• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AQ] AhnQiraj C'thun Realm First and First AQ40 Clear by <Synced>

Naice

Authorized
<Synced> was the first guild tonight to kill the Old God C'thun on Kronos - and subsequently, the first to fully clear Ahn'Qiraj after we killed Viscidus.

Thank you to everyone involved, thank you to everyone who participated in and donated to the War Effort and thank you to <Vanguard> for a tight race.

http://imgur.com/a/YUMDY

We'd like to take this opportunity to advertise for our recruitment:

We are open to recruiting players of any class who are willing to take their characters to the max and compete for server firsts, of which we hold all but one on Kronos.

We are especially on the lookout for:

1 Fury Warrior

1 Healing Priest

1 Mage

There's always room for players who perform at the max!

We're only considering players who are willing to put alot of effort into their character(s), who can contribute to a guild that's fighting for the upcoming server first kills, as we've done successfully for the previous ones.

Please bring a nice drama free personality and attitude. We're looking for teamplayers, not for individualists!

If all of this is you, we would be glad to hear from you!

To check us out and leave an application, visit us on our homepage: http://synced-kronos.com/

Last edited:
9 seconds. Whatever caused Vanguard to zone out at the very start was costly.

Not really - there were multiple restarts, including one during the early stages of both guild's first Viscidus attempts. Both guilds cancelled their attempts because it was obvious he wouldn't die before the restart.

After the restart, Vanguard pulled faster but we took one less shatter phase, hence this narrowest possible outcome.

congratulations to Synced, It was a tie in my eyes and I hope we all had fun doing this race eventho both guilds had to encounter some bugs (no pun intended) sadly.

The question still stands. Who will get the fastest temple of ahn'qiraj clear?

9 seconds. Whatever caused Vanguard to zone out at the very start was costly.

LETS PULL THEM ALLLL!!;!;!;!11!11 ooooh yEAH! oh wait.....RUN OUT

listening to warsong "pro's' by pulling cthun in the slowest way possible (i was still outside cthun room when first dark glare hit even) rekt us hard it seems.

All in all it was exciting, but only talking about the race itself here, the bugs were unexcusable really; Skreram nuking raid with 10000 arcane explosions wipping a lot of ppls buffs, fankriss mobs being untargetable and unkillable, same with twins trash, twins aggro not being reset on teleport, come on guys athairne the townsfool did better than that.

It felt like a PTR test for Kronos II

still, gz b o y s

Gz to both guilds! If you look at the kills until huhuran, you clearly see that synced was faster but due to bugged content after huhuran, vanguard was able to catch up. Nevertheless I'd like to thank both guilds for the race. I even woke up around 5am and followed the race of restarts for a few hours. True classic feeling.

For naxx release, could the top guilds maybe play without buffs/consumables that last only until the first or second death (e.g. world buffs, zanza potions)? That would make the race a little bit fairer, because if one raid wipes and looses those buffs, the other raid cleary has a big advantage. To measure who is truly better in a fair race also includes making the risk of the other raid having the disadvantage by wiping for whatever reason non existent.

Not really - there were multiple restarts, including one during the early stages of both guild's first Viscidus attempts. Both guilds cancelled their attempts because it was obvious he wouldn't die before the restart.

After the restart, Vanguard pulled faster but we took one less shatter phase, hence this narrowest possible outcome.

After C'thuns death the race was pretty much over in my (and a lot of other peoples) eyes. We made no attempts to rush killing the optional bosses, we just killed them because they drop loot.

I agree the many restarts and unkillable twins really made the race less exciting and interesting than it should have been. GZ on realm first C'thun

congratulations to Synced, It was a tie in my eyes and I hope we all had fun doing this race eventho both guilds had to encounter some bugs (no pun intended) sadly.

The question still stands. Who will get the fastest temple of ahn'qiraj clear?

Yeah I mean when u get 1/9 bosses server first and your competition gets 8/9 (including C'thun) thats pretty much a tie.

[video=youtube;_pGlU__zu-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGlU__zu-Q[/video]

Last edited:
Even if we got server first in all of the fights, I wouldn't consider it a success since the actual instance was such a clusterfuck, it wouldn't have been fair for all involved. The only fight that didn't have glaring issues was C'thun funnily enough.

Although really, at the end of the day, we're being provided a free product, so from that perspective, assuming the hotfixes continue to roll in, it was good enough. Let's just hope they do a better job of it for Naxx.

Yeah I mean when u get 1/9 bosses server first and your competition gets 8/9 (including C'thun) thats pretty much a tie.

They won a 2 hours race by 2 minutes, so congratulations to them. They handled trash before cthun faster, be it faster pulling or skips, no idea, but they won there. After encountering so many boss bugs we didn't dare assume that eye beams would be actually blizzlike and entered the room a lot slower and more cautious since wiping there would be a disaster, and so we lost the race. So once again congratulations to them. Sincerely.

I'd love to know who you are in game DarkStorm, if you are man enough. But I suppose barking from behind a screen on forum as anonymous is easier for you.

They won a 2 hours race by 2 minutes, so congratulations to them. They handled trash before cthun faster, be it faster pulling or skips, no idea, but they won there. After encountering so many boss bugs we didn't dare assume that eye beams would be actually blizzlike and entered the room a lot slower and more cautious since wiping there would be a disaster, and so we lost the race. So once again congratulations to them. Sincerely.

I'd love to know who you are in game DarkStorm, if you are man enough. But I suppose barking from behind a screen on forum as anonymous is easier for you.

I currently play Kcell but you or your guild may know me better as Goodness. Now what?

Watching all this excitement through the forums on the cellphone I stole from my girlfriend, taking a poop and wishing fiercely I could have been in on an aq40 clear.

Miss you goody! And a lot of other dudes
Good RNG to you dudes

yo.jpg

Everyone experienced the same bugs, so everyone was even. It shows some real class to congratulate your opponent like you have, even through gritted teeth. This AQ40 race was the most fun I've had on Kronos in a very long time.

Top Bottom