• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Stuttering in game

Its the same on almost every private server i've been on. Its a shame its present here too since they advertise that it wouldnt be, in that video they showed off. Its easy to now say that "its on their end", to save face. But almost everybody stutter like this, seems like the whole world have the bad internetz then :blink: I know its not on my end at least, its gotta be a server thing.

odd.i havent noticed any stuttering players during my time in beta, not that i noticed atleast. where was this advertised?

Last edited:
I saw a sluttering player once, strangely it was only one person and all the others were moving smoothly.

This is a mangos issue, only core that has fixed this is trinitycore 3.3.5+
You can do the test and download and compile any 1.12.1 or 2.4.3 core then open 2 clients at the same time. Those glitches happen with 0 latency. Nor Nos or Kronos(and Im pretty sure even corecraft) has fixed this despite the shiny videos. For now any tbc/vanilla server will have shitty player movement.

During the beta there was only one guy stuttering for me, and only while jumping.

In your video, those three players do it, but if you say everyone keeps stuttering for you, then it is probably your connectivity and not theirs.

Yes player animation isn't fluid it's skipping frames, micro teleports few steps ahead, make a jerky movement. Generally is something with sending proper animation frame? It's like the char messing it and in one moment have one frame and on the second don't have next but 10 frames ahead withsomewhat changed position maybe 0.01 but still.

Well, I got 100mbit fiber-to-the-home and have no connection issues anywhere ever. My internet is really good and I am with this provider more than an year. Latency in game is about 40, no lag spikes - nothing. FPS is smooth aswell - with V-Sync on - 59-60, if without 180-240. If this is server issue I can just stop right there, because I was going to reinstall windows and I hate doing that. Still 5 driver tests and testing with nvidia card and on top of that on Linux I could skip, but anyway... Thanks a lot guys for the help. When we start I recommend you add your heroes in the sig, so we can connect in game too :)

This "stuttering" is the most annoying thing on private servers. It degrades the atmosphere but you cannot do anything with this. I really hope one day will someone solve it. :)

During the beta there was only one guy stuttering for me, and only while jumping.

In your video, those three players do it, but if you say everyone keeps stuttering for you, then it is probably your connectivity and not theirs.
Psojed it is an issue... I saw players chopping as well. Even recorded it. And i checked my connectivity i have as well 100 mbits connection and lowest ping in the whole country. Players ocasionally chopped. I hope chero can fix this. It's not game breaking but would be awesome if other players ran smoothly.

Well, it seems like someone is having serious issues with nigh-invisible stuttering of other player characters in a 11 year old online game where people connect from all around the world.
It definitely cannot be caused by the fact that computers and servers from half the globe have to communicate to facilitate the meeting of these players... no, that can be overlooked due to such a hardly-noticeable phenomenon...

It must definitely be the issue of the player's ultra über maxed out gaming rig, because the internet connection of all the people who connect online from different places is never-failing and could not possibly cause any problem whatsoever....

:wacko:

I recorded a short video to demonstrate the defect I am experiencing. Look closely the mounted players and check the orc warlock around one minute mark.

I noticed you changed your video settings during the video to prove the point. If you do not see these issues on lower settings, or the fact that your video settings have any effect on this issue at all, means that it is a graphical problem with your computer, video card, or graphics driver.

It could theoretically be the WoW client you are using but if it's the same 1.12 that everyone else is using, then it's not.

It most certainly is not your internet, or anyone's internet, nor the server.

I changed the settings for the video to be more pretty. Even on low this behavior is the same. I am using a client I downloaded previously for Dispersion-wow, but I tried with the one for Kronos with no success. It seems it is not on my end.
Psojed, Internet is not the same it was 11 years ago. Now almost no one uses 56k modems. Now people are on high broadband connections, lan, even fibers. Internet is better and way cheaper than before. I am certain that sometimes someone may have delay - but this is for all the chars on the screen for me.

got an issue myself:
releasing a corpse freezes a game for a bit,pretty sure its an issue with an addon but i have no idea which, since i have quite some

You mean it never worked yet they still put it in mangos as a core fix?
yeah it just makes a bit less micro tp,
but players still randomly glitch around (they're like in wrong pos for a few frames) it's far from being good blizzlike smooth movement.

I still wonder what blizz-like movement you guys talk about. The movement depends mainly on your connection, the other players connection and server delay.

Some examples of your
blizz-like movement:

https://youtu.be/aEGXvbd9D_M?t=557

https://youtu.be/aEGXvbd9D_M?t=96

There are plenty of players with increased latency (NA Players). We did our best in this matter, but we cannot alter players ping.

I just recorded a movie showing the stutterings that are plaguing a big chunk of 1.12.1 community. I tried several systems, tons of videocards and settings, its apparently not client side and it's not related to other people latency, since you can see how things are passing by in a very choppy way.

More of it, if you turn your character with the mouse, you will see the choppy movement, like its losing frames. It's not related to vsync either, since the character seems to lose frames even if you have 150-200 fps with vsync turned off.

@Chero: Could it be the old timestamp mangos problem that nobody fixed so far? It was present on Nostalrius too, but a bit less noticeable then here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9MwKY7g3y0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Top Bottom