• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Content, Content and more Content

Holaver

Team Veteran
We have maintained throughout that we would release content only when it is ready and upto the standards that our players have come to expect from the Kronos project, while also ensuring that it is delivered in a time frame that is beneficial to the server and its community. With that in mind, we are pleased to be able to give you a little more information as to when you can expect the next waves of content.

Silithus & Cenarion Circle

1414ada6d8170d10064e0c92fff506b7-1.png
The Cenarion Circle are able to offer new goals and rewards to players, as they look to prepare themselves for challenges that await them in the near future. Obtaining those rewards will take a lot of time, hard work and commitment, while also exposing them to further dangers, in the form of their opposing faction.

Silithus is known to be a difficult zone to quest in, with mobs posing just as much of a threat as other players. We have worked hard to ensure that it is just as you will have experienced it on retail. If you were not lucky enough to have experienced it all those years ago, you’re in for a treat.

You can expect to see Silithus released in all its glory on Friday June 5th!

Alterac Valley

6ac0875b72d5af7e3a9d78d360549876.png
The battle for Alterac Valley, spearheaded by the Frostwolf Clan of the Horde and the Stormpike Clan of the Alliance, is making its way to Kronos! This is a fiercely competitive battleground, with large scale PvP action that also incorporates an awful lot of PvE elements — making it a popular battleground amongst raiders.

Alterac Valley is the final battleground to be released on our project and has many facets to it that have required the attention of our developers. We are now pleased to be able to release it to our community.

The battle for Alterac Valley will commence in early July!

Blackwing Lair

421a4b4efd5322b53c6c769c90ed4838.png
Let us not kid ourselves — this is what you are all here for. When can you expect to see the next tier of raid content released? This has been a hot topic of debate on our community forums of late, with many pitching their opinions of when it should be released.

Blackwing Lair will bring with it some of the most iconic encounters in World of Warcraft history, while also affording our players the opportunity to lay their hands on vastly superior gear in the form of the Tier 2 item sets.

We are pleased to announce that the most polished iteration of Blackwing Lair on any private server to date will be available to Project Kronos players in August!

As ever, we thank you for your unrelenting support and hope that you are as excited to consume this content as we are to bring it to you.

The Kronos Team

http://www.kronos-wow.com/2015/05/30/content-content-and-more-content/

Amazing. Lovely to see the plans of the future, usually pisses people off when they can't get a decent answer about when new updates will launch. Love it!

I actually really like that Silithus isn't being pushed off until Ahn'Qiraj's launch. It's my favorite zone and I'm really looking forward to it!

A working classic AV is the #1 reason that drew my attention to this server initially. If it's able to launch and then have its detected bugs fixed so that it's like 90% accurate, the draw for old school players will be immense. Really great news.

Even I - mere level 32 - am very exited to read such a big news!

A question which I would also like to ask:
I'm more interested in the Silithus part at this point.

Does this mean we will get Earthstrike, Rockfury Bracers and other very strong pieces added in 1.9 (AQ) already? If so it's far too early.

Plus, are you planning a promo-video about this events? And/or some intensive/more open tests?

I was actually wondering too how come Silithus has been released so soon, while during retail it came little before AQ. Doesn't Silithus offer quest chains that let you get better gear than BWL which in turn isn't even released yet?

In a word, is the blizzlike content release being screwed/disregarded and, if so, why?

There is like 1 item which is worth get from the quest , which is rockfury bracer

There is like 1 item which is worth get from the quest , which is rockfury bracer
or earthstrike, or ... there are several very good items you can get from the pre-aq quests. should hope they're just patching some quests in that came in early and do not refer to the aq patch. but the announcement sounds different.

Last edited:
As far as I know every quest chain in silithus has been implemented including the ones that reward blue/epic gear.

I personally think its a good thing to add more content to kronos. Yes, some of those items are on par or even better than BWL gear (which is not released yet) and on the official timeline, the Silithus revamp was released with AQ. But strictly following the blizzard release frame would be pointless.

We already have things like the Lionheart Helmet which was released with Naxx back in the day. It is also way better than anything currently dropping in raids. And its "only" 12 Arcanite Bars to make. Never heard any complaints about that. Things like this, Diremaul, Maraudon, 1.12 Talent trees, the blue item upgrade, Silithus (and maybe even T0.5 Quest chain) would be pointless to hold back until their original release on the timeframe. Playing blizzlike is a good thing, but no need to walk exactly the same path they did (with the same mistakes)

The Silithus Items take a lot of time to farm (reputation and mats) and the Windstone bosses take at least a small raid to tackle. Its not like there is now epic gear raining from the sky for everyone. Silithus creates content and challenge/timesink for solo players and guilds alike, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents,
Rembrandt

Iirc Lionheart was almost at the release.. Everyone was making that helmet + arcanite reaper in the MC days.

... would be pointless to hold back until their original release on the timeframe. Playing blizzlike is a good thing, but no need to walk exactly the same path they did (with the same mistakes)

Rembrandt

That .... THAT !! Total Blizzlike extremism madness is pointless. It's better to have content released by item power and not by official release time.

I personally think its a good thing to add more content to kronos. Yes, some of those items are on par or even better than BWL gear (which is not released yet) and on the official timeline, the Silithus revamp was released with AQ. But strictly following the blizzard release frame would be pointless.

I agree with the whole releasing content in a blizzlike schedule is pointless. However, Silithus revamp was not released with AQ.

1.8 came out Oct 10 2005. 1.8 included revamped Silithus and Emerald Dragons.

1.9 came out Jan 3 2006. (First Gate was opened Jan 26 2006). That patch included AQ20/40, and T2 armor models.

On another note, ZG and AB came out with 1.7 which was released on September 13 2005. BWL came out July 12 2005, as patch 1.6.

Hopefully there is a lag of 2-3 months from BWL being cleared by 2-3 guilds per side and the release of Emerald Dragons and another 1-2 months from dragon release to AQ release.

Once bwl is out I just hope ZG gets released ASAP.

ZG and AQ 20 are really good time sinks and a way to keep activity up. They can even be pugged.

I agree Lharts. The only reservation I have with ZG is that it contains a few pieces of loot that are superior to BWL items--at least for pve. If we are trying to keep some semblance of a "blizzlike" experience I would hope ZG comes out after at least 1 guild on each side has killed Nef. Once he is dead by those who would race for server/faction first who cares if ZG is released.

To your point towards activity I think you are absolutely right, they are both quite accessible. Getting a functioning ZG in here a month or two after a well scripted BWL would do wonders to attract and retain new players. Not everyone at 60 wants to raid 40 mans, but ZG and AQ20 are instances that you can randomly decide to do on a weekend when you are bored.

As the power void grows with HWL/GM geared pvpers and BWL+ geared pve'er new people to the server will feel as though they will never catch up. ZG, AQ20 and Tier .5 act as the Vanilla catch up mechanism. They offer a less structured gear progression than 40 man raiding and I would assume will make people on the fence about getting involved with the server a little less apprehensive.

TL;DR release ZG ASAP after Server and faction firsts have been claimed in BWL.

Semi unrelated: Maybe I am blind but has the 'early July' release date for AV been given a firm date yet?

+1 to Lharts & Fiddle. Agree on all their points and as Fiddle mentioned an update on the AV timeline would be greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom