• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Release] Improved Models for 1.12

Zerocool

Authorized
Welcome to World of Warcraft Improved Models mod. Azeroth new reborn state which adds a new view and more enjoyable gameplay with the update models version of the game. My point was to update the game as much as i could with the new models introduced in the latest game expansions and replace those old crusty models of the past without ruining the feel of old classic wow.

How to install:

1. Download first all 8 parts, its highly compressed with 7zip application,
  2. Put it where ever you like and extract it by right clicking the .001 file. It will give you the patch file,
  3. Move the file under Data Warcraft folder, I.e : [C:\WoW game folder\Data ],
  4. Delete your WDB cache folder [it is suggested to delete often]
  5. Balsh character models mod ! (This is the STAND ALONE version, not compatible with 1.3 version)

Video tutorial and quick view by frostadamus:

WARNING : In case you have Koward's patch, you dont need it anymore since i have already merge it with mine.

Download link to the project

So here we are after a long journey that finally ends. I enjoy it that trip to newly modding ground as WoW offers. I want to thanks to many modders from the modeling community that help me to overpass many weird things as also to learn many new things in the area of wow modding. Also want to thank in advance Koward for his awesome work in his tool. Many thanks to Nanoxo,Mumblz, Finsternis for their additions
in the texture area as also Exonis for some model fix additions to the BETA and Magnifican for the last final tests and suggestions.

That's all, enjoy Azeroth to its new look and feel!

Zerocool, Out!

Last edited:
Cheers! Now if you could make a mod that would improve spell animation only that would be great. pls.

>Me right now
1441922605699573.gif

>After Installing it
1414058220.29684.jpg

Seriously ZeroCool, AcidBurn would be totally laying you right now!

Good work to you and all the community members that helped with this patch and made it possible!

Last edited:
Astonishing. I'm gonna download this as soon as I can. Thanks for all your effort Zerocool, and since I did some mods too, I know how much work, blood, and sweat is behind this project, it really is a titanic work. Kudos.

Last edited:
Thanks for making this Zerocool. Been following you from the start and it's amazing what you have done.

I've just installed both Balsh character models (the version without Legion druid forms) and your Improved Models 1.12 patch, and I have to say that now it feels like I'm playing a new game, it's really exciting! Thanks so much to you, Balsh, Koward and all other modders, for all your effort and for sharing your work with us!

ronda.jpg

monte.jpg

I also wanted to give you a little feedback, I think I've found a graphical glitch in the Gnome/Dwarf character creation screen:

glitch.jpg

Even though I think it might be related to my crappy GPU (and overall my super poopy computer). Maybe it's supposed to render some kind of ice transparency/reflection and my GPU gives this kind of glitch?

P.S. Also you mentioned about an armor models patch; could you please tell us where to download it? :blushing:

--- Edit ---

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG PW:Shield :wub:

ram1.jpg

ram2.jpg

Last edited:
I guess lower ends might have some problems. Those video "artifacts" crated in game must cause as typical many reasons, like low end graphic card, an older driver, of course settings ( i always had my video settings max out, not those from the .ini file). You should attempt to raise everything to max and enable vertex animation shaders and recheck, not sure if this would bring you some trouble tho. Check it and would like to know what happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers! Now if you could make a mod that would improve spell animation only that would be great. pls.

Spell animations and effects are updated from WoD. Of course what ever game allowed to be update since many spells with much more particles and animations didnt work at all.:cool2:

I guess lower ends might have some problems. Those video "artifacts" crated in game must cause as typical many reasons, like low end graphic card, an older driver, of course settings ( i always had my video settings max out, not those from the .ini file). You should attempt to raise everything to max and enable vertex animation shaders and recheck, not sure if this would bring you some trouble tho. Check it and would like to know what happen.

I had Vertex Animation Shaders enabled already so it's not them; I've checked various combinations and settings and in the end I've found out what was the problem: I had to set Anisotropic Filtering to High.

I'm playing with this in-game video settings without problems, on a crappy 2008 desktop PC:

video.jpg

Now the Dwarf/Gnome character creation screen looks fine:

no-glitch.jpg

So thanks again for the hint Zerocool! And one last thing, in your opening post you mentioned about an armor models patch; could you please tell us where to download it or where to look for it? Please please please! :wub:

Last edited:
I had Vertex Animation Shaders enabled already so it's not them; I've checked various combinations and settings and in the end I've found out what was the problem: I had to set Anisotropic Filtering to High.

I'm playing with this in-game video settings without problems, on a crappy 2008 desktop PC:

video.jpg

Now the Dwarf/Gnome character creation screen looks fine:

no-glitch.jpg

So thanks again for the hint Zerocool! And one last thing, in your opening post you mentioned about an armor models patch; could you please tell us where to download it or where to look for it? Please please please! :wub:

Thanks for provding your solution, so also anosotropic count towards. Thanks mate.
Im trying to update the main post with the link about armor patch but i cant. So here is the preview, no download links yet since its WiP, tho im really half way done. Soon ill make the new post that is done.

To see the progress so far check link bellow:
Armor Patch

Last edited:
me
love
you

The only thing left is to backport various types of tier sets and it will be fully done! Well, in case you won't backport all the textures now :laugh:

Hello. I just started using this mod together with Balsh's imp models mod, and i absolutly love it.

After having read thro Balsh's thread apparantly ppl got banned from another Pserver for using it. If you just install this patch (without balsh's patch or the 4gig.exe), can it lead to banns on other servers?

Hello. I just started using this mod together with Balsh's imp models mod, and i absolutly love it.

After having read thro Balsh's thread apparantly ppl got banned from another Pserver for using it. If you just install this patch (without balsh's patch or the 4gig.exe), can it lead to banns on other servers?

In general model editing is not allowed even on private servers, becouse it might be used to exploit the game. But in this case we're just talking about replacing skins and 3D models, so it doesn't really give you any kind of unfair advantage in game. So I guess this kind of model editing is tolerated, also it can not be detected.

In general model editing is not allowed even on private servers, becouse it might be used to exploit the game. But in this case we're just talking about replacing skins and 3D models, so it doesn't really give you any kind of unfair advantage in game. So I guess this kind of model editing is tolerated, also it can not be detected.

But if i were to use both of the mods that would require a custom 4gig.exe file, is that still not detecteble?

I just assumed one would have to use the exe to use both of the mods, that might not be the case.

So if you run mods that just add new "patch" files ontop of the once made by blizzard, it cant be detected and banned?

I add the 4Gb patch in case you going to use the armor patch that soon ill release as i said in the beginning. If you dont use the armor patch you aint going to have any problem with my main mod and Balsh mod. Till now with the armor patch if i suppress game with like quick logins or fast logouts or quick character change and things like that with the armor patch game might crash with memory error.

My patch can be detected and can ban you if the Devs want too. But in our server we dont have such a problem. Now in the case of Nostalrius people going to use it there might face the same problem they had before they closed, means their devs was making a far more stronger detection in the game files not allowing more than the default files to be added. Koward had same issues, he found a temporary solution and then again mods went completely off question by restricting files out of the game default.
Ill see what i can do about the other project teams, since its not only in my hand, i made this mod for me and the vanilla community. Ill be sad from one point if not get whitelisted at least for this. Only time will tell.

I finalize the armors and going to recheck them soon. Added Quel'Sellar, Mantokir's Sting, Hoodoo Bow.

Paladin
k3vGOmq.jpg

Warrior
pk0kwPN.jpg

EZBrhvc.jpg

Shaman
TwOy4RJ.jpg

Warlock
he3Hmtq.jpg

pULhejm.jpg

Rogue
RUSFsJ9.jpg