• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Transfer from other Servers

Okay no further comparisons to what blizzard did. You can only make this comparison if the setting of both realms was entirely the same. Which it isn't and will never be.
I rerolled from a smaller to a larger server. So did several of my friends from earlier games like CS.

[...]

It was just a thought that if you can lure the big, established guilds here, under strict conditions, those levelling still would be willing to reroll as well. As I say, it's a tricky subject and as a player I would be torn between wanting more pop and feeling like my efforts in levelling were being undermined.

I fully get where you're coming from with this. But I think it would involve more than just a trade off a bit of legitimacy for a possible increase in pop here. Of course a free transfer to a better server would attract a lot of people. Now if the primary goal is to lure the big guilds, then it raises some questions:

- Part of the reason to allow entire guilds to transfer is to offer their players the possibility to keep raiding easily. But is it difficult to raid on Kronos? I think not. The raiding scene is pretty healthy compared to the size of the server pop. If the latter increases, so will the raiding options. What is difficult is to get through the leveling phase again without exploit. There is no avoiding this issue.

- Would it be fair for our own big guilds (which for the sake of neutrality I'll mention I'm not part of) to provide free 60 access to other guilds which own track record to reach max level, not to mention their level of stuff and wealth, is dubious at best? Even if you transfer them naked, with only MC/Ony out atm how long do you think it would take them to have content cleared again? Better deal for them than for our own guilds I say.

- Last but not least - do we really want to see guilds like GRIZZLY hanging around? I quite like current atmosphere as it is, nom'sayin.

I fail to see how Kronos can get into this transfers thing without significantly damaging the "Vanilla experience" it relies on. Yet if for the sake of argument we are exploring incentives they could create to lure existing Nost players, there might be some softer options. Why not a rested xp bar for the number of levels you already have completed there, or something in this range. But that would be another discussion.

Your post got me thinking about the softer options. I mean buying a legitimately levelled 60 is one thing, inserting a bunch of 60s levelled elsewhere is an entirely different matter. I'm curious about the cheats on the other server to level, I know there were some on ED back in the day.

I'm not sure why a bunch of naked 60s would have an advantage, on my last server it took ages to grind and gear. Maybe I'm just slow. Guess it's just seeing guilds quit elsewhere and a lot will be waiting for a certain other server rather than re-rolling here because they've already done the levelling once and won't do it again. Their loss though when BWL, AQ and Naxx come rolling round :)

Sigh.

http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/87500-Petition-against-multiboxing?p=714143#post714143
Positive decision was made around page 18. We still have a chance :D Sigh, but no one spams on forums enough to feed a 18-pages thread anymore.

I'm grateful for Chero's reply and Kronos does have to protect the authenticity of its server. I'm hoping over time the population will grow but to be fair, the lack of lag and the space to do things is nice as well :)

And who knows, after a successful BWL on Kronos more people will come.

Alittle bedtime story i share with you all.
In my town we were about 10 players who started with vanilla, 4 of these started to play on Nos.
They didnt believe all the bad comments on Nos forum and all the stories about duping, they rage quited after 1month of playing when they saw the truth. THE END

Next time, make some RESEARCH before jumping on the HYPE wagon.

Top Bottom