• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

BWL Test Groups

zarquon

Hi Guys,

below you can find the groups for today's BWL testing session.
The Alliance raid will start at 5 PM CEST and the supervising Game Master will be Yourtester.
The Horde raid will start at 7 PM CEST and be supervised by Lavan.

The Horde group is still lacking players, most importantly Hunters and Warlocks. An additional Holy Priest may also be beneficial. Since we copied all characters from the live realm to the PTR players interested in filling these spots may simply log on to the PTR at 7 PM CEST and contact the supervising GM. To log on to the PTR you simply need to click the “Change Realm” button in the character screen and select Kronos PTR.

Alliance:

• Tanks
Dance, Moosic, Terd, Benawi

• Healers
Snailswrath, Capture, Avrora, Dincio, Excy, Untamed, Brutus, Areina, Parmenides, Asmodeus, Andreas, Fallachaa

• DPS
Worstworrier, Anelin, Lilliput, Mcdaggers, Fhale, Kalea, Nedstark, Eoy, Fracture, Hagson, Rembrandt, Weasel (Raidlead), Donkings, Shino, Sidney, Dodelijk, Zipzo, Fingerblast, Jmorrow, Oppahansi, Atcher, Fanduriel, Alerea, Dalloway​

• Backups
Straga, Tallis, Mystra, Whittaker, Spudre, Vyp, Gottegris, Gnomename, Whitepowder, Tripic, Kooky, Medane, Azsharlius, Proome, Kriegtier, Feith

Horde:

• Tanks
Nerfmeh, Varkings, Joshua, Futilian, Eggs

• Healers
​Khrull, Willferrel, Shredder, Jory, Bagr, Razin, Fei, Oprawindfury, Dunnskin, Tf, Facemelt, Rrahg

• DPS
​Hurmelhej, Minoan, Bliepbliep, Lmory, Ayz, Minator, Butazin, Mousik, Tongs, Bezdak, Peasemold, Agusto, Barstools, Aesthetera, Ruktuku, Magnomage

Happy Raiding!

Of course the Zipzo will be streaming this raid! COME DANCE WITH ME!

http://www.twitch.tv/zipzo62

**Question**

I know some guilds may not have yet dispensed their Ony Cloaks. I know the CORAL members have, but everyone will need one, so if their copied characters have yet to have been given them, will/can they be provided?

it's a test raid, the intention is to find bugs, not to execute the most effective boss strategies or playing with the best possible raid-setup.

one tip for everyone, log in well before the actual test, incase you need to configure your ui or something.
make sure you copy your character folder. (WTF folder)

it's a test raid, the intention is to find bugs, not to execute the most effective boss strategies or playing with the best possible raid-setup.

It's not about efficiency, it's about killing the last boss. Not having fear ward makes tank both do less threat and be more vulnerable since he will have to stance dance all the time. Not to mention that fight is long and tank probably won't be able to have zerker rage up every time Nefarian fears due to its cooldown. I mean, have fun testing things when raid gets whiped out all the time.

P.S. Nice line-up of Quel'Serrar tanks :biggrin:

Last edited:
exactly, it's not at all about killing the bosses. we shouldn't really kill any boss at all :D

after checking the fight mechanics and other environmental bugs there might be, the gms could make us wipe at 5% of the boss or whatever. The kills should be saved for all of us for the live server.

after checking the fight mechanics and other environmental bugs there might be, the gms could make us wipe at 5% of the boss or whatever. The kills should be saved for all of us for the live server.

Why, what's the point?

And Lhearts, read my last post again. If you keep wiping at start of Nefarian fight you can't test phase 3 etc.

Seeing how they picked only Quel'Serrar tanks, I suppose "safety" is what they were going for when they picked this roster. Isn't it logical to go for safety with respect to fear ward as well then?

Why, what's the point?

And Lhearts, read my last post again. If you keep wiping at start of Nefarian fight you can't test phase 3 etc.

Seeing how they picked only Quel'Serrar tanks, I suppose "safety" is what they were going for when they picked this roster. Isn't it logical to go for safety with respect to fear ward as well then?

I would think that's simply a happenstance. Most guilds elected their most geared tanks which is generally going to their main tanks, which generally have had plenty of time to actively farm for their ability to have the Qul'Serrar. That's just their dedication to progression at work. I don't think there was any active choice made based only on the fact they had one.

Why, what's the point?

the point is to not make this a progression raid, but only a dungeon TEST.

what's the point in trying to figure out the most effective startegies on such a test raid?
that is something each guild has to do for itself when BWL is live.

i hate it when so many ppl only wanna do this for the opportunity of making early progress.

we are there to test the mechanics and unveil as many bugs as possible. it's not a fucking showoff about how awesome some of us players are and how easy it is for us to kill the bosses.

we also should wipe on every boss to test if everything resets properly, especially if the gates close and reopen after a wipe etc. that's very important to test.

and if you wanna use the example of nefarian, even there it would be wise to check if the encounter resets properly on a wipe, like, if skeletons of the add remain. Then, of course, you check if the Mobs in P1 use their respective abilities in the right manner and if the spawn frequence is correct.
And in P2, all you need to do is check if all Class Calls work and if the 20% addwave works. after that, the gms can wipe the raid and there is no point in killing nefarian. That honor should be reserved for the live realm. Just for the immersion.

I agree with almost everything you said HBK, and what I am/was saying is that getting to phase 3 in Nefarian enocunter will be hard (since tank will get feared at least once you need luck to be on your side so that Nefarian doesn't shadow flame the whole raid) without fear wards (horde have tremors).

GMs will monitor the raid. You will have literally no problem bringing ANY boss into the next phase if need be.
The only goal of these raids is to verify if BWLs mechanics work. Bosses aswell as trash and events. Nothing more nothing less.

well you know we are watched/guided by gms anyway. if we really ended up having trouble reachin a certain phase of a bossfight (which i highly doubt), the gms can bring the boss to the percentage of health where we need it to continue testing. it's not a big deal.

woops, lharts was faster with that reply :)

That way (GMs forcing bosses into certain phases) you don't have a "natural" raiding environment and might miss some bugs that may appear simply due to people doing things in a weird way and randomly messing up. After playing around, in the end there should always be a "real" attempt for testing purposes.

You are way too worried. Chero and his team have tested so many encounters already. Have a bit more faith that they know what they are doing.

Rofl @ panic about Fear ward. You should try Horde. And no, tremor is not = Fear ward.

Top Bottom