• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Orc vs Undead

Omni

Was wondering which race would be better for PvP. In terms of PvE they are pretty much equal, imo.

Orcs

- 25% OP stun resist. RIP rogues / wars / HoJs
- 5% pet damage increase

UD

- OP WotF
- Cannibalize synergy w/ life tap + corpse humiliation
- 10 shadow resist (negligible?)

Now, everyone and their mother seems to roll UD, especially in the caster department. I see why for priests and mages, but is UD really that much better than Orc for warlocks? That feel when you resist a cheap shot is so good.

Also considered Gnome vs Human if I were to roll alliance, but let's be honest, 5% increased INT < being tall

be pro, play orc :D but be honest, nothing is more powerfull for all classes than WoF. (except warriors) being unfearable gives you superior advantage.

Always choosing undead as warrior, cause i don't like advantage in game that not depends of ur skill. Actually it's really fit orcs like "Ooo uuu, i don't want to think how to win, i just want to charge and hit everything to death, 1 more button (read as WotF) too hard for me, so i'll choose easy advantage which don't need any skill."
But main thing is, i'd like undeads more. =)

Last edited:
:D :D

From the PvP point of view it is better to be little gnome than a tall human. :)

For me animation of male human mages rocks more than a gnome. gnomes doesnt look serious to me.

just saying:

[video=youtube;Y2hUlTGkVsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2hUlTGkVsY[/video]

I understand your dilemma.
You're either a clone, or a buffed dude in a thin dress.

I'd go for Undead though.

As warlock, stuns are your number one problem. Go orc.
Besides, high geared orc locks looks really nice.

I played an orc lock for a long time, they sure look fat in a dress. Seeing a warlock that is not an undead was very rare so I enjoyed being unique.

The extra shadow resistance could be interesting for tanking twin emperor's but I easily had enough resistance from my gear. I didn't really miss cannabalize, I think it's faster to use life tap until 50% mana and 50% hp and then fill it up with food and water since you can eat and drink at the same time.

Orc > Undead in PvP. 25% stun resist is massive. Nothing is better than resisting charge and intercept and then /loling at the warr, or resisting a CS from a rogue. It's actually broken how OP it is. WotF is really OP too, but I'd say it's a lot less valuable to casters than melee. Felhunter can dispel Fear off you too, just make sure you're not one of those noobs that leaves Devour Magic on autocast.

5% pet damage is a great bonus too, and way better than Cannibalize, which is very situational if you even have time to spend 7 seconds eating a corpse for an abysmal 35% health restoration. +10 Shadow Resist is negligible for PvP, a skilled spriest will still melt you unless you're running SL w/ MD Felhunter.

ofc Undead are cooler looking and have better animations & audio emotes but cosmetics don't win duels or bgs.

Orc > Undead in PvP. 25% stun resist is massive. Nothing is better than resisting charge and intercept and then /loling at the warr, or resisting a CS from a rogue. It's actually broken how OP it is. WotF is really OP too, but I'd say it's a lot less valuable to casters than melee. Felhunter can dispel Fear off you too, just make sure you're not one of those noobs that leaves Devour Magic on autocast.

5% pet damage is a great bonus too, and way better than Cannibalize, which is very situational if you even have time to spend 7 seconds eating a corpse for an abysmal 35% health restoration. +10 Shadow Resist is negligible for PvP, a skilled spriest will still melt you unless you're running SL w/ MD Felhunter.

ofc Undead are cooler looking and have better animations & audio emotes but cosmetics don't win duels or bgs.

Ok /thread
:laugh:

Cannibalize really is not that worthless, it saves ass if you killed enemy and still have dots on you with low hp, since you cant use first aid badges because they interrupt on damage trigger. annd WoF ftw.

Cannibalize really is not that worthless, it saves ass if you killed enemy and still have dots on you with low hp, since you cant use first aid badges because they interrupt on damage trigger. annd WoF ftw.

It's intended to break on any damage, it even says so in the tooltip. If it doesn't, that's a bug. You have Shadow Ward to absorb dots too.

Cannibalize also breaks on dmg, just like bandage.
If Im not mistakin last vanilla server ''x'' i played it didnt broke on dmg, since i never played on retail i didnt knew this one correct. Anyway it was saving so many lives vs wlocks lol

It breaks on damage but, it is good in the fact it can be used in combat. Kill one, fear the next person dot them and bandage, when the come back, long fear, eat the dead guy, should be almost full hp again.

orc racials are better for locks definetly. Its up to you if you want to shit on melees hard, or look good

Well this is an RPG, not a fashion game - you should want to maximize your character. Orc stun resist and pet racial are better than the undead racials.

Likewise humans basically only have Perception and the spirit racial. Gnomes have escape artist, 5% more int and the ability to hide in bushes :laugh: Gnome wins.

Top Bottom