• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Warlock Summoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahahahah I giggled IRL.

I'm rather new to the topic and prob my opinion doesn't matter, but I think people should use mage portals and flight paths as intended by design.
I would prob go a step further and make warlocks only capable of summong characters the same level or lower. So only 60s can summon 60s.
I mean, how hard is it to get a guild warlock and 2 people out to a location to summon the rest of the raid? :what:

It is impossible to get world buffed without warlock alts in every zone. You must be a casual.

Wow, I couldn't even be bothered to read all 19 pages of crying but my instant reaction to the first three whiny posts was: OMG you people are so bloody lazy it's hillarious!
Have you even gone through the headache of running through every single zone in Azeroth to pick up the FPs? Leveling a warlock to 20 might seem slightly easier but was never meant as a workaround for players to "abuse". (I bet basically none of you had 4 different accounts in retail for this purpose.)
And regarding not being ABLE to pick up world buffs before raids -are you kidding me? Try again and use your brain. It's totally doable and you'll only loose the time it takes for you to reach the instance as intended. Or bribe benched/non raiding warlocks to summon you if it's so important to you..

Have fun and don't die!

I find it pretty funny that people here are angry and even lying to get there view through.
First off, yes people did have sometimes 1 or maybe 2 accounts more in vanilla, but no were near the extent there is here today. People weren’t prepared to pay a lot of money just to get summoned around the world. And this goes even for the big guild. Sitting here stating people hade a lot of accounts for locksummon is a bloody lie.

Second of all what are they exploiting. Traveling and that is not a minor thing. Flightpath is one thing, but a bigger part is walking/riding. And that is important, one of the biggest shit-things blizz implemented in TBC were flying.
Walking/riding makes you interact more with the world and you can get ganked. I realy fun part of the wow experience and I for one would love guild to start doing what we did in vanilla and fuck up raidingguilds when they were preparing for a raid traveling there and waiting outside dungeons.

If people will leave because of this be my guest.

- - - Updated - - -

All horde should start put Vanguard members no mather lvl on kill on sight list and just destroy them all day long.
Couldn't agree more. The world always felt bigger, more alive and more dangerous during Vanilla, and it was because everyone had to travel the old-fashioned way. It's one of the fundamental differences between Vanilla and retail WoW.

It's really sad to see so many people on a "Blizzlike" vanilla server complaining that they can't cheese the summoning mechanic with unlimited accounts.

Every vanilla retail raider was a casual then :laugh:

Warlock alts in every zone is Blizzlike, what are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't agree more. The world always felt bigger, more alive and more dangerous during Vanilla, and it was because everyone had to travel the old-fashioned way. It's one of the fundamental differences between Vanilla and retail WoW.

It's really sad to see so many people on a "Blizzlike" vanilla server complaining that they can't cheese the summoning mechanic with unlimited accounts.

Stop trying to punish the hardcore and dedicated, please.

Totally agree and I would +1 cool this if I knew how lol.

What world buffs are we talking about?

Warlock alts in every zone is Blizzlike, what are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Stop trying to punish the hardcore and dedicated, please.

Isn't running across the entire world on foot even more hardcore? You should be grateful for this change :tongue:

Also, are you willing to pay $50 + $13/month for each of those alts? Because that seems to be the root of the problem here. Retail WoW had a built-in disincentive ($$$) that private servers lack, and its absence has altered player behavior in a way that negatively impacts gameplay. That's not what most players consider "Blizzlike".

Dire maul buffs, buff from hakkar hearth turn in, ony/nef head and songflower in fellwood.
Also darkmoon fair if it is up.
If you go rly all in you maybe could add the sand turn in buff from sillithus but it only holds 30 mins.

Last edited:
Dire maul buffs, buff from hakkar hearth turn in, ony/nef head and songflower in fellwood.
Also darkmoon fair if it is up.
If you go rly all in you maybe could add the sand turn in buff from sillithus but it only holds 30 mins.

Ah I see. I remember, as a priest, having to go Mind Control mobs and give fire resist buffs to the entire raid for MC, but are all those world buffs really needed to do content?
To my ignorance it seems overkill.

Last edited:

Some people mentioned others. What we really care about is the Felwood Songflower and Silithus buffs since they only last 60 and 30 mins each, which is why we use warlocks to save as much time on those buffs as possible.

but are all those world buffs really needed to do content?
To my ignorance it seems overkill.

We're just that kind of a guild. To us every 1% increase matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're just that kind of a guild. To us every 1% increase matters.

I don't see an issue with it in that regard, if you hustle to get buffs and then go do an instanced raid that's one thing, but if you exploit low level warlock summons to snipe world bosses that would be circumventing flight paths and traditional forms of travel and against design intent?

You can't proclaim yourself the most dedicated and hardcore and also be excluded from criticism or mockery. Just doesn't work that way.

When the pot calls the kettle black...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see an issue with it in that regard, if you hustle to get buffs and then go do an instanced raid that's one thing, but if you exploit low level warlock summons to snipe world bosses that would be circumventing flight paths and traditional forms of travel and against design intent?

lmao guys stop exploiting!!

Onslaught is now a dedicated and hardcore guild lol. We're gonna be more serious and tryhard and get rid of this all caps ONSLAUGHT naming shenanigan, start leveling warlock alts, and stop taking enhancement, elemental, feral, and moonkin druids to raids.

Onslaught is now a dedicated and hardcore guild lol. We're gonna be more serious and tryhard and get rid of this all caps ONSLAUGHT naming shenanigan, start leveling warlock alts, and stop taking enhancement, elemental, feral, and moonkin druids to raids.
i don't give a shit

People have mentioned "boss sniping" as a problem, so here's a few ideas, starting cheap and moving up. :)

How about giving world bosses a custom buff of invulnerability or something sick like +250% dmg and +500% HP for, say, 45 min after spawning? Or how about having a message in the corresponding regions that announces that the boss will spawn within the next two hours (e.g. "A blue dragon looms in the distance" can be displayed as a message in Northern Kalimdor regions; Kazzak can announce himself in advance with a /yell in the nearby regions.) One can even be more subtle and simply spawn a dragon in the sky, make it fly a full circle around an area for <1 min and despawn it. If enough people see it and report it or if a hardcore raider sees it himself, he'll know the boss will spawn soon and the guild can start assembling.

Either way, you lads can then all meet there and fight it out if you want the boss. Show me that hardcore dedication. Massive lvl 20 alts are a joke and you should feel ashamed.

However, the population is kinda low and I am not sure what the faction balance is on this server. If it's too lopsided, it might be too unfair to one side to have PvP decide it.

Last edited:
How about giving world bosses a custom buff of invulnerability or something sick like +250% dmg and +500% HP for, say, 45 min after spawning? Or how about having a message in the corresponding regions that announces that the boss will spawn within the next two hours (e.g. "A blue dragon looms in the distance" can be displayed as a message in Northern Kalimdor regions; Kazzak can announce himself in advance with a /yell in the nearby regions.) One can even be more subtle and simply spawn a dragon in the sky, make it fly a full circle around an area for <1 min and despawn it. If enough people see it and report it or if a hardcore raider sees it himself, he'll know the boss will spawn soon and the guild can start assembling.

I think you are missing the point of worldbosses. NOT knowing when the spawn happens is already part of the fight. It can happen at any time and a dedicated guild WILL try to snipe it. It would be missing the point entirely if you just announce or even pre indicate the world boss spawn to the minute. (Which would in the end only favor the stronger faction on the server because they could simply overwhelm the other side in the end) So according to your logic the devs should also "buff" the less populated faction so they get a "fair shot" at the worldboss too? Why this obsession with leveling out the playing field? World bosses are random and therefore unfair by nature If some hardcore players decide to camp with their mains and alts the world boss spawns for days and stand ready in skype at 4AM in the morning, let them have it for gods sake. Dont expect worldbosses to be pandered to your special needs. If you are willing to put in the effort, join guilds who are playing in such a way that makes world boss kills possible, but dont expect the design of worldbosses to be changed to make em "fair" for the general population. There is a time and place for everyone here on Kronos. Find peace and enjoyment in the things you can and want to do here and let other players live in their own worldboss-sniping-at-4AM-part of kronos

However, the population is kinda low and I am not sure what the faction balance is on this server. If it's too lopsided, it might be too unfair to one side to have PvP decide it.

Worldbosses will always be loopsided one way or the other, thats the whole reason for having contested bosses in the first place. Desperately trying to level out the playing field to the lowest common denominator is a poison that has already slowly killed the retail version of this game

Last edited:
I did not have a precise countdown in mind, more of a "window" that is not at all 100% predictable. E.g. the "dragon sighted" idea might lead to an actual spawn only some of the time. I had the "buff a faction" idea in mind, but I see no simple and fair way to implement that. I wouldn't buff a weaker side, but if someone was to finish the Azshara PvP project and grant a buff to the winner side, that would be interesting regarding Azu, for example.

Anyway, I see what you mean, but I have to say that having a few hundred characters all over the world is also missing the point. Much more so, in my book.

And it's not about leveling the playing field, it's that there are more interesting ways to get a boss kill than the, frankly, retarded method of worldboss-sniping-at-4AM. No offense meant.

Last edited:
Well, now there is a sign when boss spawns - You can track his kill on boss kills on twinhead, you know that respawn is 6-7 days so you can calculate when possible spawn time begins and when boss should certainly spawn if he didn't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom