be honest, I met numerous issues starting with the pathfinding doomed to failure. That was really painful doing quests inside caverns and underwater because mobs were most of the time escaping through wall or even resetting without any reason.

Recently, escaping mobs were not even bringing adds of the same family because of another bug causing a total absence of reaction... Another problem are patrols sometimes walking under the map. Gathering jobs are bugged too since spawns always have the same location so you can easily gather what you want with Gatherer AddOn precisely showing exact spots and not appoximate ones.

Recently again, ED has been severely attacked with DDOS and that was hard to play smoothly or even logging into the game. I remember a lot of high level players also complaining about the PvP Ranking System not working and everyone had his honor of the week deleted and they were forced to claim a compensation since devs were not reacting and didn't want to restore anything until a certain number of complaints.

No, seriously ED has some serious issues whether for its scripts, stability or devs team...

Last edited:
No Showcase for this sunday? :crying:
patience my fellow impatient user, remember that time = quality.

It is like waiting on a truck filled with bacon, the more you wait the more bacon they are able to load it with before it is sent and perhaps even a cake :wink:.

Top Bottom