• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Addon pack

Re: Recommended

hopefully by the end of the week. Horde is completely all re coded. Just redoing all the maps it takes a while. but all maps will look much more nice

Greetings i am the author of LunaUnitFrames. I'm glad you decided not to add it. I don't want it to be spread around on various one click hosters as its still in development and it would lead to a lot of outdated versions everywhere. Feel free to spam the GitHub link around as much as you like.
Thanks for your understanding.

Don't worry i only take what i would recommend, and a GUI changing addon is not something to recommend since i want to leave that choice to the player themself. Not to mention a full gui like luna or xperl have the disadvantages of affecting fps slightly so either way i would not add a gui to the pack :wink:

Note: Gurky/Beefy's upgraded joana's guide will be added in version 1.2

- - - Updated - - -

Recommended version 1.1 has now been uploaded and the download source has been changed to "mediafire".

note: AntiTroll isn't in this version since it will be changed slightly.

Last edited:

type debuff is bugged like hell, the border colors are different constantly and if i hover over them i get constant error spam in chat.
also addon rawr does roar sound with every emote lol. i dont know how such small addon could fail me

are you sure there are no other addons interfering with typedebuff ? i use the exact package and havent ever had bug's with it even while i was testing it apart from the rest when judging if ok or not for the pack, gui changing addons like luna/xperl might cause what you experience.

if it still occurs after you took off other addons then please tell the the error code you are getting and what caused it and i will look at it

note: rawr was removed in version 1.1 since it needed fixing

Last edited:
Re: Recommended (addon pack)

metamap doesnt work it just gives an error that you cant click away

metamap doesnt work it just gives an error that you cant click away

If metamap doesn't work and has the error you are describing then it is either missing one of the other addons it requires or you are using another map addon that conflicts.

How can i change UI scale without changing scale of my bars (blizzard ui set to 0.5), i want to see enemy bar much largerUIbad.jpg

I will start removing minimap buttons that are hardly ever used and replace them with commands if needed as well as merge many of the small addons into larger addon's.

here's an example of the latest change's:

metamap: minimap button - removed, minimap coordinates default changed from on to off
simplecombatlog: minimap button - removed
Pingy, pingdir & Guildmap have been merged into "Ping"
GuildItem & EQL3 have been merged into "Quest"
NECB: minimap button - removed (but added extra commands)
CTA: has been improved

next version will contain a lot of improvement and changes.

note: when i reach lvl 60 i will slowly be looking through some of the raiding addon's mainly to increase threat/dmg meter accuracy and perhaps design.

Last edited:

Cr0wl0ck i think your addon pack does not work very well on my WoW, I am not able to show the position of questes in my Map. :( I can add you ingame maybe you can assist me!

there is no quest-gps addons in the package at the current time except enhancement of the quest log, there are plans to add one however not at the current time so i understand why you cannot see quests on the map :wink:

i tested with multiple quest-gps addons which all worked with the package but none of them that i would "recommend" to all at the current time.

Last edited:

hey crowlock,

can't find TargetTimer in the downloaded package. is it not longer available?

cheers

target timer is an addon i remade from the old "EnemyBuffTimers Vanilla" i just never changed the folder's etc. so just get the enemybuff from the addon package, ingame it will be seen as Target Timer, i will change this soon :smile:

Great addons. Thanks!

Regarding Antagonist, I can't get the configuration menu to popup. The addon screen says that it is loaded, but no command works, including /ant and /ant gui. Any tips? Relatedtly, NECB doesn't seem to work -- the timing is off, and spells aren't always picked up by it. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I have NECB 5.4.8. In addition to spells not being picked up occassionally, the timers seem off -- i.e., spells will complete and the NECB bar will have them casting still.

Last edited:

well i havent ever looked at antagonist and its not in the package so it is hard to say, but i would suggest that you delete the content inside the "wtf" folder since it stores a lot of old addon information which often results in the weirdest of issues.

personally i wipe my "wtf" folder on a weekly basis, even if you turn off addons or delete them they almost always store some information in the "wtf" folder and when another addon comes along or the same is used on another server then theres a chance it looks at some old data or data from another addon and bugs up which is also the reason why still to this day on retail blizzards first "fix" is to delete the content inside the "wtf folder :wink:.

it could of course also be your client or something different but 99% of the cases where addons act wierd the fault lies with old data in the "wtf" folder.

NECB: NECB works much like Target Timer does, it has a lot of data stored in the files and then matches what it sees in combat log. the addon looks for all types of input/output such as the combat log and when it sees something it knows it shows the visual + pre-determined timer.

and since most spells have the 100% same name it becomes incredibly hard to teach an addon how to differentiate since it does not have eyes or a brain so what you do is make a default timer based on lvl 60 versions of the spells and therefore it wont always be 100% but still close to it and better than nothing ^^

Last edited:

well i havent ever looked at antagonist and its not in the package so it is hard to say, but i would suggest that you delete the content inside the "wtf" folder since it stores a lot of old addon information which often results in the weirdest of issues.

personally i wipe my "wtf" folder on a weekly basis, even if you turn off addons or delete them they almost always store some information in the "wtf" folder and when another addon comes along or the same is used on another server then theres a chance it looks at some old data or data from another addon and bugs up which is also the reason why still to this day on retail blizzards first "fix" is to delete the content inside the "wtf folder :wink:.

it could of course also be your client or something different but 99% of the cases where addons act wierd the fault lies with old data in the "wtf" folder.

NECB: NECB works much like Target Timer does, it has a lot of data stored in the files and then matches what it sees in combat log. the addon looks for all types of input/output such as the combat log and when it sees something it knows it shows the visual + pre-determined timer.

and since most spells have the 100% same name it becomes incredibly hard to teach an addon how to differentiate since it does not have eyes or a brain so what you do is make a default timer based on lvl 60 versions of the spells and therefore it wont always be 100% but still close to it and better than nothing ^^

Awesome! Thank you.

Last edited:

I took your advice and deleted the content of the WTF folder, but that resets all of my UI settings -- which literally took an entire day to set up. I take it there is no way around this?

wtf contains all the saved data from addons and such, you could if you absolutely want to work around loosing your setups delete the files 1 by 1 restarting the game each time to see if you finally deleted the file that caused it but i would say that deleting it all and setting it all up again is much faster than that :)

wtf contains all the saved data from addons and such, you could if you absolutely want to work around loosing your setups delete the files 1 by 1 restarting the game each time to see if you finally deleted the file that caused it but i would say that deleting it all and setting it all up again is much faster than that :)

Awesome! Thanks. I wish there were a way to thank you with rep or something.

One final question: is there an easy way to copy my addon settings? I copied all material from CHARACTER 1's folder to CHARACTER 2, but some settings did not quite transfer over.

you are doing it the right way, sadly not all AddOns are as simple to be copy pasted. :wink:

Yesterday the combat log recieved another great fix which means addons that draw information from the combat log will be more accurate which affects most old & new addons who display buff/debuff's as well as statistic based addons.

I am quite happy that Kronos provides such high quality :biggrin:

Version 1.2 of the recommended package will be released as soon as i fix a minor bug on target timer, Filter fix on CTA & perhaps nature enemy castbar minor improv.

note: If you should be interrested in making your own or fixing old addons then use the "developer" link in my signature, it contains the information required to get started :wink:

Is it possible to remove the nameplates above your allies' head?

You can show only enemy nameplates by pressing 'V'. To show all nameplates you do ctrl+V.

Top Bottom