• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Addon pack

Re: Recommended (addon pack)

Hello, I've only installed your AddOn pack and nothing else. After enabling the AddoOns I now have what looks like a scroll bar on the right side of my screen that stays there even if I hide the UI. Do you perhaps know which addon is causing this and how I can fix it? If not I can always go through and enable each addon one at a time to troubleshoot.

Hello Neztek, the only addon i can think of that could cause that would be "MCP" as it is the only addon in the package with a custom scroll bar but it seems odd since i have never experienced it having that issue, try to delete "wtf" content as old "wtf" saves from older servers or similar can make addons act realy wierd.

Hi Feralicious sorry but the nameplates in 1.12.1 where handled as a single function with only 3 option's to manage range through a script or show enemy/ally or both. I cannot remember when they added soemthing separate for pets but i dont think it was before tbc.

Hello Neztek, the only addon i can think of that could cause that would be "MCP" as it is the only addon in the package with a custom scroll bar but it seems odd since i have never experienced it having that issue, try to delete "wtf" content as old "wtf" saves from older servers or similar can make addons act realy wierd.

Thanks for the reply! I did notice it after loading component of MCP. I went to play last night after work and it was gone so I think I'm good now.

I'd like some additional information about the FixLoadingTimes addon.

What do you mean by "events that the client doesn't need"? Does it really make a difference? It's not like I'm having any noticeable delay nor any issue at all when changing zone.

The 1.12.1 Client loads too many and even events it wont have any use for after the loading screen basicly since they wanted to be sure not to be missing any events in the client after load, this was fixed with TBC but during vanilla the fix was to be using an addon to do so although an addon cannot reduce the excess events during login but only loading after logged in.

events can be anything from chat channel to ability, loot, npc, spawn etc.

you can try the addon as it will list how many events it filters for example 250 events during load before addon becomes 168 events with the addon etc.

Hi! Which of all those addons add coordinates to the World map? Also, is there a questhelper in that pack?

:smile:

MetaMap is included in this pack and provides coordinates. A quest helper addon was supposedly to be added in the next revision of the addon. I am not sure which version is the most current. I know that a couple months back I downloaded 1.1 and it did not have a quest helper addon. I just use extended quest log to use the comments section from one of the more popular wow db sites and that usually provides enough info for the tough quests.

HTH,
-PP

a quest helper was planned for version 1.2 which i have been delaying since i wish to release "Target Timer" in version 1.2 with it which depends on refresh, missing log & bugged npc api link getting fixed which it once was but it had to be reverted since the fix in return bugged warrior stances so just waiting for next time it gets fixed "without bugging anything else of course" :wink:

I am thinking of adding Questie as Schaka has fixed some of the issues where it used too much memory but i am not too happy about the minimap icon spam still although it is the best 1.12.1 quest helper thus far and hopefully gets better over time.

"Target Timer" is intended to show an overlay similar to cooldowns with timer over buff/debuff's on any target. It works the same as "EnemyBuffTimers Vanilla" however Target Timer includes all known buffs in the game while "EnemyBuffTimers Vanilla" only contains 70% of class abilities. The aim is to eventually make it display enemy buff's even without "Detect Magic" from mage's. It is a TBC feature imitating addon so most won't even realize it being there since the feature even exists on retail still so most are used to it before even getting it but it is so relaxing to have instead of the progress bar spamming addons for only a few buff/debuffs.

In addition a new version of CTA will be added, one with a massive filter that react's to the world channel. I have been using it for over a month and even creative responses are now filtered as lfg/lfm or discarded. I hope to fix n release Anti-Troll also although i need to find an error and adjust filer a bit :)

Once the combat log & api have been fixed addons that depend on the combat log will be able to refresh but also respond more efficiently, currently effects dont refresh, some abilities dont appear at all & some npc's dont enter into the correct api.

The addon has 3 limits:
1: it can only use what shows up in combat log which can be increased to max 200 yards
2: it does not show diminishing although that could maybe be added in the distant future
3: does not work with perl, bartender or such although that could be added in the distant future

So once those bugs are fixed version 1.2 will be released :wink:

Last edited:

https://github.com/Schaka/BuffHook

Look into this. It already shows enemy buffs (although not with duration) and they don't disappear, because UNIT_AURA doesn't fire for enemy buffs you can't see.
Also, since EnemyBuffTimersVanilla uses GameTooltip:SetUnitBuff(unit, i) to read out spellnames, you would need to add additional parameters for it to the UnitBuff(unit, i) and UnitDebuff(unit, i) functions after hooking them.

