• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Questie v1.0 - A quest helper for vanilla

Schaka

Authorized
Questie
A quest helper for vanilla

After weeks of additional development, Questie v2.0 is finally out. We are steadily approaching 400 commits and gained a third developer since then.

We have since moved away from Cartographer and now support all mapping addons, making us a standalone QuestHelper. We just draw frames on the world map ourselves. In addition to that, all notes now work across zones and display on any zoomlevel of the map.

Available quests are now drawn on the map in a much more reliable fashion. In addition, our quest helper should now be more reliable in knowing whether you have already picked up a quest and thus not clutter the map in notes. The database has also been updated so that data for over 1000 more quests is now available.

The quest tracker has been reworked to look a lot more like the Blizzard default quest tracker. It can now hold any amount of quests and can be moved at will by the user. Clicking on a quest in the tracker opens an interactive arrow that always points to the closest, unfinished objective of the quest.

Notes:
- Please use the GitHub issue tracker to report bugs (link at the bottom)
- A tutorial on how to submit buglogs (for bugged quests) to us will be on wiki (GitHub) soon

Download
https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/releases

Github
https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev

Here are few screenshots:
iYna778.png

oRoWMvQ.jpg

NHiBRKd.jpg

I49Saph.png

1fPc5qQ.jpg

tpjeodc.png

Last edited:
Yes, but there might be some issues with quests that have the exact same name on Alli/Horde, having the same objective etcetc but might otherwise slightly differ (like where you turn them in). We use our own questhash system, because IDs aren't available, to avoid this as much as possible.

This is so sick! Perfect timing to get the 1.0 version out too! Much respect Schaka!
But I love my EQL, so please please please hurry up with fixing that! Gotta have them both :)

I had some awful stuttering with Questie 0.9 when I either had many quests tracked in the log and world map, or when I hovered over questitems in my bag with the pointer, it stutters alot. I hope this is fixed now!

Quick questions:
Can we safely delete mapnotes from addon folder now?
Have the resetting zone view when switching zones in Cartographer been fixed in this release?

Last edited:
Just tried it. Pretty cool. Though as a warrior it was showing warlock class quest as available to me :tongue:

This is so sick! Perfect timing to get the 1.0 version out too! Much respect Schaka!
But I love my EQL, so please please please hurry up with fixing that! Gotta have them both :)

I had some awful stuttering with Questie 0.9 when I either had many quests tracked in the log and world map, or when I hovered over questitems in my bag with the pointer, it stutters alot. I hope this is fixed now!

Quick questions:
Can we safely delete mapnotes from addon folder now?
Have the resetting zone view when switching zones in Cartographer been fixed in this release?
MapNotes has been replaced and you can delete it.
I never had issues with stuttering or anything similar, so I'm assuming all will be fine.

EQL3 support and the Cartographer switching issue have been resolved. Updated the changelog.

If you are using EQL3 and you have issues, PLEASE report them to the issue tracker on GitHub, as it is much easier to take care of that way. Same for feature requests. I used this version of EQL3 when developing the compatibility. So if you're having trouble, download that one and disable other mapping addons.

Last edited:
I just get errors and empty folders when I try to unpack. Tried to DL several times. Any ideas?

I just get errors and empty folders when I try to unpack. Tried to DL several times. Any ideas?
Try 7zip, maybe? I'm not sure. I'll update the zip again, but I doubt that'll make any difference. Give it about 3 minutes after I posted this and then try again.
Edit:Uploaded
Edit2: There was some issue with the zip download, should be resolved now though!

Last edited:
Everything works flawlessly for me now, had a problem with bartender clashing with it at first but managed to resolve that. Thanks for the addon.

We would prefer if you just linked to us instead, because that eliminates the need for getting reports from people using an outdated version or getting conflicts not caused by us.

Hey Schaka,

Thanks for taking the time to contribute this great addon, really amazing work and so useful.

Is there a way I can adjust the size of the quest tracker box (image2 on your original post)? I'd like to shrink it down as it takes up a large amount of space on my screen.

Hey Schaka,

Thanks for taking the time to contribute this great addon, really amazing work and so useful.

Is there a way I can adjust the size of the quest tracker box (image2 on your original post)? I'd like to shrink it down as it takes up a large amount of space on my screen.

Release 1.2 (possibly 1.1) will have an options menu for such things. Currently the only way you can do this is by editing the QuestTracker.xml and adjust the sizes (everything that says abs dimension and font sizes).
You can quickly /reload ingame to see what the changes look like

Perfect! Thanks for pointing me to that file (and the key words), I don't know much about addons/programing and was looking through all the LUA files trying to to see if I could figure anything out :)

Last edited:
Is there a way to move the quest tracker ? it appears on spots where i can't really see them. I am playing with 1680 1050 resolution, so i doubt the problem is the resolution.

Is there a way to move the quest tracker ? it appears on spots where i can't really see them. I am playing with 1680 1050 resolution, so i doubt the problem is the resolution.

The empty areas can be used to drag and move it around (areas between quests or corners)

i will be adding this addon to the next update of "Recommended".

Suggestion: combine all the quest marker's into one over a city that when howered above displays all the currently available since right now some cities and areas are spammed with quest markers :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom