• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Emerald Dragons Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about people who sit in zone on their main characters for hours watching for spawns? [...] What about guilds that have an entire raid in zone waiting? [...] Are these people more deserving? Or is it the people who sit on level 1 spies while their main is afk in Ironforge peacocking on a cart?

The people who manage to get to and kill the boss fastest are the most deserving. Having your guild log out / AFK in the zone is probably the best way to this, but not always viable (people usually want to do something else with their free time). We (too?) AFK in spawnzones whenever possible.

I don't really know what you want to convey with this post, if you have your raid formed and placed in the zone surely you will be faster with engaging and killing than us right? Shouldn't you be happy about those who are AFK in Ironforge?

If you do indeed put in this effort then more power to you, you will surely get some kills soon. This topic is about the spawnsystem for Emerald Dragons though, a discussion about strategies for getting to and killing World Bosses in general is best held elsewhere.

(it's become a running joke in my guild that it's pointless to chase Hagson because he will second client while auto running).
This is just baseless shitslinging

If words don't do the trick, maybe this'll make you feel better.

[video=youtube;gIuotFZnBtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk[/video]

So basically everything other guilds do, its an abuse, hack or cheat, needs to be reported, because we are nothing but dirt beneath their feet(VG&Coral alliance) and cant compete unless we cheat.

Unless they do that too, than its Optimizing and should be allowed.

But ofc, they are so special that all players in this server has nothing to do, nothing to accomplish, we exist merely to attack them, thats our raison d'etre.

I wonder how long it will take before they blame Staff for letting synced log in first to get the tag.

Last edited:
The people who manage to get to and kill the boss fastest are the most deserving. Having your guild log out / AFK in the zone is probably the best way to this, but not always viable (people usually want to do something else with their free time). We (too?) AFK in spawnzones whenever possible.

I don't really know what you want to convey with this post, if you have your raid formed and placed in the zone surely you will be faster with engaging and killing than us right? Shouldn't you be happy about those who are AFK in Ironforge?

If you do indeed put in this effort then more power to you, you will surely get some kills soon. This topic is about the spawnsystem for Emerald Dragons though, a discussion about strategies for getting to and killing World Bosses in general is best held elsewhere.

This is just baseless shitslinging

You know you do it.

I was latching onto your use of the word deserve. Seeing as you are the arbiter of who deserves what on this server. I just wanted to run some hypotheticals past you.

So basically everything other guilds do, its an abuse, hack or cheat, needs to be reported, because we are nothing but dirt beneath their feet(VG&Coral alliance) and cant compete unless we cheat.

Unless they do that too, than its Optimizing and should be allowed.

But ofc, they are so special that all players in this server has nothing to do, nothing to accomplish, we exist merely to attack them, thats our raison d'etre.

I wonder how long it will take before they blame Staff for letting synced log in first to get the tag.

I don't think anyone is beneath me and I doubt the Vanguard does as well. We are just normal raiding guilds that like killing bosses. I mean if I wasn't involved in the killing I'd probably be pretty annoyed that one guild (or guild alliance) steps up and gets the majority of the kills as well but I wouldn't take to the forums and mudsling against them for no other reason than I wish I was the one involved in some of the killing.

You have to understand we bug our members every single day about world bosses. We emphasize world bosses and world boss preparedness more than anything else in our guild. I understand that isn't how everyone wants to play this game and it can be a pretty big pain in the ass, but it's the way we want to play this game. It's very very hard to see the anti-VG/CORAL sentiment as anything more than this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW7eDj_npe4

Last edited:
So basically everything other guilds do, its an abuse, hack or cheat, needs to be reported

Noone has abused, hacked or cheated. Synced has done nothing wrong in this regard, and neither has anyone else. I think the system (restarting server and causing realmfirst "competition" to be a login race) is bad and, therefore I want the system changed.

"Look at my awesome gaming PC and exact spawn point knowledge from previous edition of Kronos. Look at me always getting the tag. Look at it!!."
Just quoting this so people remember this is the post that spurred this thread again. And you are telling me that it's other people that need grow the fuck up, Asmodeus?

Not like there isn't a precedent for them trying to suggest staff/Synced collusion...
Seeing how no Synced people are "complaining" (except Roids who was probably left in the dark and is a "filthy-ex-Vanguard-summoner-addict"), it is clear to us that Synced urged the staff to make this change so you guys have better chance of getting server firsts in AQ with the emerald dragons NR gear.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
WTS real life

Hagson, your arguments don't become more valid by being oft repeated.

The bottom line is, either way this spawn works it favors a certain action being taken. Be that being the fastest to log in, where you perceive us as winning; or having the most summon alts, where I am sure anyone (including yourself, or you wouldn't keep crying for it to be changed to this way) would consider you the winner.

