• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The Final Touches

Gnomeregans entrance is definitely used often. If you dont use them, thats your problem. Just because all instances aren't designed like SM (having obvious partitioning) doesnt mean they should be run from start to finnish in one single attempt. Maraudon for example is an instance where scepter was used often and people often made runs for either scepter, orange or purple.

When it comes down to it, In my personal opinion I believe Kronos should be launched within the month, or sometime early-mid February. Why? Simply because at this moment and time you have people posting often, asking for updates, videos etc. The community is striving and has gained some numbers over the past few months. Now, if you were to release it in Jan-Feb you'd have this community and only room to improve. Yes it may not be as polished as you want it to be and trust me that sucks, but it seems like spell problems aside, the bugs are all very minor, making them fixes that could totally be done when the project is launched, and done well considering you won't have 7 pages of people asking for a release date and complaining about an update they asked for.

Now, if you move into March, April and May release dates, I'm not one to say you'd lose some of the fan base/community, the dedicated will totally stay. But those feeding off of hype will drift off and go play who knows what. I'm not saying it'll happen, but it is a possibility.

Anything past then will really be like pulling on a rubber band, might seem okay but the moment it snaps it is just upsetting. Releasing it in say early summer might actually be a good idea considering it's summer, but that is just a very, very long time away, and a dangerous way to go.

Either way I'm stoked for Kronos and vanilla raiding and all of that good stuff. This is a very long comment but I just wanted to get my opinion out there instead of just ranting or complaining like some people.

They know that release day should be properly picked.
Chero , Esso, Zarquon and others must have lot of free time during release to fix the unpredicted problems that might appear. It has no point in setting a date and no Twinstar stuff members have enough time/energy to fulfill the task.
Good things come to those who wait. I have a feeling that it will release sometime before 31 march.

Honestly, I feel like the hype is already beginning to go downhill a bit now that we're beyond the initial deadline without any clues as to when the server could launch.
Also March will be a big month for video games, which could draw the attention away from Kronos for a while - especially if it's not already online by then.

Honestly, I feel like the hype is already beginning to go downhill a bit now that we're beyond the initial deadline without any clues as to when the server could launch.
Also March will be a big month for video games, which could draw the attention away from Kronos for a while - especially if it's not already online by then.

That's true. Hype is already fading, just check the Facebook trend on the kronos page (and it's the same on Nos). They really need to release it in a few weeks, or the hype train will leave town.

@Tugel
@Szabinger
From all the negativity in the posts of both of you (course of a week) there is no reason to take anything you say serious anymore.
Take a chill pill.

@Tugel
@Szabinger
From all the negativity in the posts of both of you (course of a week) there is no reason to take anything you say serious anymore.
Take a chill pill.

I'm absolutely chill : ) My post were objective observations. Respecting and not misleading an audience and riding the hype train on the right time are important. At least i think so. So in light of that, I don't think my posts were overly negative. : )

The rate of new facebook likes is no indicator of the hype level. If there is a new video or something it will kick up again.
No need to jump to conclusions. Every day new people learn about Kronos so the player base grows every day.

To be honest I feel like the following has increased a lot judging from forum activity so I'm not worried.
For you Szabringer it is very hard to notice this because you are only a member here for 2 weeks. I think my observations might be more accurate even though I'm a recent member myself.

Last edited:
No release date.

No problem. :cool2:

Keep on keepin' on. I've been reading the teachings of Buddha. I've almost got this patience thing mastered.

This update is awesome we will see more on the progress bar :D! Thank you for the update Kronos!

Last edited:
@Tugel
@Szabinger
Take a chill pill.

It's called skepticism and it's a healthy attitude to have.

Its called ignorance and lack of background knowledge. You have no further insight into this project, but act like you do. Not very charismatic.

I would like to hear your vanilla private server experience to see what makes you able to judge the situation here.

I would like to hear your vanilla private server experience to see what makes you able to judge the situation here.

I don't have much. I already elaborated on it in another thread. I started playing WoW from the EU release, and I still do. So once I join a private server I discover screaming bugs and features working wrong, and I just nope the f*ck out of there. And you're right. I don't have much background knowledge, but the main thing I criticized is PR. And you don't need background knowledge for that. And since I'm not a fanboy of anything (except vanilla wow :D), I remain skeptic and realistic. And those always come in handy.

Edit: And I still hope that either of the two upcoming servers will be awesome. Or both, who knows!

Prepare for the war for Hillsbrad foothills and the Plaguelands.:laugh: I can already imagine the large groups of players from both factions fighting over quest regions and materials for prof. in the first weeks after release.

Don't take things so personally, Lharts. I'm just skeptical about anything related to a release date and rightfully so (looking at the history of private wow servers).

I've been working in the video game industry for six years now. I know that release dates can be a delicate subject. So much can change during production... roadblocks pop up out of nowhere, people quit, new people have to be integrated, budgets change and if you're especially unlucky the shareholders might just feel like cancelling the project altogether. And I know that if you miss your deadline, the hype surrounding your product will die off unless it's something really big like GTAV (and even with AAA titles like that you can see the hype go down after each delay). You don't need much insight for that.

Wasn't asking about your life story, just on your vanilla private server experience.
w/e then. Its offtopic anyways.

Anyone who says hype is fading must be plain mad. I admit I haven't been following this project for long but since then forum activity has only increased. So please tell me again how hype is fading?

There are so many things to do related to vanilla wow that you could do in the mean time before release. For example, looking up class guides, preferred talent trees, videos and raid mechanics, how crazy awesome and long the BGs are. Just fuel yourself by doing these things and Kronos will release before you know it. Have yourself ready and prepared ("u r nt prepared") to kick some ass upon release. Learn your class, get excited. Beats refreshing the main page every 35 seconds hoping for a release date.

There are so many things to do related to vanilla wow that you could do in the mean time before release. For example, looking up class guides, preferred talent trees, videos and raid mechanics, how crazy awesome and long the BGs are. Just fuel yourself by doing these things and Kronos will release before you know it. Have yourself ready and prepared ("u r nt prepared") to kick some ass upon release. Learn your class, get excited. Beats refreshing the main page every 35 seconds hoping for a release date.

There is a group of 15-20 people on this forum that are online 24/7 discussing who is more knowledgeable and "greater" than the others and mainly their opponents in the dispute.
These people obviously have more than enough free time and some kind of megalomania, dont even bother getting in their disputes, you will only waste your nerves and time.:biggrin:
I wont mention any forum names, because I dont want to unknowingly offend somebody, but if you check around the topics you will see who they are, and they are always the same 15-20 people starting all the disputes and "deep discussions" about WoW.

Ah so true, always nice to get some optimism on this thread though. Sure as heck know it doesnt come around often.

Top Bottom