• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos I - Call of the Crusade

Pulling all the GMs and devs from K1 to work on TBC content was a mistake. With only lightsky to fix whatever problem we have, we feel abandoned. The population is dropping quickly. People have shit to do other then raid, most have resorted to raid logging and it is harder and harder for guilds to recruit from a nonexistant player base. In the past 6 weeks 5 NA guilds have died, there's like 4 left. The announcement that servers wont be merged was a huge blow as well, people are dropping off like flies knowing that K1 is headed for certain death. The lag is also worse then every with fewer people then ever...how does that even happen?

As others have mentioned, opening K2 was the biggest mistake the devs could have possibly made. The private server vanilla scene has been out for years and years now, there is failed server after failed server. No one gives a shit about MC, BWL, and ZG because most people have done it hundreds of times on different servers. People would have stayed on K1, caught up on gear rather quickly, and been doing aq40 with the rest of us.

The reason that I and many other play on this server is the scripting, its excellent. And I was hoping that the excellent scripting so far would lead to a solid Naxx experience. Naxx is the only reason I play on a private vanilla server. And with the way things are going now, there is no way in hell that K1 will exist until Naxx opens up, and if it does, there wont be enough people to recruit from to keep guilds progressing and raiding through it with standard player attrition going on.

Kronos has been grossly mismanaged, a multitude of bad decisions have been made and its going to lead to the death of K1. If K1 dies I am not taking my chances on K2. First I don't want to start over, and wait even more time to clear Naxx, and second the trust would be gone if 1 server had already failed due to gross mismanagement. Only a fool would waste their time on a proven loser. Ares the TBC server would also be out of the question for the same reason.

-Bring back the devs and GMs and fix the problems with pvp, loot issues, bugs, fix the lag, etc..
-Merge both servers ASAP, fuck ZG, fuck the war effort, fuck world dragons. People will catch up, those that stay.
-Make another 7x event that coincides with the exact date that the new nost opens up, kill them before they are a threat.
-Give us Naxx updates and ptr access, do not leave us in the dark like you guys did with AQ.
-Confirm if kronos will progress to TBC and we can keep our characters going into the new Ares project or not.

If nothing else, just merge the 2 servers.

you literally have no idea what you are talking about

holy shit!

Opening up K2 was simply the biggest mistake they could do. I don't want K2 players to go crazy over that statement, but it's simply the truth. There was just no chance that all those 10k players who tried to log in when Nostalrius went down would stick around. Most just wanted to log in and check out another server and not really play it. Others made instant decision to roll here out of anger because they lost their server and characters and 10-20-30 days later realized they don't wanna do everything all over again on for them completely unknown server and foreign community with multiple times smaller population. With 1 server there would be queue at start sure, but soon enough all those who didn't mean to stick around would stop trying to log in and things would settle down. With one server and steady 5k population + AQ people would be constantly animated and interested in the game, I'm pretty sure server wouldn't even notice much of a hit with Nostalrius reopening if that was the case. This way, just like 2 months after K2 opening, we ended up with 2 half-servers that combined didn't have high enough population to make a queue on one server and playerbase constantly dropping because neither server separately had enough activity to keep people animated. That made Nostalrius players' decision about returning or staying here easy.
Okay, you didn't realize that outcome when K2 was about to open (was a bad idea even if Nostalrius never came back due to reasons above), but why not merge now? You don't realize that population on both servers will drop to below 700-800 players at peak time (not to mention non-peak) and then huge chunk of those who stay on Kronos wont feel like logging in because population will be too low for a game like this to keep running and that will be the end? With merge there's at least a chance that the population will be 1500-2000 and with AQ and incoming Naxx, that might be just enough for server to survive at a decent level afterall.

As for K2 people who cry about the AQ gear as the rason why they don't want the merge, I really don't understand you guys. You would rather play on a dead server soon to be because of your ignorance, then on another with extra content thet might have a chance to survive? Did you even compare AQ gear to MC/BWL one before you started talking about gamebreaking difference? AQ gear is just slightly better and most classes get just few upgrades, not whole new gear and with token gearing your whole guild can have t2.5 in a month and a half. Just 3 months after AQ opening, in my guild we already have multiple paladins with full set for OS because noone needs for MS for a while now.
On the other hand, some say they want to fight for server firsts in AQ.. C'mon, server firsts on a server where 3-4 guilds are going to raid the instance (if that many at all) have no weight.. Some also want AQ mount, but to deny everyone else on getting a shot at decent server because of few individuals who want this mount makes no sense to me. On Kronos1 people had freaking half an year to farm this mount and only 40 players did it, pretty sure there wouldn't be more on K2 when majority leave for Nostalrius.

