• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Blood Elves in Vanilla!!!

Awesome! But one last question remains, are we allowed to use those models?

Edit: Also, is it possible to change the skin and hair style with one of those tools. If yes how can I do that?

Last edited:
UPDATE

Added Gnome to Blood Elf. [DOWNLOAD]

Awesome! But one last question remains, are we allowed to use those models?

Edit: Also, is it possible to change the skin and hair style with one of those tools. If yes how can I do that?

Using these mods wont give you any unfair advantage, so I suppose it's legit. About the other questions, yes it's possible. To change the hair style of your toon you have to edit "CharHairGeosets.dbc". Changing your skin color is not that easy though, it requires quite some effort. You can either rename the textures .blp files inside "Character\BloodElf\" or editing "CharSections.dbc".

You can find many guides about reskinning on OwnedCore :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, can you give me a working dbc editor, the ones I find dont work for some reason.

Edit: Reading http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...597-guide-race-race-all-working-features.html , guess I can find my answer here :)

Okay, for some reason when I edit the dbc and replace it, the whole MPQ stops working. Im changing field 4 which I believe is the correct one, but I guess Im doing something wrong when I replace this dbc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, can you give me a working dbc editor, the ones I find dont work for some reason.

You can find a working DBC editor in this archive.

Okay, for some reason when I edit the dbc and replace it, the whole MPQ stops working. Im changing field 4 which I believe is the correct one, but I guess Im doing something wrong when I replace this dbc.

Try to use this MPQ editor instead of MyWarcraftStudio. And about "CharHairGeosets.dbc", the 2nd column is race ID, 3rd is gender, 4th is style number and 5th is the 3D model (geoset). So try to edit the 5th column. Human race ID is 1 while 0 and 1 are male and female.

Good luck!

Okay, here is what Im doing:

1. I open MPQEditor (As Admin)
2. Open the mpq
3. Click on DBFilesClient
4. Double Click on CharHairGeoSets.dbc to get the file in the work directory
5. Open the file with your provided DBC editor.
6. Changed 5. coulmn at for race ID 1, gender 1, changing the 2 to a 3.
7. Click on Add Files in the MPQ Editor.
8. Click okay on replace
9. Close MPQ
10. Replace the MPQ in wow folder
11. Deleting wdb folder
12. Starting the game.

Thing is when I change it back to 2, and insert back into the client it still doesnt work anymore. That must mean that I broke the mpq by saving it back I guess.

Edit: Okay I found the solution.
Apparently the dbc editor you provided, was saving the files wrongly. Also the mpq editor did not replace the files correctly. Therefore I tried to use a different dbc editor from wow AC (the one I used when I was working on the cata core :p). Then Open My warcraftstudio from your downloaded files and remove the old file. Afterwards import your edited file.

I managed to change it now the way I like it <3

SNpX7T6.jpg

Love it a lot <3
Thank you for helping me so much!

cheers!

Edit2: Thats the editor: http://www.ac-web.org/forums/showthread.php?74919-DBC-Editor

Last edited:
Quick question - if I were to do Human --> BE, would every human I come across be a bloodelf, or just my character?

Also, would this work on a TBC server?

Followed your guide to Do an undead swap Hopefully it works! Thanks for posting.

EDIT: I followed your guide and even did it 2-3 times but i couldn't get it to work with undead all it did was apply a texture to the skin any ideas?

Last edited:
How is the statement from the twinstar guys about these client based changes? Are they all allowed? .... sorry to ask but i couldnt find something official about it

As far as I know model editing is not allowed, but since this kind of race swapping mods are harmless (they give no unfair advantages to the users), they are tolerated.

I have been looking for ages for a orc female to night elf female model swap. Anyone here have it laying around or know of a link with it? Would be greatly appreciated. Cheers folks!

Yo man, is it possible to race change into undead? Also when you do this, does it change only your character or everything of the same previous race. ( like if you change from orc to troll > does that change all orcs to trolls? )

Yo man, is it possible to race change into undead? Also when you do this, does it change only your character or everything of the same previous race. ( like if you change from orc to troll > does that change all orcs to trolls? )

If you mean when you race change that NPCs gets affected then yes they do change to the race you picked.

Top Bottom