In the end, neither mechanic would be more or less fair to anyone, the other way it would just benefit you more. Considering this fact, which anyone except Vanguard will probably agree with me on, it would be prudent for your guild's reputation to cut the whining in the forums about 'constantly being singled out' or whatever. There's a reason for that, and part of it is the way you present your guild on the forums. In this light I would strongly advise you to forbid Ermean from posting here, because he in particular is shedding a very, very bad light on Vanguard.

I'm quite confident that the only reason people flame VG is because they have they majority of world boss kills and they are jealous and sick of seeing them succeed. The majority of you probably don't care that much about world bosses, but think it would be cool to kill some every now and then but you can't because VG is always doing it so you find reasons to hate on them and jump on the bandwagon with the majority of the other players on the server who never get world boss kills. It's childish and I think the vocal anti-VG people here really need to take a look in the mirror and grow the fuck up.

Good day :wub:

Edit: Opps, forgot to equip my Flameshield.
Can u name atleast 1 reason to people like me be jealous of vg succes(what succes tho?) . From all dragon kills i got more gear then all vg tanks together right infront of them. And rest of world kills that ur homo alliance score is just coz people sleep=) so where is teh reason to be mad and jealous for normal people? My casual guild got way more loot and kills then ur ''hardcore pro friends'' right infront of them(i talk about nightmare drakes aka usefull bosses , not azu and kazzak where people dont even need loot haha) . Maybe u just mad coz cant make use of ur lock army? haha prolly thats the reason ye . Stay mad , meanwhile we will get some more loot .
Nice try Asmo , keep licking VG balls breh u look like nice dog . Dont forget to facepalm on this post=)

In the end, neither mechanic would be more or less fair to anyone, the other way it would just benefit you more. Considering this fact, which anyone except Vanguard will probably agree with me on, it would be prudent for your guild's reputation to cut the whining in the forums about 'constantly being singled out' or whatever.

....only that it would be fair if people decided to do what it takes to get world bosses. Just because other guilds don't feel like leveling summoning alts it suddenly becomes unfair? Come on mate, where is the logic in that? You do what it takes to get the kill in a respectable manner. You don't grief or troll, but you do what it takes. If you're not prepared to do what it takes, you don't get kills. Simple and irrefutable.

So becouse VG lvled 2131515142 alts everyone should do it? Suck it harder Asmo , ur warrior maybe will join VG someday.

You don't grief or troll, but you do what it takes. If you're not prepared to do what it takes, you don't get kills. Simple and irrefutable.

"Get ready to skin if they kill it"

???

- - - Updated - - -

So becouse VG lvled 2131515142 alts everyone should do it? Suck it harder Asmo , ur warrior maybe will join VG someday.

CORAL's best dps are two Vanguard alts. I don't think they want CORAL alts.

I don't think anyone is beneath me and I doubt the Vanguard does as well. We are just normal raiding guilds that like killing bosses. I mean if I wasn't involved in the killing I'd probably be pretty annoyed that one guild (or guild alliance) steps up and gets the majority of the kills as well but I wouldn't take to the forums and mudsling against them for no other reason than I wish I was the one involved in some of the killing.

You have to understand we bug our members every single day about world bosses. We emphasize world bosses and world boss preparedness more than anything else in our guild. I understand that isn't how everyone wants to play this game and it can be a pretty big pain in the ass, but it's the way we want to play this game. It's very very hard to see the anti-VG/CORAL sentiment as anything more than this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW7eDj_npe4

haha the funny thing about that is that it's not the people complaining that you get the kills, it's always you complaining if you don't get one them. and that's a well-known fact.

In this light I would strongly advise you to forbid Ermean from posting here, because he in particular is shedding a very, very bad light on Vanguard.

no naice, you srs? we need more drama in here! :bunnymove:

In this light I would strongly advise you to forbid Ermean from posting here, because he in particular is shedding a very, very bad light on Vanguard.

People pointing out mistakes in the system and the flaws of the community are always hated and unwanted. But if no one does it, things remain bad forever.

I have yet to see anyone here give a good argument for keeping this "relog and tag" system and listing its benefits. Sadly, even the one person whom I expected to make rational statement has failed (Muneca) and tried to make a comparison between leveling more characters (free) and buying a new super-good computer (expensive).

All I see in this thread is complete absence of target audience (devs) and intrusion of people who contribute to the topic of the discussion in no way and derail it into an off-topic flame fest.

But let me address a point that Naice tried to make:

The bottom line is, either way this spawn works it favors a certain action being taken. Be that being the fastest to log in, where you perceive us as winning; or having the most summon alts, where I am sure anyone (including yourself, or you wouldn't keep crying for it to be changed to this way) would consider you the winner.

