• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Raids: [H] 2 h [A] Dual Wield?

heinzl2

Hey,

I saw on realmplayers that a lot of horde warriors use 2 h weapons while alliance is dual wield.
Do the horde guys also run arms spec or are they still fury?

2h is pretty much only viable for horde cause of windfury. There are arms and 2h fury specs with e.g. slam, the 2nd being better for pve.

Slam is a slight DPS boost if you're using a 2h though you have to keep in mind that you shouldn't delay a BT with slam and also you still have to maximize your free globals with hamstrings if you have time to spare before your next swing.

Also you can't be greedy with your rage and pool too much for slam usage, you will get an overpower proc on average every 15-20s so you still need to be prepared to use HS quite often rather than have the rage go to waste on full rage bar stance swaps.

Last edited:
Rambo you don't know what you are talking about, bonereavers hordeside is absolutely insane dps with windfury in the hands of a good warrior

Rambo you don't know what you are talking about, bonereavers hordeside is absolutely insane dps with windfury in the hands of a good warrior

I Believe I know what I'm talking about since I've raided with a fury warrior alot, few bosses from Naxx in retail Vanilla and upto Saphiron at Project Feenix. Have tried 2h multiple times but when in high end game raiding it comes nowhere near dual wield in dps. I used to easily put out over 2k dps at Thaddius and ~1.4kish at Patchwerk.

I Believe I know what I'm talking about since I've raided with a fury warrior alot, few bosses from Naxx in retail Vanilla and upto Saphiron at Project Feenix. Have tried 2h multiple times but when in high end game raiding it comes nowhere near dual wield in dps. I used to easily put out over 2k dps at Thaddius and ~1.4kish at Patchwerk.

You were alliance, or you had WF totem available? thats the difference

You were alliance, or you had WF totem available? thats the difference

I have always been horde. But still even at alliance DW is the way to go, no question about it. There might be stages in guilds progression where for example bonereavers edge might be ok until you progress further into BWL but it is a very small gap. Felstriker ironfoe combo takes you quite far for example.

2h Fury is at least up to par with DW in current itemization on horde side. Bonereavers Edge might even be the BiS Warrior weapon.

2h Fury is at least up to par with DW in current itemization on horde side. Bonereavers Edge might even be the BiS Warrior weapon.

The proc scales with your gear as well in a similar fashion to ironfoe. The actual dps of the weapon isn't very relevant, with BiS naxx gear and maybe world buffs too I'd expect BRE and Ironfoe to be on par with KT weapons since they scale better, rather just having a flat DPS number attached to them.

Felstriker on this server with 3% proc rate id expect to be replaced as soon as ZG(hakkar OH on a human)/BWL or AQ at the very latest.

Last edited:

You realize there's a horde warrior breaking 2k dps with bonereavers right now, and he holds every single dps record currently on the server? Duel wield may eventually pass 2h for horde, but with just BWL out Bonereavers is BY FAR the best weapon hordeside, it's not even remotely close.

Last edited:
chance on hit: your attacks ignore 700 of your enemies' armor for ten seconds. This effect stacks up to 3 times.

Slater only does good damage because he focuses on the dragons at Razorgore.

Also, Nedstark is the best dps warrior on the server (by averages).

Last edited:
To be honest, I've never been in Kronos situation where there is only content up to BWL open, but I'm still quite confident that for example nefarians axe + dooms edge / ony axe on orc warrior with edgemasters would win bonereavers edge on single target dps. CTS + maladath for humans on alliance.

The reason 2h fury is better on Kronos is because Bonereavers edge aint working as intended. It procs way more than it should and it stacks with sunder armor. It did not do that in retail vanilla.

The reason 2h fury is better on Kronos is because Bonereavers edge aint working as intended. It procs way more than it should and it stacks with sunder armor. It did not do that in retail vanilla.

This is not true. You can find many sources detailing the contrary. Pre-1.10 BRE applied a debuff and it did not stack with sunder armor, that much is true; however, in patch 1.10 BRE received a significant upgrade including giving the wielder a buff that ignored armor.

Even if that was the case, 2h fury is doing extraordinary damage with anything from Zin'rokh to Ashkandi. I just can't put my finger on why. Any other project I've played on this has not been the case, nor can I find any sources from vanilla saying that 2h fury should be the superior build.

All the people I've spoken to that used to play warrior in vanilla all agree that dualwielding was the way to go back in retail aswell, It is ofcourse quite possible that everyone back that didn't know anything and this is the first project in the last 4 years that have uncovered that 2h is truly better than dualwielding. Or maybe something somewhere is wrong, but I don't think it's BRE stacking with sunder, especially given that 2h seems to do better with a zinrokh than a dualwielder is with deathbringers.

Last edited:
+Weapon kill is broken atm as well. Gives around 41.5-43% glancing blows, but the glancing blows are only at a 0.95% damage penalty.

So horde who usually didn't get +Skill with 2h sword now don't have the glancing damage reduction (totaling about an additional 18% rage gain from white hits) and can still take advantage of windfury with even more spamming of hamstring due to the additional rage from broken glancing blows.

I was the one who made that report on the bugtracker. The extra glancing % is explained by the fact that the glancing addon did not record dodges at all which meant you got 6% more hits recorded wherein 40% of those would be glancings.

As far as I can see it has been fixed, though it needs to be tested again and Chero said that it never affected raids (I never got to test it in raids before the fix so I can't confirm or deny it, all I can say is that I noticed losing DPS by equpping edgemasters in raids for the first time and tested it outside raids on 2 targets that had the bug and 2 that did not). And even now after it was (as far as I know) fixed 2h is still way ahead.

As I said above I may just be wildly misinformed about 2h fury, and it could be that it's suposed to be top dog on horde, I would, however, like to see sources confirming this before I change my stance on believing something is wrong somewhere.

I'll admit to not knowing much about normalization, but could it possible that normalization is not affecting warriors?

Last edited:
Bugged glancing blows in conjunction with ridiculous 2h WF scaling since it's not normalized with a class that uses a resource based on damage dealt which scales on top of this would pretty much explain the problem here.

Just imagine a cleave fight where every WW connect can potentially proc WF in combination with a very efficient way to dump your excess rage via cleave.

Last edited:
Even if that was the case, 2h fury is doing extraordinary damage with anything from Zin'rokh to Ashkandi. I just can't put my finger on why. Any other project I've played on this has not been the case, nor can I find any sources from vanilla saying that 2h fury should be the superior build.

All the people I've spoken to that used to play warrior in vanilla all agree that dualwielding was the way to go back in retail aswell, It is ofcourse quite possible that everyone back that didn't know anything and this is the first project in the last 4 years that have uncovered that 2h is truly better than dualwielding. Or maybe something somewhere is wrong, but I don't think it's BRE stacking with sunder, especially given that 2h seems to do better with a zinrokh than a dualwielder is with deathbringers.

It is a combination of many reasons. Back in vanilla people simply where shit at playing is one of the big reasons for the skew. Both on feenix and Nostalrius there where 2h-fury warriors producing 1.5k dps or even more.

Top Bottom