• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Why Kronos is better than CoreCraft

Captem

I don't think anyone doubts that Corecraft will be a great server with awesome scripting and content. The only problem is, that World of Warcraft did not start in Outland. The players who entered the Dark Portal in 2007 went in with months old, hardened characters, ready to start a new adventure. These characters had been through all kinds of trials and tribulations on their journey to 60. They had history.

The now confirmed instant-58 system will, in my opinion, severely damage the whole experience and general atmosphere that came with the old gradual levelling progression. With the whole of Azeroth being skipped, there will be hundreds of random newborn 60's running around, constantly popping out of the ethers. How can that possibly be any fun? The sense of achievement is greatly reduced.

Kronos on the other hand, will allow players to start from humble beginnings and fight their way to glory in true blizzlike 1x level progression - the way it was done so many years ago. That's why Kronos is the better choice IMO. For hardcore BC fans though, I'm sure CC will satisfy their needs. Anyway, that's my two cents.

-- Discuss --

I won't say that any of the projects is better then the other. That would just be unfair. They take a different approach, but mainly got the same goal.
The only problem I see with ignoring the vanilla content entirely is that this means it will stay exploitable. Trust me, it will.

CoreCraft and Kronos can't be compared anyways. One is TBC and the other is Vanilla, but both strive for quality.

So, both good :wink:

The only thing what makes Corecraft hell lot of better is the reputation and the number of players. Additionally, I think it will be launched much earlier.

But I think both projects are equal, Kronos will give us a much better Blizzlike feeling.

I think CoreCraft will be great. But for me Vanilla > TBC, by far. Thus I have zero interest in CC. But if I did, that instant 58 would be a pretty big turn-off.

there will be hundreds of random newborn 60's running around, constantly popping out of the ethers. How can that possibly be any fun? The sense of achievement is greatly reduced.
how is this a bad thing?... wow you sound like one of those people that only plays to level and once they get max level they quit

Last edited:
how is this a bad thing?... wow you sound like one of those people that only plays to level and once they get max level they quit

I think you misunderstood, I enjoy the end game content a lot. But to me, having a server filled with all kinds of levels everywhere populating all the zones, creates an awesome atmosphere of a living, breathing world. You have noobs, intermediate players and all sorts of people everywhere doing their thing. When everyone starts at a high level it breaks the immersion for me, that's all.

Corecraft has promised to bring back all of the amazing content TBC had to offer. And all of them pre nerf.

I dont think people really remember how difficult so many of the TBC raids were. Pre nerf Karazhan was brutal. Pre nerf Grull, dat shatter 1 shot half the raid rip. Pre nerf vashj/kael ( i honestly never saw those pre nerf)

and then the big monster that is sunwell, pre nerf brutallus, pre nerf muru, holy fuck.

Corecraft, So long as they dont nerf the content( as they have promised not too) will be an excellent, competitive server, with a very large population.

I love vanilla, but fuck do i miss arenas. Anyways, like others have said, corecraft = tbc kronos = vanilla, Plenty of time for both!

Captem said:
The now confirmed instant-58 system will, in my opinion, severely damage the whole experience and general atmosphere that came with the old gradual levelling progression.

Will it really though? I mean, they're specifically focusing on TBC content making it supposedly as great as possible, from my perspective the instant 58 doesn't take away anything from my overall experience because it's a TBC server so I want to experience TBC.

Also if I recall correctly one of the biggest reasons they have the instant 58 quest line is because it would take a lot longer to get the server released if they fixed all of the content.

Will it really though? I mean, they're specifically focusing on TBC content making it supposedly as great as possible, from my perspective the instant 58 doesn't take away anything from my overall experience because it's a TBC server so I want to experience TBC.

Also if I recall correctly one of the biggest reasons they have the instant 58 quest line is because it would take a lot longer to get the server released if they fixed all of the content.

I understand that. As I said, for the people that are really into all the BC stuff, Corecraft will be a great experience for them. Although it should be noted that the "new" BC starting zones will also be skipped with their current system. I don't know how people feel about that.

As to your second point, agreed, it would take longer, and many people eager to jump into Outland would probably not be happy with a level 1-70 1x system. However, the instant-58 thread on the CC forum is pretty big, so I'm guessing their decision has been a little controversial.

Flying mounts allow people to avoid content and pvp. We're better off without flying mounts, even Blizzard regrets putting flying mounts into the game.

In this World.... of Warcraft, anything that starts with "instant" and regards leveling is BAD.
Besides, Vanilla > TBC.

I have joined retail in TBC and i can tell you that i've met about 3-5 players through whole leveling 1-60. All fun in TBC is happening in OL and so i think, that CC maed right decision to allow players to start right there. Furthermore, if they try to fix Vanilla content aswell, it will take them another 2 years.

How can anyone tell? Neither of them are out. Both promises quality, whichever delivers it better wins.

As for instant-58. There's no point doing 1-58 content on a TBC-centric server, it will hurt the economy if they don't police it vigorously.

Personally, I think it will come down to stability. Corecraft has more demand, however their lack of previous infrastructure brings into question if they can cope with the demand, and ofc the heavy DDoS they will surely face.

I remember those Times when TBC got life on Retail.The first 3 or 4 days after Release it was kinda impossible to play at Hellfire Peninsula.Cause of the massive Amount of Players in the same Area you always had a huge Laglike Delay,not to mention the Fight for the Questmobs.We decided to skip this Area by doing Citadel instances some times and then switch to Zangar.Even the Way to the Citadel Instances took us more then 20 min of horrible Lagging.
Of Course such a massive Invasion of the Outland left the Old Azeroth almost empty.Only Draenei and Bloodelf starting Locations were alive but sadly the same Problem like Hellfire Peninsula(for some Days).
Just a few Months later you could count out the whole Players in Azeroth on 2 Hands.
In this Case the instant 58 solution makes Sense cause TBC is Outland and almost everything happens there.No Need to stretch out the Leveling 1-60 if you want to attract PPL for the 60-70.They have to fight hard enough at the announced "unnerfed" Encounters :)

[h=2]Why Kronos is better than CoreCraft[/h]

it's actually a vanilla project? :wink:

Why Kronos is better than CoreCraft

it's actually a vanilla project? :wink:

I think that sums it up pretty good.
If Kronos wouldn't exists I would prefer CC (even though its TBC) over the existing vanilla servers.
Since I enjoy vanilla wow alot more its not really a decision anymore then a matter of preference.

They are both private servers supposed to be launched this Q4 but I doubt we can really compare them.

2.4.3 version of WoW is easier to work so it is not the same difficulty nor the same universe since Kalimdor and Eastearn Kingdom are going to work smoothly on Kronos while CoreCraft is only working on the Outland and keeping the Vanilla content in its pure Mangos version...

Well for starters, Corecraft is worse because it's not going to happen, ever. At least with Kronos there might be a hope yet.

The now confirmed instant-58 system will, in my opinion, severely damage the whole experience and general atmosphere that came with the old gradual levelling progression. With the whole of Azeroth being skipped, there will be hundreds of random newborn 60's running around, constantly popping out of the ethers. How can that possibly be any fun? The sense of achievement is greatly reduced.
-- Discuss --

I completely agree.
I've watched corecraft for some time and it seems they have some great developers, but to make that instant 58 questline sort of defeats the object.
Though i dont doubt it will stop many players from playing there anyway to experience the 2.4.3 content.

Kronos so far is the most promising upcoming Vanilla server i've seen for a long long time. Very much looking forward to playing here.

This is a mighty fine way to start a shit storm OP.

Though to counter your argument, no, Kronos is not better than CC nor is CC better than Kronos. You fail to understand couple of things here. First one being that Kronos is a Classic server whilst CC is TBC. Shiro (The guy who owns CC) did say that he does not plan to fix the pre-TBC content any time soon since he wants to focus all his attention to TBC, and he's doing that right now. The main reason 30.000 people are currently registered to CC is because they want to experience TBC, I am sorry but it would be tedious to play through the Classic content till 58. In the same regard Kronos is focusing on scripting everything, which is currently just one place, aka Azeroth.

Both servers to provide highest quality scripts to everything, the minor bugs are being fixed left and right on both Kronos and CC. So please OP, do not start threads like these that will just bring more argument here. You chose Kronos and thats good, no need to state your, and do correct me if I'm wrong, passive aggressiveness towards CC.

Though to counter your argument, no, Kronos is not better than CC nor is CC better than Kronos. You fail to understand couple of things here. First one being that Kronos is a Classic server whilst CC is TBC. Shiro (The guy who owns CC) did say that he does not plan to fix the pre-TBC content any time soon since he wants to focus all his attention to TBC, and he's doing that right now. The main reason 30.000 people are currently registered to CC is because they want to experience TBC, I am sorry but it would be tedious to play through the Classic content till 58. In the same regard Kronos is focusing on scripting everything, which is currently just one place, aka Azeroth.

Both servers to provide highest quality scripts to everything, the minor bugs are being fixed left and right on both Kronos and CC. So please OP, do not start threads like these that will just bring more argument here. You chose Kronos and thats good, no need to state your, and do correct me if I'm wrong, passive aggressiveness towards CC.

While I agree the thread title could use some work, there are plenty of players who rate TBC and Vanilla content equally and find them both enjoyable. It becomes a matter of accessibility, over the content itself in that scenario.

I already mentioned it before, Kronos is not better nor worse than CC, simply because neither are out to be judged, neither are ready for criticism and comparison.

First of all, there is no "shit storm" as far as I can see. You're the first one to mention it. All I see is a civil and fun discussion. Secondly, I agree that comparing CC and Kronos might be like comparing apples and oranges, they are not the same, on the surface. However, I feel like some things can be compared, like the general atmosphere, sense of achievement, progression, etc. That's just my opinion.

So please OP, do not start threads like these that will just bring more argument here. You chose Kronos and thats good, no need to state your, and do correct me if I'm wrong, passive aggressiveness towards CC.

Sorry brother, but that's what forums are for. To me, controversial and provocative topics (which I don't really think this is) are fun to debate and discuss. I have nothing but admiration for people who try to recreate old WoW, but I also think expressing opinions about their specific projects should be allowed. All we want is a great experience, there is no hostility or aggressiveness involved.

Top Bottom