Naice, while you may see that as correct, stop for a second and think about the whole situation.

What is the Blizzlike spawn system? - They spawn randomly during a certain time frame after they are last killed.
What does that mean? - It means that quick response is required from parties interested in hunting them down and obtaining their loot.
How do I even know when they spawn? - You spy on their spawn locations obviously during their spawn time frame.
But I think that level 1 spies should not be allowed! - Fine, use level 60 characters. With so many quitters in all the guilds and so many alt characters, it's easy enough to have a level 60 rogue spying. Don't you agree?
But Vanguard is using level 1 characters, it should not be allowed!! - Because it's more convenient. If staff decide it is no longer legal, then we will use level 60 spy characters.
Ok so once the boss has spawned, what does the situation look like? - Typically it's multiple guilds rushing towards the location in order to secure the kill before competition can arrive and make things 10 times harder.
But OMG Vanguard is using lvl45 summon alts, unfair!! - Once again, until staff decides it is not legal we will be using it since it is more convenient. If they change their mind, we will use those aforementioned quitter alts and level 60 warlocks to help shorten our travel time.
But my guild doesn't want to use those alts, so how can I compete?! - Log out in the zone, have people spend more of their time establishing control. There is no way that summon alts can be faster than 20 people simply logging in already in place and killing the world boss.
But that requires people to completely dedicate their time to world bosses only, and we have other things we want to do!! - Well? Make a choice, buddy. We made ours. Want the kills or not?

Please spend some time reading the things I just listed above and tell me which part there is UNFAIR and in favor of Vanguard by design? Which one of those points are such that only Vanguard can achieve them and no other guild can? Are you telling me Synced or whatever other guild is incapable of doing any and all of those things? So how exactly does random spawn system FAVOR VANGUARD??

On other hand... Let's spam login info without any addons enabled, roughly estimating the spawn location via twinhead (and/or previous knowledge), and rely on our awesome computers and internet connections to help us log in before anyone else and tag the boss while everyone else who logged in 1 second later can just stand and watch because the way staff planned these events hasn't worked at all since the very start (no horde). And when I ask that this ridiculous system gets changed to the one above where every guild has a fair chance, and a system in which horde are actually relevant, you just reply in an ignorant way telling me I am crying. I'm surrounded by *****s.

Sadly, even the one person whom I expected to make rational statement has failed (Muneca) and tried to make a comparison between leveling more characters (free) and buying a new super-good computer (expensive).

Now don't go Sheldon Cooper on me and tell me you understood I said that in JEST... D' uh!

from the free dictionary:

1. A playful or frivolous mood or manner: spoken in jest.
2. A playful remark; a witticism or joke.
3. A playful or amusing act; a prank.

I can make rational statements as well, I am honoured that you noticed. I just had little to say on this subject except that let's remind ourselves that it's only the first few spawns that are done in this way, and it worked on the 1st, when Horde was present and we got a lot of nice fights with various guilds getting a go. in that view-light it's understandable that the devs kept it this way for the other dragons and didn't see a reason to change.

I read it, and I read it before. It still does not convince me one bit, because you cannot call for something to be made more blizzlike if you then resort to beating the system by doing something entirely un-blizzlike as in having loads of summoning alts. Yes, summoning is inherently blizzlike. It is not blizzlike, however, to have dozens of summoning alts. Level one spy alts are not the problem, every top guild had those even in retail vanilla. But the excessive use of summoning alts was never part of the game, and I am saying that as someone who played on one of the world's top five servers back in retail, where not one but several guilds were what you'd probably consider hardcore in the sense that they cleared Naxxramas, meaning they were also in the dragon game. Not even those guilds had summoning alts.

You can't call for blizzlike when it suits you and ignore it when it doesn't, that's hypocrisy at it's finest. This game is now 11 years old, people know in and out how everything works and how to game the system. A truly blizzlike experience can't be recreated.

We are talking about four kills here. Four. It's not the mechanic it's ultimately going to be, yet you complain excessively about it, and unlike this last post most of it was in an extremely unpleasant/unconstructive tone dripping of saltyness. You are totally blowing this out of proportion because for once, your guild is not advantaged. And speaking of it: No, maybe being able to summon enough players for a world boss kill no matter the time of day is not an unfair advantage. Maybe it is. It all depends on the perspective. As it stands, any world boss spawning in the dead of night is being handed to Vanguard on a silver platter, because no other guild has enough people who can afford to get up at 4 am to kill some pixels.

Those four spawns aren't being handed to you, and boom the complaints come raining. That's how it displays to most people outside your guild, and frankly that's nothing positive at all.

