• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Study on the distribution of Classes, Races and Combinations

jorim

Hello,

I thought it would be interesting to collect statistics about prevalance of certain races and classes and their combinations. Picking your class and race is not easy as there are 20 race and class combinations on every faction, this topic might help you decide on what to pick. If you want to be special you can choose for one of the least picked combinations.

I used data from a different x1 private server, it has 26090 characters in its database ranging from lvl 40 to 60, so the sample size is probably big enough. The ratio is 54% alliance and 46% horde.

ZZC5O4v.jpg

Most popular combinations for Horde:
- 11.6% Undead Mage
- 9.9% Undead Rogue
- 9.2% Undead Warlock
- 8.9% Undead Priest
- 7.3% Tauren Druid

Least popular combinations for Horde:
- 0.8% Troll Warrior
- 1.2% Troll Rogue
- 1.7% Orc Rogue
- 1.7% Tauren Hunter
- 1.9% Troll Priest

WLfOSd3.png

Most popular combinations for Alliance:
- 11.1% Human Paladin
- 9.0% Night Elf Hunter
- 8.0% Night Elf Druid
- 7.9% Human Warrior
- 7.6% Human Mage

Least popular combinations for Alliance:
- 0.8% Dwarf Rogue
- 1.5% Gnome Warrior
- 1.8% Gnome Rogue
- 2.3% Dwarf Warrior
- 2.3% Night Elf Priest

TL;DR
Stop rolling undead. There is nothing wrong with being green, roll Orc.
Stop rolling human. It's ok to be tiny.
Different from what you'd expect, there are not more rogues on horde side.

Last edited:
Trolls wtf happened? You used to be the least popular horde race.

Because he tells people what to do and what to play at the end of the post. How about minding his own bussiness. When I want to roll a undead I will roll undead. Racial traits are more important than some statistics.

Relax dude. You are overreacting.

Interesting indeed. Kinda surprised at how uncommon Tauren Hunters are. Dat +HP racial and War Stomp is quite nice.

2nd rarest alliance race/class combination -> gnome warrior.. wtf?
Cause of migthy human pve racial :mad2: Be honest, vanila on private server has minority of pure pvp players.

damn, i really dont like humans and undeads..theyre everywhere

Interesting read. Orc is the least played horde race? Mind = Blown. Will you be taking your own "advice" and roll an orc, jorim? Just curious since your avatar is an UD. :wink:

Will you be taking your own "advice" and roll an orc, jorim? Just curious since your avatar is an UD. :wink:

I feel deeply insulted one would dare to assume me rolling those despicable undeads.

This mighty Warlock yielding the Staff of the Shadow Flame does not resemble a member of the scourge in any way!

dGWvd36.jpg

When I was raiding as an orc lock i was annoyed that the caster team (mages + locks) was just a bunch of undeads. Trolls have a racial to increase casting speed, why would a mage prefer undead?

Last edited:
Btw I double checked and found out that the total race distribution numbers for horde were wrong (the first 4 percentages), something went wrong in Excel apparantly.

I changed the figure to a correct version now, the amount of Orcs is 23.4% not 7%.

Sorry!

Oh, well I guess just seeing that helm makes me think undead. You obviosuly have a point. :)

I changed the figure to a correct version now, the amount of Orcs is 23.4% not 7%.

That certainly sounds a lot more believable.

I'm amazed Gnome Rogue is so low.
Granted it doesn't have the awesomest racials or animations but a tiny Rogue?
I thought they were more popular.

You even dont believe , what you said. If gnomes racial will be the best,then half of the server will be gnomes, not undeads.

Top Bottom