There's nothing more to say, everything has been written in this topic billion times already. For every action that staff take, the scenario and outcome are already known, it's just on them to decide what they want now. There is even experience of another server in similar situation (Feenix) that delayed, delayed, delayed the merge because of the same reasons and then just shut down when they finally did it because it was too late. I will personally keep logging in for couple of battlegrounds every day as I do now, but I'm already starting to "let it go". With each day another opportunity to save this project is gone and the closer Nostalrius reopening is, the more is lost by doing nothing like now. If nothing is done by the time Nostalrius is opened, I'm pretty sure we can kiss Kronos at playable state goodbye. In that case nothing will stop all Nostalrius players and some old Kronos ones too to instantly leave, while population boost for everyone and AQ content for K2 players might just convince some to stay.

I'm writting this as someone who wants to stay on this project and keep playing on Kronos, but if population and activity go even more down (which is about to happen if the problem keeps getting ignored and it's gonna be a big hit), I hardly see myself doing anything in the game thus probably logging in eventually.

Peace out

you literally have no idea what you are talking about

holy shit!

Any specific points you disagree with or just being contrarian like you usually are? When the servers dead and your guild is forced to reroll somewhere else you will...wait aren't you from Coral? isn't your guild dead already from gross mismanagement and an utterly corrupt loot council? I understand now why you don't see a problem.

Any specific points you disagree with or just being contrarian like you usually are? When the servers dead and your guild is forced to reroll somewhere else you will...wait aren't you from Coral? isn't your guild dead already from gross mismanagement and an utterly corrupt loot council? I understand now why you don't see a problem.

the opening statement is completely false, where did you get this idea from?
"Pulling all the GMs and devs from K1 to work on TBC content was a mistake. With only lightsky to fix whatever problem we have"

better to be "contrarian" than to spread complete falsehoods that prime people to be negative towards the server. i cannot be bothered to address your entire post but starting off as wrong and strong as you did is telling for the rest of it.

coral was mismanaged but that has nothing to do with this. i left for exactly the reasons you mentioned so you can't put that on me anyway.

Opening up K2 was simply the biggest mistake they could do. I don't want K2 players to go crazy over that statement, but it's simply the truth. There was just no chance that all those 10k players who tried to log in when Nostalrius went down would stick around. Most just wanted to log in and check out another server and not really play it. Others made instant decision to roll here out of anger because they lost their server and characters and 10-20-30 days later realized they don't wanna do everything all over again on for them completely unknown server and foreign community with multiple times smaller population. With 1 server there would be queue at start sure, but soon enough all those who didn't mean to stick around would stop trying to log in and things would settle down. With one server and steady 5k population + AQ people would be constantly animated and interested in the game, I'm pretty sure server wouldn't even notice much of a hit with Nostalrius reopening if that was the case. This way, just like 2 months after K2 opening, we ended up with 2 half-servers that combined didn't have high enough population to make a queue on one server and playerbase constantly dropping because neither server separately had enough activity to keep people animated. That made Nostalrius players' decision about returning or staying here easy.
Okay, you didn't realize that outcome when K2 was about to open (was a bad idea even if Nostalrius never came back due to reasons above), but why not merge now? You don't realize that population on both servers will drop to below 700-800 players at peak time (not to mention non-peak) and then huge chunk of those who stay on Kronos wont feel like logging in because population will be too low for a game like this to keep running and that will be the end? With merge there's at least a chance that the population will be 1500-2000 and with AQ and incoming Naxx, that might be just enough for server to survive at a decent level afterall.

As for K2 people who cry about the AQ gear as the rason why they don't want the merge, I really don't understand you guys. You would rather play on a dead server soon to be because of your ignorance, then on another with extra content thet might have a chance to survive? Did you even compare AQ gear to MC/BWL one before you started talking about gamebreaking difference? AQ gear is just slightly better and most classes get just few upgrades, not whole new gear and with token gearing your whole guild can have t2.5 in a month and a half. Just 3 months after AQ opening, in my guild we already have multiple paladins with full set for OS because noone needs for MS for a while now.
On the other hand, some say they want to fight for server firsts in AQ.. C'mon, server firsts on a server where 3-4 guilds are going to raid the instance (if that many at all) have no weight.. Some also want AQ mount, but to deny everyone else on getting a shot at decent server because of few individuals who want this mount makes no sense to me. On Kronos1 people had freaking half an year to farm this mount and only 40 players did it, pretty sure there wouldn't be more on K2 when majority leave for Nostalrius.

There's nothing more to say, everything has been written in this topic billion times already. For every action that staff take, the scenario and outcome are already known, it's just on them to decide what they want now. There is even experience of another server in similar situation (Feenix) that delayed, delayed, delayed the merge because of the same reasons and then just shut down when they finally did it because it was too late. I will personally keep logging in for couple of battlegrounds every day as I do now, but I'm already starting to "let it go". With each day another opportunity to save this project is gone and the closer Nostalrius reopening is, the more is lost by doing nothing like now. If nothing is done by the time Nostalrius is opened, I'm pretty sure we can kiss Kronos at playable state goodbye. In that case nothing will stop all Nostalrius players and some old Kronos ones too to instantly leave, while population boost for everyone and AQ content for K2 players might just convince some to stay.

I'm writting this as someone who wants to stay on this project and keep playing on Kronos, but if population and activity go even more down (which is about to happen if the problem keeps getting ignored and it's gonna be a big hit), I hardly see myself doing anything in the game thus probably logging in eventually.

Peace out

While I agree with most you said, opening K2 wasn't really a mistake imo. Back when Nost shut down K1 was literally unplayable - people was sitting in queues for hours trying to log in and when one finally got in it was lagging like hell and in worst case one would get disconnected.

Opening K2 was the best option they had at that point, however making it a fresh vanilla server with a different timeline from K1 is, what I believe, the biggest mistake they could have done.

Unfortunatly this doesn't matter anything now because it is how it is. It sure would have made merging a lot less complicated but now we can't really do anything but just bite the bullet.

We are top guild on k2, and our main raid got delayed by 1 hour today because people didn't show up.
Yes, they didnt only leave our guild, but also our server. Our core is dying together with server population and the new overhyped server isn't even up yet.

Oh my.... What an unbiased and well thought out post..... Fuck everyone on K2!!!! Obviously only K1 matters!!!! :cool2:

^^^
We know how this is going to play out in the coming months. If they make the change now the server can come out on top. Go to the other places forums. Entire guilds from K2 plan on migrating back. This has a domino effect. Once some people leave, the rest go too.

If nothing happens. Please, K2 players, ttt my post in a month or two. You're sitting pretty now...but just wait.

The thing is, merging the servers could backfire in a really bad way. There needs to be a middle ground where either K2 and K1 don't feel like they are getting screwed over in the process. The fact is, despite the nost fanboy hype, there are quite a few guilds that are staying on K2. If you straight up merged the servers, it would be a big slap in the face to the people who are staying on K2 and you would lose way more than the 800 or so people that K1 is bringing to the table. People spouting "hurr durr server merge now or else" are not constructive at all. Offering suggestions on a solution that benefits both servers is helpful. Merely demanding the servers merge is not.

I just want to ask K2 players, who are opposing this merge so much, few things.

Are you guys aware that 80% of your server is about to leave? The realm was literally made for ex-Nostalrius players and they never kept it secret that they liked it better there. You think they will stay? Population on K2 already dropped to 2k at peak time, when Nostalrius opens up you gonna be left with what, 500 players at peak time at best (both factions combined)? 200-300 during other parts of the day? And that are probably too optimistic numbers. You are acting like you're not about to receive a massive hit and that K2 will stay the same as it is now. People who ask for merge don't do it in effort to save K1 on the back of K2, they do it to try to save this project all together. K2 may be in a bit better state right now, but in a month it's gonna be the other way around while K1 wont get any better, which means that both servers will suck. Some of you understood this and agree with the merge judging by the comments, but most either don't understand or can't make peace with it and keep living in a denial that K2 will be just fine.

Next thing is, even if we ignore all dead guilds, dead PvP, dead PuG scene, dead economy, dead leveling zones, dead everything, which comes along with such low population, you have War Effort coming up. On K1 it took about half an year to collect all the materials and that was with x7 population boost + Nost refugees who were here for the last 3-4 months of it. That means that it took the players half an year to complete this event with let's say average 1.5-2k players online during that period. What do you think how long it's gonna take you to complete it when Nostalrius opens up and please don't fool yourself with some unrealistic population numbers after that happens. An year? Now add such long and exhausting grind on top of severely low population in a situation where 999 out of 1000 new players will be rolling on one of 3 Nostalrius/Elisyum servers.. How many people will be left there to even see that AQ opened?

Last edited:
The thing is, merging the servers could backfire in a really bad way. There needs to be a middle ground where either K2 and K1 don't feel like they are getting screwed over in the process. The fact is, despite the nost fanboy hype, there are quite a few guilds that are staying on K2. If you straight up merged the servers, it would be a big slap in the face to the people who are staying on K2 and you would lose way more than the 800 or so people that K1 is bringing to the table. People spouting "hurr durr server merge now or else" are not constructive at all. Offering suggestions on a solution that benefits both servers is helpful. Merely demanding the servers merge is not.

K2 Player: "What the fuck!? I can now raid ZG, AQ20 AND 40?? This is bullshit! I'm off to Nost, see you in hell, Kronos!"

Yah, that's not going to happen.

What impresses me the most is that it seems that there are only a dozen people involved who post in these threads.

where are the others ? Already left?

I was going to get back to play when i read the boost was coming, but now i see it wont. For me that have a very limited time to play it takes ages to hit lvl 60 where i aim to start PVP. Due to family life i have extremely restricted time.

So after reading all pages and seeing some very different opinion on how to solve the population-problem, I want to give in my own view!

I've worked as a marketing-manager for a small company, which tried to get on the browsergame train when most of the playerbase moved to smartphones. I feel like this is a similiar situation, because you have a limited amount of players who are willing to compete actively in an old MMO.

What I predict is that once Nostalrius is out, it will be all about numbers. Nost was so succesfull because they always showed everyone how many players they attract. I was playind there from day one and saw the playerbase getting bigger and bigger to the point where most of my RL friends who are into Vanilla-WoW joined me. Nost was so big that we were trying to get a guild running just with people we knew offline!

So if Nost returns and they keep their policy showing everyone their numbers, every other server will be dead. The only chance that the others will survive at their current state is when Nost/Elysium isn't capable of handling that amount of players, but I honestly doubt that that would happen.

Everyone who thinks this is bullshit doesn't see that this game is all about the balance of cooperation and competition. So if you want to compete with others what achievement will make you more proud:

Be the best PvPers of 1000 active players

or

be part of the top 10% of a playerbase 6k+

Don't try to tell me: Well I don't care for the playerbase as long as I have a few good friends on my realm that I can play with, thats not how the majority of players think. Even if that is your real and honest opinion you won't find a lot of people who share it.

To be honest I would say that even if K1 and K2 merge within the next few weeks, before Nost comes out, it will only get the project an average peak of 1500! As mentioned in this thread most of the K2 players will have a character on the old Nost-PvP/PvE and the only players that will stay are the ones who are tired of permanent world-PvP for resources or started playing vanilla because they heard Nost quit and they are tired of getting another character to 60!

After analyzing the situation (and I'm looking forward for opinions on this) I want to make a few suggestions to save the Kronos-Project!

The merge is necessary! (Enough said about this in this thread!)

After that I would make a second realm with Instant 60 PvP and most important no p2w! Why? Your best option of staying in the race within the numbers/population-game is to attract players who are not quite sure if the game mechanics are working so fine for a private server that they would consider to play on it but are afraid of investing a lot of time to find out it doesn't match their expectations.

If you have a family with kids, your freetime is the most valuable thing you have. You won't waste it on a private server which is "too buggy" for you! Now all of the hardcore gamers can come out of their dungeon and tell me that leveling to 60 is part of the game and so on, but I've done it plenty of times on retail and private and it is no fun for me at all. What I enjoy the most in vanilla is 40vs40 Alterac or good old world pvp!

See it as a opportunity to show a big number of possible players how awesome your scripts work! Even if only 10% of the players of the instant-PvP-realm decide to play on the real Kronos realm you tried to help your community! I would say it would even decrease 3rd-Party online shops for gold, leveling or botting since the players who are willing to pay for that kind of stuff are rolling on the instant realm!

You could have other, non-blizzlike events, like speedrunning a dungeon. Imagine more than 30 raids who are trying to finish a 40-man-raid in a real time competition!

I know what a lot of players will think: We want vanilla WoW how it was back in the day and nothing else. Thats fine, you have plenty of options of private servers. Choose one and be happy, but for the kronos-project I would suggest to back out on the numbers game and try to get along on your own! The instant 60 realm or the speedrunning are just a few simple suggestions.

You have fine working scripts, you are smart enough to code - why don't you take the final step and get away from the race which will have no winners, only losers! Try to make it your own game!

Think outside the box!

With all the best wishes,

RoMyX

^^^
Kronos have the advantage over Nost in that they're ahead in content. We're assuming Naxx is quite far ahead in development also since they have it on other Kronos servers. Kronos just needs pop to thrive from here on. The options should be 1) Go back to Nost with a monster pop....but more lag and the same raids you've been running for years, or 2) Stay here with a merged good pop, less lag (in comparison) and Naxx. Lots of us want to see the end game for once.

This guy gets it. You can't compete with Nos, the hypetrain is way too big, people will go there because their friends are there and whenever someone talks about vanilla wow, the name nostalrius will be said.

At this point it's about adapting, there are other things you can do to get players to your project. Kronos is at this point offering AQ40 which no other project is, and with Naxxramas being launched soon, that would force everyone who wants to do that raid to Kronos. You have to differ from Nos in some way.

Granted that servers are merged and there is a decent population. Otherwise it doesn't matter if you have PERFECT Naxxramas scripts, if there are 200 players on the server it's still not attractive.

But, we've seen this exact thing happen before with Feenix. Declining population, players asking for a merge for months, admins denying and waiting. Go ahead and take a look at that project now. Same thing is gonna happen here.

At this point it's about adapting, there are other things you can do to get players to your project. Kronos is at this point offering AQ40 which no other project is, and with Naxxramas being launched soon, that would force everyone who wants to do that raid to Kronos. You have to differ from Nos in some way.

But how do you prevent everyone from raidlogging? I'm pretty sure no one would bother to play on Kronos if there is no active playerbase to fill BGs or do some World-PvP! To be honest I want to get ganked and die mutiple times when I try to farm some herbs!

The most important step is that the leadership of this project is showing everyone that they are willing to take one! No matter if that means that some players quit! I like this server and it would be sad to know that it could only exist as a filler for Nost!

But how do you prevent everyone from raidlogging? I'm pretty sure no one would bother to play on Kronos if there is no active playerbase to fill BGs or do some World-PvP! To be honest I want to get ganked and die mutiple times when I try to farm some herbs!

The most important step is that the leadership of this project is showing everyone that they are willing to take one! No matter if that means that some players quit! I like this server and it would be sad to know that it could only exist as a filler for Nost!

Easy, rather than BG weekend just have the BG's rotate every three days, would do nothin good but promote pvp and make a good pvp community.

Last edited:
About the raid logging: a big problem with low pop is the people who are already 60 won't have the desire to roll alts because there is no-one to level with. During the initial influx I, and members of my guild already at 60, went back and levelled some different characters. It was great because the zones were alive. You could level running just dungeons if you wanted to. One of the things I like doing most is gearing a new character at 60. You'd struggle to do that in the current environment. For the most part you'll just be stuck working on your main character, which will mean mostly raid logging.

I play mostly on K2 and strongly encourage a server merge. Nost comeback will all but kill K2 unless Elysium totally screws up the launch or runs into major stability issues. Since I have no characters on Nost I have no interest in migrating there, however, an MMORPG without enough other players defeats the purpose of playing it.

Yes, K1 players will have a gear advantage but so what? K2 players will have plenty of time to catch up before Naxx launch. As for the AQ-event: it will take forever to complete on K2, especially if any sort of population drain happens after Nost Relaunch. Possibly a few people will quit because they miss out on it. But most players would likely welcome the opportunity to run AQ and prepare for Naxx rather sooner than later since BWL has been on farm for long enough to look out for new challenges.

Yes, K1 players will have a gear advantage but so what? K2 players will have plenty of time to catch up before Naxx launch. As for the AQ-event: it will take forever to complete on K2, especially if any sort of population drain happens after Nost Relaunch. Possibly a few people will quit because they miss out on it. But most players would likely welcome the opportunity to run AQ and prepare for Naxx rather sooner than later since BWL has been on farm for long enough to look out for new challenges.

This

I pretty sure everyone who is interested in a good and intense AQ-Event will migrate to Nost! The staff of this project wont be able to hold any of players. I'm willing to skip it, to get one populated server that offers a decent Naxx experience since I've never had the chance to do it on retail!

Well I guess that settles it. RIP Kronos. It was fun boys.

You are entitled to your opinion, even flawed as it may be. I have been here for a long time, I have seen the server survive very well with a "low pop", and have seen the server grow by leaps and bounds. Even if some players leave to play elsewhere then that's their choice, Kronos will move on with or without them. Writing off Kronos as "rip" is unoriginal and an uneducated opinion.

Top Bottom