The fact of the matter is, the way they spawn now, every guild present has the same chance of getting the tag, contrary to how the situation would unfold if it would spawn randomly outside core raid times. That's a fact. If nobody in your raid is willing to shut down his addons for the fight because he is so hot for min-maxing his damage, that is not the servers problem but yours.

If you want to complain about something that the devs would really benefit from, complain about Taerar being easy enough to probably kill him with 10 people in his current state. If he'd been tuned properly, there might have been a chance of us wiping and another team given a second chance. If anything, that's what cost you the chance of getting the kill, not some spawn mechanic that works four times until reverting to one that favors you (not judging, plenty of people unemployed against their wishes in this economy right now).

The statement that I am complaining because my guild lost the kill is also false. I complained more than 2 weeks ago when my guild did get Lethon kill and when it became apparent that horde simply has no power to do anything, realizing how ridiculous the situation is getting. At that point I urged the staff the change the spawn system. Then yesterday few hours before the dragon spawned (and before I had any idea what the situation will look like and who will get the kill) I also bumped my complaints about the system, which were ignored.

Then after the dragon kill, when more than 300 present players could see how huge the faction imbalance on the world boss scene is and what it amounts to (login & tag), I write a post in which my frustration was obvious. What happens next is that ignorant people come and poison the thread with accusations of "salty crying" and other nonsense.

Throughout the history of the current edition of Kronos, ONSLAUGHT has been one of the only two horde parties who actually tried to achieve kills (the other were Russians in many "forms" - Friends, Arcanite Circle, etc.). Setting the spawn time to be at guaranteed time which is far out of their time zone pretty much locks them out of competition. We've had many clashes with ONSLAUGHT, some of which we lost - have we complained about being beaten by them using any legit means (lvl1 Alliance alts at Kazzak aren't considered legit, sorry)? No. Have we complained about same-faction griefing? Yes. Have we complained about spawn system which removes the randomness and balance out of the world boss spawn system when it became apparent it isn't working anymore (on Lethon's first spawn)? Yes. If that makes me an annoying complainer in your eyes, so be it. What you think of me is irrelevant.

for once, your guild is not advantaged

We were never advantaged. Anyone and everyone putting in effort and dedication (tm) were advantaged. Had you tried as hard you would have had the "advantage".

As it stands, any world boss spawning in the dead of night is being handed to Vanguard on a silver platter

Bosses spawning in the dead of night, just like bosses spawning in broad daylight, are being handed to whoever is the fastest at amassing forces, getting to the scene and killing them. If you don't care enough to do that fast enough then you won't get the kills.

"Get ready to skin if they kill it"

???

- - - Updated - - -

CORAL's best dps are two Vanguard alts. I don't think they want CORAL alts.

Just so you cannot use this excuse 700 more times in your countless hours of forum trolling and masturbating to tears with your cheeto rimmed hands...

You are assuming that my intention to our guild skinner was to stick around and ninja loot Dreamscales. Not true. We all know that assuming is bad and leads to accusations. Kind of like Vanguard "assumed" your guild mates Alt+F4 while getting camped in Silithus, later leading to a black list report. UNLESS you are a dogshit liar and summon is a 5 second cast where Khano enters screen and leaves in under 3 seconds. THEN you can accuse. Cheers.

P.S. #1 DPS Hunter Kronos.

We have tried unsuccessfully to mobilize the Horde. I have failed.

We have resigned ourselves to going into AQ40 with 0 emerald dragon drops. That is the reality and it has been a colossal waste of time and resources working with as many social connections as I have to attain any semblance of horde cooperation during any world boss kills beyond the brotherhood within my own guild. We are always outnumbered, out-logistics'd, out-played, out-positioned. Language barriers aside, morale and trust amongst horde is as low as it can be - do not expect any competition for any EU hour world boss from the horde.

Just so you cannot use this excuse 700 more times in your countless hours of forum trolling and masturbating to tears with your cheeto rimmed hands...

You are assuming that my intention to our guild skinner was to stick around and ninja loot Dreamscales. Not true. We all know that assuming is bad and leads to accusations. Kind of like Vanguard "assumed" your guild mates Alt+F4 while getting camped in Silithus, later leading to a black list report. UNLESS you are a dogshit liar and summon is a 5 second cast where Khano enters screen and leaves in under 3 seconds. THEN you can accuse. Cheers.

P.S. #1 DPS Hunter Kronos.

Click dead player. Click summon. Portal is up. Tell them to resurrect. Two people click the moment they are alive. They accept summon.

Cheers.

P.S. #1 Rage quit raid when your raptor dies Kronos.

Last edited:
You Vanguard's are pathetic. Cant you guys just pick up that shitty guild of yours and go back to where the fuck you came from? Delusional maggots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom