• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[Release] Improved Models for 1.12

Also i want to add that in case you notice something weird in the models please make a screenshot and post it so i can fix it fast. I have test the mod with much detail but might happen to missed something, so posting it will help to make a quick fix. Also bare in mind since the mod is now kinda big, DONT try to make sadden moves, like fast click logins or logouts or quick character screen change, that might cause a crash with memory error, after all is vanilla and im glad that can handle so many changes!

If you had read the topic in the 1st page you would see that im stating what you need to do in case that you find something. :wink::wink:
So yes please, report with screenshot that shows also the name of the creature and where you saw it.
There's already 4 creatures that was missed and now are fixed. Soon ill update the topic with what i fixes made and ill update the links. So gonna wait your reports too. Thanks in advance.

Greeting! This looks amazing, however I am a novice here. I downloaded all 9 files, unzipped then for the "patch-3" file. And placed it in the <data> folder. But nothing happens.

Would it be a trouble for a "install for dumbies" version? Step by step.

I also play on a mac, I don't know if that would make any difference but.

Thanks for any help!! Would love to see these new skin models in game!!

Greeting! This looks amazing, however I am a novice here. I downloaded all 9 files, unzipped then for the "patch-3" file. And placed it in the <data> folder. But nothing happens.

Would it be a trouble for a "install for dumbies" version? Step by step.

I also play on a mac, I don't know if that would make any difference but.

Thanks for any help!! Would love to see these new skin models in game!!

You have to clarify a bit the nothing happens, or post me a screenshot, from in-game. My mod is for world/craetures mostly, not Character models or NPCs. Best case to see a change is if you are alliance, go to elwynn forest and check the spiders new model or for horde in sen'jin village check the lobster model.

Ah okay. I was mostly looking at the characters log in screen and my character (in a city). And they didn't look like the screenshots or any enhancements. When I get home I will look at the creatures!

- - - Updated - - -

I've just installed both Balsh character models (the version without Legion druid forms) and your Improved Models 1.12 patch, and I have to say that now it feels like I'm playing a new game, it's really exciting! Thanks so much to you, Balsh, Koward and all other modders, for all your effort and for sharing your work with us!

ronda.jpg

monte.jpg

I also wanted to give you a little feedback, I think I've found a graphical glitch in the Gnome/Dwarf character creation screen:

glitch.jpg

Even though I think it might be related to my crappy GPU (and overall my super poopy computer). Maybe it's supposed to render some kind of ice transparency/reflection and my GPU gives this kind of glitch?

P.S. Also you mentioned about an armor models patch; could you please tell us where to download it? :blushing:

--- Edit ---

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG PW:Shield :wub:

ram1.jpg

ram2.jpg

Ah so this is something different then what you did?

Thanks for this mod! I am using it in addition to the character model mods.

Do you know why some of the mounts are blacked out? Seems to only affect epic-level mounts. The orc wolf and undead skeletal horse are the ones I notice most.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 107
Thanks for this mod! I am using it in addition to the character model mods.

Do you know why some of the mounts are blacked out? Seems to only affect epic-level mounts. The orc wolf and undead skeletal horse are the ones I notice most.

Check which mod you have from Balsh, he has made 2 versions, ONE STAND ALONE and ONE TO USE WITH MY MOD. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ah okay. I was mostly looking at the characters log in screen and my character (in a city). And they didn't look like the screenshots or any enhancements. When I get home I will look at the creatures!

- - - Updated - - -

Ah so this is something different then what you did?
Of course is different, Balsh made character model's and me change the creatures, world, spells etc. If you read in the other forum link on the Beta but also on the release changes you'll see what I change.

Last edited:
If you had read the topic in the 1st page you would see that im stating what you need to do in case that you find something. :wink::wink:
So yes please, report with screenshot that shows also the name of the creature and where you saw it.
There's already 4 creatures that was missed and now are fixed. Soon ill update the topic with what i fixes made and ill update the links. So gonna wait your reports too. Thanks in advance.

Not sure how to upload pics here so gonna upload to Imgur
http://imgur.com/a/92m8v

You should also probably delete the WDB folder if you see odd textures. I believe this has been mentioned already.

Ok, fixed those 2 creatures that been reported for not been correct. Added ALPHA tests on T3.

Raptor Boss on AQ fixed
wHPosWW.jpg

Berserk Owlbeasts fixed
VuT5ugC.jpg

Warrior T19 -> T3 [ALPHA TEST with working particles]
nEXZnTf.jpg

Mage T19 -> T3 [ALPHA TEST with working particles]
TlIdIeG.jpg

Really big problems to make them work, seems ok till now, did also Orc helmet. Trouble may find in also shoulder pieces.

Soon ill make the rest 2 bugged creatures and ill update the links.
Cheers and thanks for the reports!

T19 > T3 is really awesome if you can get it to work properly! - The latest most delicious gear released on retail made to the last most difficult tier to get in vanilla. Will be something truly awesome to strive for :yes:

I vote for the dark/bluish variation of each of them (no matter if they are heroic or normal or whatever), becuase that feels most fitting to naxx style.

That warrior helm is so damn sexy <3 But I think its actually the Death Knight T19 helmet though?
This is Warrior T19 http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/531947-warrior-tier-19.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
T19 > T3 is really awesome if you can get it to work properly! - The latest most delicious gear released on retail made to the last most difficult tier to get in vanilla. Will be something truly awesome to strive for :yes:

I vote for the dark/bluish variation of each of them (no matter if they are heroic or normal or whatever), becuase that feels most fitting to naxx style.

That warrior helm is so damn sexy <3 But I think its actually the Death Knight T19 helmet though?
This is Warrior T19 http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/531947-warrior-tier-19.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Yes this is from deathknight set, tho i found fitting also good for a replacement. Since old set look like an deathknight armor. Now warrior had many bugs that i couldn't fix, one big problem is to fix the position since with late WoD/Legion blizzard had a brilliant idea and those armor pieces now floats and aren't in the normal positions. The 2nd big problem is that they have too many particles, like 2 or 3 each armor piece . . . . im crossing fingers now that the rest of the class sets pieces wont have the issues of the warrior helmet. If they do unfortunately ill drop that set and move to Plan B to make T7->T3, since T7 was really better in looks from the side of textures.

Last edited:
Not Promising anything for rest, since is considered ALPHA, Mage Mythic T19 to T3. Till now tests shows working flawless. Fixed also gloves and boots to much T19 set.

j66pZhH.jpg

Last edited:
Not Promising anything for rest, since is considered ALPHA, Mage Mythic T19 to T3. Till now tests shows working flawless. Fixed also gloves and boots to much T19 set.

Wow that is absolutely stunning! :w00t:
I hope the rest will work out as well! No rush, got plenty of time until Naxx is released on any server anyway :)

That DK works just as well for warriors I agree, if they look better when converted into vanilla then go for it! :)

Im guessing the Priest T19 elite version wont work because of all its particles? Seems really advanced.

How about Rogue T19 mythic? Also seems tricky. This or this.

The Warlock T19 Mythic also tricky. They got those floating shoulders you mention, and helmet particles. The normal version is much simpler design, but doesnt look that good. I think Tier 7 look better personally.

The Hunter T19 pvp elite version seems pretty fitting for Naxx though, and should work in regards to particles?

I always thought the Paladin T3 was ugly as hell, the T7 as well :tongue: So if you can do anything with T19 that'd be great. Like This. or This

I mean, going purely by color only of course I think this Mythic verison looks best, but not fitting naxx.
What do you guys think? Im curious which color variation people think is best, and if you agree that "Blue'ish" is best and most fitting for naxx or if color doesnt matter. Is it ok to mix and match abit from different tiers?

Remember if you dont like it you can always switch to the other patch version MPQ without gear changes :smile:

Its all up to Zerocool in the end ofc! Im just curious what others think.

Last edited:
I have some problem with shaman totems not showing up. Totems do show up, but not strength and grace of air totems.

Made the final fixes, added Ouros new model. Soon ill update the links.
Frostsaber Pride Watcher fixed
AQkIp3o.jpg

Bug Trio wings fixed
6ejwBZ5.jpg

Ouro Cata model replacement

UDOLwGA.jpg

Last edited:
:cool2:UPDATE THE MAIN TOPIC, LINK IS UPDATE WITH THE FIXES!:cool2:

Nice but I see from main topic the following: "Drake models, Bat models went back to cata update,
Stormwind fountain and general all fountains, Lich models"

Why did drake models return? The new ones where awesome. Surely this is better than this, no?
Which did Lich models changed and why return them? And also why the fountains change? :)

Rest were great! Also very excited for the armor/weapon patch, but take your time! Time is good to get them right and also add as many as possible. Naxx wont be out soon on any private server anyway, except on Kronos 1 :smile:

Nice but I see from main topic the following: "Drake models, Bat models went back to cata update,
Stormwind fountain and general all fountains, Lich models"

Why did drake models return? The new ones where awesome. Surely this is better than this, no?
Which did Lich models changed and why return them? And also why the fountains change? :)

Rest were great! Also very excited for the armor/weapon patch, but take your time! Time is good to get them right and also add as many as possible. Naxx wont be out soon on any private server anyway, except on Kronos 1 :smile:

Cause drake models wasn't using the fly animation at all, so some drakes was lke stationary, way to bad. Fountains althought was nice in some points wasnt fitting at all, i.e westfall moonbrooks, its a deserted village and out of nowhere theres a fountain working. :tongue: :w00t:
Araj is a example that was using the model from LK, i'have started to check again tho not sure if ill update. Will see. Bats changed cause also Legion felbat wasn't flying and some people reported as a hunter pet was way to bigger than a normal catch. So i return the old cata model which is flying, is far better than the normal one and doesn't behave weird.

Last edited:
Cause drake models wasn't using the fly animation at all, so some drakes was lke stationary, way to bad. Fountains althought was nice in some points wasnt fitting at all, i.e westfall moonbrooks, its a deserted village and out of nowhere theres a fountain working. :tongue: :w00t:
Araj is a example that was using the model from LK, i'have started to check again tho not sure if ill update. Will see. Bats changed cause also Legion felbat wasn't flying and some people reported as a hunter pet was way to bigger than a normal catch. So i return the old cata model which is flying, is far better than the normal one and doesn't behave weird.

Alright.. Then I understand the drake change, too bad the animations didnt work well.
Sad to hear about Araj the Summoner. He looked really good in your update screenshot I saw somewhere. Hope he comes back :)
I know about the bats, I remember I reported this in beta test that they werent flying. So Cata models are way better.

And ye I guess the fountains doesnt make much sense then if they where the same model in both Stormwind and Westfall.

So i've been working a bit the weapons, since i've found some bugs for armors and trying to solve those, i finished weapons from Blackwing Lair. I also made an successful attempt from legion artifacts, since the have many particles its hard to make them work plus the new phys on them, for Benediction. I want to tell me if people agree for this change.

BLACKWING LAIR Weaponry

Chromatically Tempered Sword - Cata model replacement!

Ug6A8Dq.jpg

Heartstriker - Cata model replacement!

t28GPev.jpg

Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood - Cata model replacement!

5Dfz3Zq.jpg

Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight & Nightmare Blade - WoD model replacement!

aQ7wstC.jpg

dCum2Qb.jpg

d6rpBQn.jpg

Dragonfang Blade & Emerald Dragonfang - Cata model replacement!

65GEri7.jpg

The Untamed Blade - Cata model replacement!

PdD3HtQ.jpg

Dragonbreath Hand Cannon - Cata model replacement!

HDVsQXw.jpg

Dragon's Touch - Cata model replacement!

PUFy8iX.jpg

Spineshatter - Cata model replacement!

6bvDE8v.jpg

Hammer of Bestial Fury - Cata model replacement!

c5YZ4K8.jpg

Staff of the Shadow Flame - Cata model replacement!

ydx7Pnv.jpg

Shadow Wing Focus Staff - Cata model replacement!

Lhdh7SA.jpg

Staff of Rampant Growth -
Cata model replacement!

q3MJnSk.jpg

Benediction -
Legion model replacement!

u6SnUww.jpg

TaUa0Mo.jpg

FWWqSkY.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.. um.. I dont know man. Im sorry if im a party pooper but, I think changing anything in BWL, armor, tiers or weapon whatever is a bad idea because BWL had the best art design ever made I think, all across the board. Everything has a unique and distinguished model that is really cool, totally unlike Molten Core that could drop items that looked like this!

The bow Heartstriker for example had this model before. That one is very beloved nostalgia bow. The cata update is not as cool imo.

I'd love if all these changes where shifted to Molten Core and high level dungeons instead, because that content has lots of ugly loot. Blackwing lair should be left alone.

Those I vote should return to default are:
Chromatically Tempered Sword
Heartstriker
Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood (Must return pls!)
Dragonfang Blade
The Untamed Blade (Must return pls!)
Dragonbreath Hand Cannon
Staff of the Shadow Flame (Cool model though, maybe use this for something else)

Those that can stay changed I think are:
Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight & Nightmare Blade daggers.

All hammers can stay changed, they are all butt ugly in vanilla. That is:
Spineshatter , Hammer of Bestial Fury , Dragon's Touch can all stay I guess.

The two staffs: Shadow Wing Focus Staff and Staff of Rampant Growth can also stay, nice change of colors.

Then of course we have Benediction. Normally I'd say that this is way to flashy for vanilla, but because this staff is so epic and all that, I think it can stay like this. If other people also are ok with that :smile:

See if you can find lots of boring dungeon loot instead, like many of them have generic and boring appearance. From Strat/Scholo you can change into ICC models for example. And Blackrock Spire into Cataclysm models like Blackwing descent and Dragon soul raids which fits!
I think you should take into consideration the default models of the ones you are changing, like if it looks cool and unique then maybe take something else :)

Just my opinions and feedback of course. Great work regardless! As always :yes:

I'd love if all these changes where shifted to Molten Core and high level dungeons instead, because that content has lots of ugly loot. Blackwing lair should be left alone.

Those I vote should return to default are:
Chromatically Tempered Sword
Heartstriker
Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood (Must return pls!)
Dragonfang Blade
The Untamed Blade (Must return pls!)
Dragonbreath Hand Cannon
Staff of the Shadow Flame (Cool model though, maybe use this for something else)

Those that can stay changed I think are:
Maladath, Runed Blade of the Black Flight & Nightmare Blade daggers.

All hammers can stay changed, they are all butt ugly in vanilla. That is:
Spineshatter , Hammer of Bestial Fury , Dragon's Touch can all stay I guess.

The two staffs: Shadow Wing Focus Staff and Staff of Rampant Growth can also stay, nice change of colors.

Then of course we have Benediction. Normally I'd say that this is way to flashy for vanilla, but because this staff is so epic and all that, I think it can stay like this. If other people also are ok with that :smile:

See if you can find lots of boring dungeon loot instead, like many of them have generic and boring appearance. From Strat/Scholo you can change into ICC models for example. And Blackrock Spire into Cataclysm models like Blackwing descent and Dragon soul raids which fits!
I think you should take into consideration the default models of the ones you are changing, like if it looks cool and unique then maybe take something else :)

Just my opinions and feedback of course. Great work regardless! As always :yes:

I agree with you but i made this to see if people agree for some changes in the weaponry. The exception for me is that i would leave changed from the list also Ashkandi, since the only change got is the new and better textures from the old instead of a replacement, same did for Sulfuras. I agree for the 2 field corn like staves and the maces since they are ugly af. Now bow and rest yes my current idea is to have them back in the original state. Also for Benediction, just made an attempt to see how it would look, not so impressed on it. I'll see what rest of the community things for them and see form there. Original plan is Ashkandi, the mace and staves and the 2 swords, the maladath and nightmare.

Top Bottom