So once you make those two addons work in harmony, the things you intended to do with them should work quite well, actually. There are also some hotfixes to the EBFV functionality in the LunaUnitFrames branch, that should probably be ported over (but I'm lazy, and honestly, fuck Vanilla).

All that being said, as much as I appreciate you filling up my spell list, I reeeeeeally don't think adding some spellnames to a Lua file warrants renaming my addon. I feel it's quite disrespectful, as you could've just made a pull request on GitHub for that.

Thank you for the feedback schaka i will read through that :smile:

If the addon had the same purpose and only some lines where added to a list then there would have been no reason for another name but [EnemyBuffTimersVanilla] only reacted to 168 unique Debuffs which was hardly 80% of class debuff's and a few raid debuffs and since its primary focus was the enemy's debuffs it didnt even react to debuffs on your own pet.

[TargetTimer] on the other hand is an addon that reacts to 1568 unique buffs & debuffs from any source or target.

A year ago on ED's forum i asked you to begin the project again and make it react to all debuffs & buffs as well as targets but back then you had the same response although it was to post the list on the forum, and you still haven't added those to the list. In the end i decided to improve the addon to the next stage on my own based on what existed and slowly added to the code as well as the list to the point where "enemybuff" could no-longer describe or define the addon's purpose as it also showed buffs on ally's.

[TargetTimer] is as different to [EnemyBuffTimersVanilla] as [Natur enemycastbar] is to [Carnival enemycastbar].

Also the future goal of TargetTimer is to partly replace Detect Magic on enemy targets one day by displaying an icon of a buff even if it is not shown.

can you pleas make a download that have addons separated, i dont want to use all, and there it is a very big list of addons i think you allready have them separated, i dont want to do it, i am lazy. thanks anyway, great job. Thanks again for your time.

This is a great pack, a bit feedback for the opening post here. It would be helpful if the description of the addons corresponds to the name of the addon when opening the folder. for example i was trying to find "BugSilencer", but in the folder its called "ImprovedErrorFrame"

can you pleas make a download that have addons separated, i dont want to use all, and there it is a very big list of addons i think you allready have them separated, i dont want to do it, i am lazy. thanks anyway, great job. Thanks again for your time.
Damn, it's 7MB! I won't ever believe it's a problem to download them all :D And you can easily extract only those addons which you need from the zip archive: for example, if you use WinRar, double-click on the archive and drag&drop addons you need to your WoW Addons folder. Another easy solution: unzip everything and delete everything you don't need.

I mean, I know that one can't be too lazy, but it's as hard as levelling to level 2 :D

Damn, it's 7MB! I won't ever believe it's a problem to download them all :D And you can easily extract only those addons which you need from the zip archive: for example, if you use WinRar, double-click on the archive and drag&drop addons you need to your WoW Addons folder. Another easy solution: unzip everything and delete everything you don't need.

I mean, I know that one can't be too lazy, but it's as hard as levelling to level 2 :D

i don't understand why we can't add some feedback, and you want only positive comments. And if you want to understand there are other implication of making a long list off addons from where it is hard to see which folder correspond to what addon. For me this will take time, but if crowlook already have them separated why to lose time doing it?

Metamap have some problem whit low resolution window don't appear on screen, had to go to higher resolution and move it up and go again on low resolution.
the damage meter addon it is really annoying, unfriendly interface i can say.

Thank you for the feedback :biggrin:

To be honest i already did that with the names over a month ago but wished to release alongside the modified [EnemyBuffTimersVanilla] which became [TargetTimer] after its purpose & capability changed. But since this requires that a part in combat log/api gets fixed which it was once 2 months ago but then reverted since that fix bugged something else so i am just waiting for a fix that does not bug anything else which i had hoped would have been fixed long ago but until then i can test & fine tune what works until :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thanks for this addon pack, will take a while to go through them all but happy to know they all work with 1.12 properly

Straight up, I can't get the addon button to show when logged in... I don't know what I do wrong, please help me out fam.

Have gotten it to work, but now I auto accept quest's, what addon causes this, and can I turn it off?

I have information
"You must wait 10 second before speaking again" x3
How to block this?

Top Bottom