• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Showcase: Creature AI #3

Exactly! What community is that? I found this server via those videos and I'm not "deep within the community". Do you think I'm the only one? These videos are awesome, keep them coming!
I also came here by those videos that appeared at the side of youtube when I was searching for "wow wod sucks it's for causals only"

Well, ive found out about this project from a guy that advertised me in Emerald dream(feenix) by that time i wasnt hyped but when i saw the videos i already knew this was the server i want to play in !( Thanks to the guy that advertised in ED)

Well, ive found out about this project from a guy that advertised me in Emerald dream(feenix) by that time i wasnt hyped but when i saw the videos i already knew this was the server i want to play in !( Thanks to the guy that advertised in ED)

I've been doing my fair share of word of mouth. May have been me by chance! :smile:

I do agree having a non-technical video could be beneficial for people new to the vanilla scene especially a launch trailer like this one: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YCYjvm8A3Y8

3000 views in one day, i think till end of the week might be 10k or even more! #hype

You are greatly aiding the cause of this project by blindly believing that the current way is the only way and every other idea is trash. I personally fail to see how using a mana potion adds to the threat table builds any hype for new vanilla players, something you even admit in your post.
Now i really don't understand what do you expect from this server. Do you want a visually polished product? That is something you can see on many other servers. But once you start doing dungeons you see the key mechanics are so broken.
Deep inside, this game is technical by nature. See all the progress made after real Theorycrafting was properly done. They did some things that mean almost nothing to you (like mana pot threat) but for a large group of players are the real proof they understand WoW and they know what needs to be fixed first. You really want a "Holywood style" crap video just to see some mobs going in circles with butterfly around them?
Dungeons are not the "main core" of WoW. PvP, exploring, questing, etc. are important too. At the end all dungeons will work like a charm , i am sure of that. But i want to know that most of basic mechanics work as blizzlike as possible.
On second thought i understand your point of view. You never had the opportunity to play on Kronos. I had it and i know the dungeons they have. You will like them , don't know how much. Depends where did you previously played.
We just have to be a bit more patient and then we can enjoy a good vanilla server.

Scripts are the easiest part to fix. What good are working boss scripts if the setting arround them is flawed? How will players pull aggro from a tank if alot things they do doesn't even generate any aggro?

It those mechanics that make the difference and Kronos staff knows this.

I care more about the RPG aspect of the game than the early-game aspect, the elemental resistance should work fine.

If someone will be rushing wow only to have the most flamboyant armor of the game, then someone will play the game at the wrong way.

BTW: I want to see "Cuergo's Gold" .-.

If someone will be rushing wow only to have the most flamboyant armor of the game, then someone will play the game at the wrong way.

BTW: I want to see "Cuergo's Gold" .-.

Couldn't agree more, personally I really feel a lot more like I'm playing WoW when I'm lvling than sitting in IF at 60, only thinking about repeatedly queuing instances for loot and farming BGs for honor.

Couldn't agree more, personally I really feel a lot more like I'm playing WoW when I'm lvling than sitting in IF at 60, only thinking about repeatedly queuing instances for loot and farming BGs for honor.

Well different people enjoy different aspects of WoW and I don't think either of you are the authority on what's fun.

Hey, Kronos team..

uh, nice videos and all, just a friendly suggestion. If you insist on muting and banning people from here who criticize certain aspects of your launch campaign then you're not making much of an image for yourselves. I mean.. sure, it's humane to hate somebody who hates something you're doing, but they on the other hand have their nerves strained and twisted from waiting all that time the launch is taking you. I hope you're at least looking for ways to improve your efficiency and that you take these hostile posts into serious consideration no matter how insane they seem to look.

I'm not criticizing anything myself whatsoever now, just the "let's ban that guy because I don't like what he's saying and he's giving us a bad name" policy.

Hope to be able to play soon, Peace!

Now i really don't understand what do you expect from this server. Do you want a visually polished product? That is something you can see on many other servers. But once you start doing dungeons you see the key mechanics are so broken.
Deep inside, this game is technical by nature. See all the progress made after real Theorycrafting was properly done. They did some things that mean almost nothing to you (like mana pot threat) but for a large group of players are the real proof they understand WoW and they know what needs to be fixed first. You really want a "Holywood style" crap video just to see some mobs going in circles with butterfly around them?
Dungeons are not the "main core" of WoW. PvP, exploring, questing, etc. are important too. At the end all dungeons will work like a charm , i am sure of that. But i want to know that most of basic mechanics work as blizzlike as possible.
On second thought i understand your point of view. You never had the opportunity to play on Kronos. I had it and i know the dungeons they have. You will like them , don't know how much. Depends where did you previously played.
We just have to be a bit more patient and then we can enjoy a good vanilla server.

You really want a "Holywood style" crap video just to see some mobs going in circles with butterfly around them?

One user posted an example of such a video and several people in this thread alone have been positive to it. You have had 15, fifteen, technical videos showcasing abilities, mechanics and the engine of the server. Meanwhile not a single casual, butterflycoated sugar mountain video has been made officially.

I am not saying it will be a resounding success, but such a video should by nature be easier to spread since the content itself is easier to digest. Moreover, we don't know how well this will be received since it has not yet been tried out.

Feel free to bash my head in with a dry bulk load of bricks when such a video (edited by Michael Bay) generates half the viewers of a showcase video.

Last edited:
@Maximus Nobody is banned or muted for nothing on these forums, currently I see only ra2z who is muted for constant spamming and trolling.

Last edited:
If you insist on muting and banning people from here who criticize certain aspects of your launch campaign then you're not making much of an image for yourselves.
Coming from a user whose account was created only hours ago. You know everybody loves these guys that tend to give advice a moment after they have registered. Or maybe - just maybe! - you are not as new as it might seem. Because I checked your IP (Czech IP, interestingly enough) and there is an account registered on 2 November 2014, and its posts contain exactly what you describe as "criticizing certain aspects of our launch camapign".

I therefore sincerely hope this account is not yours because if it is, we would have to ban you for using multiple accounts as it is against the rules. So maybe - just maybe! - it would be cool to think twice before writing something about banning and muting.

To give you an answer: No, people will not get banned for providing us with relevant criticism, but they will if they are not able to see the line between criticizing and behaving like a douchebag.

It requires seriously hazardous behaviour to get yourself banned on this board.
Your post for example, its totally misplaced here and spreads absolute wrong information. By right a mod should instantly delete it (which they won't).

A bit too late, but as you can see your post is still there ;-)

Last edited:
I didn't knew that acting like a douchebag and cursing without reason were constructive criticism..

Cool video! Can't wait to play. Tbh, I'd say the videos you have already released should be more than enough to convince people that this is THE vanilla server. What I'm saying is, I'd prefer being able to play than to watch these videos, but then again maybe they aren't all that time consuming to put up. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Cool video! Can't wait to play. Tbh, I'd say the videos you have already released should be more than enough to convince people that this is THE vanilla server. What I'm saying is, I'd prefer being able to play than to watch these videos, but then again maybe they aren't all that time consuming to put up. Anyways, keep up the good work!
The people doing the videos aren't the people who are developing the server, so there's no precious development time lost!

guys, dont expect kronos to be released soon, lets just think what chero said. More mehanics gonna be shown in future videos. We know how long it takes em to give us new thing to watch so lets say if they gonna make atleast 3 videos more. 2 months per video ... this wont be released next half year for sure... be real...

I loved it! Hope it will release soon, because the novelty of WoD has worn off already for me, and getting kinda bored :( I can only bear League for a few games, untill i've encountered too many ragekids ._.' HELP!

Top Bottom