• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue [A] Rogues vs [H] Rogues PVE dps?

Xcz

I was wondering...
Do horde rogues deal more dmg than alliance rogues in PVE because of windfury totem being available for Horde? Is it a greater buff than paladins' bok/bom buffs?

The reason I suddenly started asking myself this is because I used to play human mage on vanilla until Chromaggus (that was my guild's progression) and I was always on top of the meters. Pve videos back then almost did not exist so I honestly had no idea how the melee dmg dealers were doing on Horde side. I see now so many recordings of horde raids where rogues are always glued to the top of the dmg meter. Was it harder to outdps a rogue as mage on horde side due to windfury totem provided by shamans? I'm genuinely curious now.

Thanks

Last edited:
Two races that got advantage over the rest are orcs and humans. To fully answer your question, use a spreadsheet, can't be bothered myself ;-)

Two races that got advantage over the rest are orcs and humans. To fully answer your question, use a spreadsheet, can't be bothered myself ;-)

You typically see horde melee higher than alliance melee. Go through http://kronos-logs.com/ and look at some of the rankings ☺

You won't always have windfury, so it's dependent on several variables

Again use a spreadsheet. Will give you the answer

Last edited:
Well there are several factors to answer you accurately
For Rogues there are things like :
Proper Rotation
Proper Energy management
Proper Threat management - especialy this! H Rogues have to look after their own threat they dont have Palas to mitigate threat so that windfury proc could mean their death
Proper Tank - Who can hold aggro

But in a ideal world where Windfury proc's whenever possible and they dont have to worry about threat and energy ye H Rogues should have an advantage over A Rogues

You won't always have windfury, so it's dependent on several variables

Again use a spreadsheet. Will give you the answer

If you are a horde rogue in a raid without windfury your guild needs to either recruit shamans or have a raid leader who knows how to organise groups.

Sword skill vs windfury and an Earthstrike equivalent attack power racial. Take your pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Proper Threat management - especialy this! H Rogues have to look after their own threat they dont have Palas to mitigate threat so that windfury proc could mean their death
Proper Tank - Who can hold aggro

If as a class with a built in aggro wipe ability you find yourself threat capped, find a better tank.

If you are a horde rogue in a raid without windfury your guild needs to either recruit shamans or have a raid leader who knows how to organise groups.

Sword skill vs windfury and an Earthstrike equivalent attack power racial. Take your pick.

- - - Updated - - -

If as a class with a built in aggro wipe ability you find yourself threat capped, find a better tank.
you forgot bom and bok

I try my best to forget Might and Kings.

Also those buffs are not strictly Alliance only.

Last edited:
Horde > Alliance, simple as that^^

Aggro doesnt matter if you have a good tank. Also you can just mind control a paladin and buff yourself as shantri said.
Addind to that, the orc racial is super good because currently there is nothing but a burst phase at this content and even if there is a phase afterwards is the orc racial superiour to the human one. Even troll is good, if you know how to use it.
Apart from that, Windfury is OP. It feels like you have it constantly up and you get lots of extra attacks, of which D2, HoJ, Sword spec usw is able to proc, resulting in more dps.

But ya, play whatever is more fun. I picked alliance because of the people I wanted to play with. Its a game you wanna enjoy after all.

Horde > Alliance, simple as that^^

Aggro doesnt matter if you have a good tank. Also you can just mind control a paladin and buff yourself as shantri said.
Addind to that, the orc racial is super good because currently there is nothing but a burst phase at this content and even if there is a phase afterwards is the orc racial superiour to the human one. Even troll is good, if you know how to use it.
Apart from that, Windfury is OP. It feels like you have it constantly up and you get lots of extra attacks, of which D2, HoJ, Sword spec usw is able to proc, resulting in more dps.

But ya, play whatever is more fun. I picked alliance because of the people I wanted to play with. Its a game you wanna enjoy after all.

Idk where you got the Horde>Alliance. Shamans have good totems , yes. are they amazing for melee because of wf? yes, duh! But realistically the totems are only effective in a 30 yard radius and are NOT ALWAYS UP, while (i believe) only helping those in your Specific RAID GROUP (example: 4 melee , 1 shaman. shaman uses wf or drops grace of air when you have 3 huntards in your group and a rogue). Also paladins have Aura's and a BUFF that are ALWAYS UP during the fight and can stack with other paladin buffs to buff your WHOLE RAID GROUP THROUGH THE WHOLE FIGHT giving a wider spread of gains across the whole group for casters and melee alike.

While i love shamans i honestly honestly believe PALADINS ARE BETTER HEALERS for the raid group as a whole and bring more to the table. Also i currently play a NE Rogue and have played a NE Resto Druid & Tauren Warrior during Vanilla. This knowledge comes from my personal experiences as a raider for BOTH FACTIONS and from reputable sources ( players who played vanilla and played those two respective classes).

TLDR; Paladins>Shamans for RAIDS . Horde>Alliance melee dps IFF in a group with WF TOTEM. Alliance>Horde Buffs (think of all the buffs paladins bring to the table).

Idk where you got the Horde>Alliance. Shamans have good totems , yes. are they amazing for melee because of wf? yes, duh! But realistically the totems are only effective in a 30 yard radius and are NOT ALWAYS UP, while (i believe) only helping those in your Specific RAID GROUP (example: 4 melee , 1 shaman. shaman uses wf or drops grace of air when you have 3 huntards in your group and a rogue). Also paladins have Aura's and a BUFF that are ALWAYS UP during the fight and can stack with other paladin buffs to buff your WHOLE RAID GROUP THROUGH THE WHOLE FIGHT giving a wider spread of gains across the whole group for casters and melee alike.

While i love shamans i honestly honestly believe PALADINS ARE BETTER HEALERS for the raid group as a whole and bring more to the table. Also i currently play a NE Rogue and have played a NE Resto Druid & Tauren Warrior during Vanilla. This knowledge comes from my personal experiences as a raider for BOTH FACTIONS and from reputable sources ( players who played vanilla and played those two respective classes).

TLDR; Paladins>Shamans for RAIDS . Horde>Alliance melee dps IFF in a group with WF TOTEM. Alliance>Horde Buffs (think of all the buffs paladins bring to the table).
Nothing of what you said is contrary to what geigerkind posted. Paladin buffs are better, but melee dps on horde is still higher.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D620 mit Tapatalk

If you look at the top DPS for chrom / nef fights its alliance human rogues, but then at this level of gear fury warriors keep the top ranks for melee DPS.

Top Bottom