• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue How strong is r14 weapons for rogue (is it worth ranking?)

UDdruid

I wonder how r14 weapons hold up for a rogue if you compare it to different tiers of raiding. If you can provide numbers (from spreadsheets with BIS gear equipped or similar) that would be awesome!

I have a bunch of friends that want to rank asap on kronos2 when we hit 60, but im not sure if the time investment is worth it if i go with a rogue.

---

Related Q:

Is 8/8 bloodfang better than any other combo of gear pre AQ? Or is any of the pvp pieces good enough to make the BIS lists?

Spreadsheet spreadsheet spreadsheet. Do the work yourselves.

On that note the bf set bonus gives roughly the same dmg as the dmf trinket, as far as I have noticed.

I wish I could pull up some r14 rogues on this server with amazing damage logs to show you but I can't.

Fills some holes in itemisation too.

There are no decent Daggers in BWL, which means you have to be swords really - GM weapons help with that.

Fills some holes in itemisation too.

There are no decent Daggers in BWL, which means you have to be swords really - GM weapons help with that.

Dragonfang Blade is fine. Why would you need more than Perdition's in a fully buffed raid setting anyway?

If you're a Dagger Rogue, you sit on Perdition's blade until Naxx. There are no upgrades in BWL or AQ40. Hence that itemisation gap filled by the GM/HL weapons I was talking about.

Dragonfang Blade is fine, untill you get a Perdition's blade - which doesn't really make it fine at all. It makes it a sub-par weapon, because if your guild is clearing BWL - they have access to Rag - which makes it not the best dagger avaliable to you, and therefor, not fine. :p

IIRC Sword Rogues pull ahead once they get CTS/MD from BWL, and this only continues when they get AQR from AQ. This is due to the lack of dagger itemisation in both of those instances.

I'm sure you're aware of all this anyway, and it has been a while since I played so I may be misremembering.

DFB > Perditon's Blade when not fully buffed and hitting crit cap, so outside of that environment, it's fine.

And you replace Perdition's with Death's Sting.

AQ40 has Death's Sting and Pugio.

True enough.

I didn't think Pugio was particularly likely to get, and by the time you can kill C'Thun - you're probably clearing Naxx bosses anyway.

hwl sword is kinda bis until KT (gressil) cos harder crits cos of 2.9 speed, which is one of slowest
if count thread where hunter was asking for pve profit from R14 (which is doubtful) and compare with pve profits rogue-wise then ye, its really profitable
but on personal opinion id say not, just get AQR. its stronker dps, but 2.8 speed. ranking is really time/effort exhausting, atleast on horde side. its not earthstrike or ironfoe/felstriker farming, its way worse
just imo you should rank up for your own dedication, if you're doing it just for pve upgrade, ull get bored at =<R10

If you're a Dagger Rogue, you sit on Perdition's blade until Naxx. There are no upgrades in BWL or AQ40. Hence that itemisation gap filled by the GM/HL weapons I was talking about.

Dragonfang Blade is fine, untill you get a Perdition's blade - which doesn't really make it fine at all. It makes it a sub-par weapon, because if your guild is clearing BWL - they have access to Rag - which makes it not the best dagger avaliable to you, and therefor, not fine. :p

IIRC Sword Rogues pull ahead once they get CTS/MD from BWL, and this only continues when they get AQR from AQ. This is due to the lack of dagger itemisation in both of those instances.

I'm sure you're aware of all this anyway, and it has been a while since I played so I may be misremembering.

Death's Sting from AQ is BiS until you get the best dagger in the game, from the last boss in the game, Kingsfall. Then Death's Sting becomes your offhand.

DFB is amazing, you're going to be using it or CHT as your OH until you get pugio from AQ.

Daggers < Swords
pre-bis -> BWL

Daggers > Swords
AQ-> Nax (Only with Death's Sting)

Last edited:
Top Bottom