• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Alliance warlock - Human or Gnome?

Loreon

Hey guys,

was just thinking. What would be the better racial choice for alliance warlock? Human or Gnome?

They both have useful racials, but i personally think that +int + escape artist is stronger than perception, diplomacy and +spirit

Thanks!

human females cast animation is sweet tho gnomes are badass + gnome racials are probably beter, u already have detect invis as warlock right? ^^ and ofc female gnome* :wub:

buuuutttt im playing horde.... so im going with ud male ^^ :biggrin:

EA is a badass pvp skill, perception is pretty situational..

Perception counters rogues, pretty huge for a warlock. You can knock more than one (my record is three, total rofl moment) out from stealth if you have a felhunter around.

Escape artist as a caster? Mehh. crippling psn will proc again, hamstring reapplied instantly. Useful if you're chasing someone, a mage or sham I guess. Usually you're gonna get focused after a healer.

Extra int is useful sure but I'd rather have diplomacy for bg rep gear.

Last edited:
Why even EA if he's been coiled and feared? Assuming he isn't undead, that fear means you should have him already in a body bag, and even if wotf was used you might still have time to get another one off by the end of the ability. Haven't tested fear pathing, due to a broken charger port QQ

Idk EA is good but it's a melee oriented ability imo, or when you're FC or something.

the REAL question is Undead vs Orc. WotF vs 25% stun resist + extra pet damage. I choose Orc i think (partly because they look badass as casters :biggrin:)

I am also thinking about gnome vs human.. gnomes have better racial but doesn't look that nice in their gear because they're so small :(.. (i know i know maybe not a good reason but still)

It's definitely not useless, and it's an additional escape option Humans do not have. Some rogues will counter it because of their skill, but if they really outskill you you're dead anyway. Why abandon an entire ability over what only few players can counter?

Because considering the stealth detect range of perception and paranoia stacked together means you WILL see that rogue coming. It's totally viable, you just need to be very well aware of where you place yourself, and with whom.
In pvp Warlocks are a support class, I'm sure nobody will argue that. Solo Warlocks are dead warlocks, geared Soul Link Warlocks aside, and even then a buddy with heals just blow the enemy out of the water.

In the end it's all situational, more often than not I see the rogue headed towards me before he stealths, and having played one I suppose it's an advantage to guesstimate their actions..
At any rate I would rather have a chance to be offensive against my counter class and kick them in the nuts with dots while they're doping around in stealth chasing after me, than plan on using my racial (1 min, & yes its a very nice one I totally agree) and then just die after the stunlock ends rendering it useless xP

Edit for Diplomacy its a damn good racial, you gear faster, means that you pewpew that much sooner yay

Just go for looks. You will see your character every single second you play. If you hate the uglyness of gnomes then don't pick it only because it has the best racials.

Top Bottom