• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Enemy Cast Bar

Carnival Enemy Cast Bar.
I recommend using Nature Enemy Cast Bar. Take the highest working version of it that you can find.
5.0.0.0 was the best I could find.

the last "Carnival" enemy cast bar was 1.6 so far i can see on:
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/project-1677/files/

note: i just went through the code of both and "Carnival" is the predecessor of "Natur", you cannot use both since the code is almost the same but i am working on it so both can be used simultaneously so that "Natur" looks at cooldown, debuffs and so on and "Carnival" monitor's castbar of the target which is rather simple but this way the bars can be arranged easier without adding everything into 1 corner making it confusing, thanks for the tip though i will add it to the addon package once it is fixed ☺

Last edited:
Nature Enemy Cast Bar is very useful but also slightly bugged, for example you still see your enemy's casting bar even when he stopped casting his spell so it could be a bit disturbing. Anyways you can enable few casting bars at the same time.

that isnt a bug but becourse it is impossible in 1.12.1 to get enemy talent info so it is based on the most commonly seen duration at max rank.

i am working on fixing Carnival to work as supplementary castbar for Natur, so Natur looks at everything else and Carnival then provides the Castbar allowiong you to sort them better on the screen instead of stacking it all.

Well I used it during few years and from what I saw many times you couldn't see the real end of a cast. I mean when a player was relinquishing to a cast in order to use another one instead then the fake cast was still apparent (like it had not been stopped), same thing after a silence.

Last edited:
you cannot detect when a cast end's through an api either but you can when it is started and when it land's.

feel free to solve this, but without the right API's where from the addon draws it information that is impossible so you will just have to use your eyes to see if he fake casted or is standing still with glowing hands.

i know it must be a challenge to actually look on your opponents hand and if they glow or not but this is as good as it get's :smile:

i am no pro so it is limited as to what i can do but without the right API it becomes an impossible task :smile:

I'm not that much dependent on this AddOn but I remember that it was kinda painful on some private servers because you could still see the spell in the hands of your target so it was sadly muddled on both sides. To be honest, I don't know if this graphical bug is also an issue on Kronos.

as said before: "not a bug"... and it does not depend on the server but rather the client.

back in vanilla you just didn't have a way to register fake-cast's aside from using your eyes since there wasn't an API that registered when an enemy's spell was stopped, or to see the talents that where taken.

He means that you need th check if your oponent casts by looking at his hands instead rely solemnly on your addons.
If 1.12.1 had API to check if the opponent is currently casting you could make macros for interupt abilities to always hit perfect.

Regarding nature enemy castbar, is there a way to separate the target spell castbar from all the other bars you can have enabled via the mod?

So what I mean is if I have necb enabled to show buffs, gains etc all the bars in the 1.12.1 version I have found groups together.
Would like to move the target spell castbar from all the others to place on a different location on the screen.

Currently I am using "antagonist" addon which lets you separate bars. However I don't like the graphics of the bars and there seems to be no way to change the graphics to the way I like them( transparent graphics underneath the bars, hate when bars deplete and leave a gray area behind).

Also, what 1.12.1 castbar addons exists? Have tried necb, antagonist and ecastingbar.

Last edited:
possible: yes
problematic: slightly
question: do you like the graphics of the CECB bars more than the NECB ?
Tip: ecastingbar, NECB, CECB are the same they originate from the same, only difference is author and age.
easy solution: i could fix CECB so it works alongside NECB but it only shows your target and not those around casting

addon wishes and suggestions please drop em off in the suggestion box, as can be found in my signature link and i will take a look at it, if i can find time or if it is possible for me :biggrin:

That's a very generous offer but I wouldn't want you to waste your time. Not worth your time considering what a small problem it is.

I'll just keep using antagonist addon even if I'm not a fan of how the bars look.

confirmed: the one you have there is newer than the one currently contained within my "addon library", it will be included in my next upload :biggrin: thank you for sharing after finding :smile:

It's not only newer, but according to the comments on archived Curse.com, it's the latest version for vanilla. Next versions are for TBC.

i will test it later today :wink:

but it will be replaced on the next update in my "addon library" so the addons within are up to date and collected :laugh:

confirmed: the one you have there is newer than the one currently contained within my "addon library", it will be included in my next upload :biggrin: thank you for sharing after finding :smile:

Is it just me, or the download link is now broken?

Is it just me or doesn't it work on Kronos right now? Like from 1 day to to the next, just stopped working. :(

Top Bottom