• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos I - Call of the Crusade

But there are other projects of certain people on your realms called guilds; small projects of their own leader teams that they dedicate(d) years of their life into managing and making them work and progress. They are the backbone of any realm and without them things become empty and most of the game loses value for the players. Now what guilds and their leaders and members need is enough members to support guild events happening - mostly raid events, and they need manpower to replace old members who quit the game from time to time. So there needs to be some balance between people who quit and people who join.

Now, the thing is, from your post guild leaders can read the following (I am paraphrasing): "Meh, doesn't really matter if people leave and population drops to an unsustainable level causing most of the guilds to disband, as long as we have some guilds remaining and keeping the raid business at top end of the game active so that realm can continue to function. We've had low population before, we can have it again and survive and go on." You don't seem to understand what this looks like from the perspective of an average raider player, or battleground player. Every guild that the realm loses plants the seed in other guilds and every additional guild that leaves shortly after strengthens it. In short term one guild disbanding typically means that a small percentage of their players joins one of the other guilds who lack members and seemingly things become okay for a short while, but thinking that way completely neglects the fact that people become emotionally attached to the group of players they spend a lot of time with and most of those players lose a huge portion of their interest in the game resulting in most of them quitting for good; Or in case of whole guilds migrating to other realms they follow their old friends elsewhere. And again, there are no new players patching up the holes so eventually we arrive at the same situation again.

Our last serious application that was not due to a guild disbanding was September 3, 2016. This is almost 2 and a half months of only receiving applications from guilds disbanding.

To sum this thread up, K1 players want something to fix the population issues. And no, a 7x event is not the solution. All that does is further destroy the economy (20 mooncloth alts? SURE thanks 7x!).

Whether you believe it or not, your population on K1 is declining, and once a server declines enough, it drops off rapidly because everyone finally gives up trying to save it.

The ball is in your court, Twinstar/Kronos.

yea its really hard to recruit members on a server with no fucking players.

dunno what davros' issue is but jesus christ. either hes delusional as fuck or wants the server to die. might be the latter considering i've never gotten his help with a ticket/issue EVER.

shits getting real fucking old. 21 pages of people saying to merge the servers and theres still no announcement. what a fucking disaster.

Writing off Kronos as "rip" isn't my opinion, it's just how it is. It's a factual statement.

I'll tell you what is "unoriginal and uneducated":
You guys made a thread asking the community about what they think you should be working on and the majority suggest that you should merge the servers. However you still haven't replied to that even though that thread was made almost 3 weeks ago, not to mention all of the threads, regarding merge, before that one.

You are saying that the Kronos pop is fine and healthy, yet I hear a lot of people saying that they will move to Nost, pvp is non-existing and guilds are dying. I haven't been online for more than a month now but even I can tell that guilds are dying. The other day I logged in to my guilds forum and I saw a bunch of applications from people that used to be in top tier guilds. How is that healthy?

You are lying to yourself and you're being too naive. It's a shame, it really is.

Quoted for truth.

"Writing off Kronos as "rip" isn't my opinion, it's just how it is. It's a factual statement." There is absolutely nothing factual about this, which makes it your opinion.

With regards to the merge thread 3 weeks ago, we have no announcements to make at this time. Gurky and Myself are members of the Admin team, but we do not have the final say (merely strong input). At the end of the day the final decision is Chero's to make. Is it possible we could have something to announce in the future regarding this? maybe, but the reason we have not said anything about it is because we have nothing to say at this moment in time.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm quite new player on Kronos. I'm playing on K1 since september. I started to play on K1 because my friends already played on K1. Currently I have 41 lvl.
I noticed the population is now lower, than when I started playing. It is really sad, world is dying. Economy is already dead. Finding a team to dungeon is hard, even in weekends. I'm playing on horde's side so situation is even worst than on alliance.
Due to my real life I don't have time to start over a new character on new server/project. I like to be here. But this is not a single player game. Population must be decent.

ADMINS - please merge K1 with K2 or allow to transfer character.

Starting to read this thread was pretty painful, although I can understand people are afraid. And fear tends to bring out the worst in people.

Let me start of by complimenting the admin team at their transparency in this matter and their attempt to listen to the plebs. Although this seemingly somewhat backfired and the part where XP events were announced and quickly withdrawn can be seen as a weak decision, but I think the reaction time on the feedback received over this was compliment-worthy as well.

The first major problem here is the definition of a "dead server". Since this isn't really defined in any way you can have endless discussions about the server being dead or dieing or not, but if noone agrees on what that actually means it just becomes empty shouting at eachother.

Is the server dead in terms of more new players levelling here and reaching 60 to fill the spots of the people quitting the game/server? Yes.
Are there enough non-60s online for people to actually form pugs for the levelling-dungeons? No.
Is this a healthy long term projection, especially considering what other server might start to compete with our player-base? No.
But is the server actually so lowly populated that guilds can't raid anymore or can't find people to fill their ranks? No.
Did we survive Nos dieing before and the server being bombarded with Chinese, goldsellers, DDOS? Yes.
Did we survive whatever mass-exodus was predicted for the retail WoW expansion? Yes.
Are we at our lowest ever population numbers? Not really.

Let's instead focus on the things that we do agree on, rather than the things we disagree on.
1. Some action is required to give the non-raiding part of the server a healthy injection, which in turn will compliment the raiding part of the server in the long term.
2. New 7x XP events are generally not seen as the best option / are in any way desirable.
3. Crying about "ded server" will just trigger people into a polarized discussion that even GMs can't rise above.

Now for me this only leaves a couple of options.
1. Merge the servers.
2. Open free transfer from K2 to K1.
3. Some complicated option where you close K2 and give the people there a character on K1 that's similar / naked / has 7x XP.

This brings a couple of questions. First of all the question of timing. Do you announce this x weeks in advance, this will allow players to manipulate the economy in some way so that's somewhat undesirable. And how long do you wait? I think some people are in some kind of limbo right now in between servers (Kronos and the new thing, Valkyrie I think it was called). I think it would a smart move to make a strong decision (see above) before this new thing opens so people can actually commit to Kronos.

We have watched this thread intensely to see how you guys want to see the project move forward, where we're falling down and what our next steps should be. We have collated this information and taken proactive steps to prepare some of these changes for release within the next week, while other recommendations have been discussed and debated among the team.

Let me be clear; absolutely nothing is off the table but timing is everything. We will be releasing details of our next steps this Sunday, with a request for further feedback on key points that have been raised by the community over the last week or so.

Until then, we actively encourage this conversation to continue but do ask that it remains a healthy and constructive one. We have done our very best to ensure that this thread sees as little moderation as possible, as we understand that everyone will have their opinion and disagreements are inevitable. We are all working towards one common goal and appreciate that it is your passion for the project and the community that continues to drive this discussion but please keep the tone as civil and rational as possible.

3 weeks to open your eyes, not that bad.

The thread is 11 days old. 11 days is 3 weeks? Us clearly saying that we’re monitoring the situation, collecting feedback and then taking action is having our eyes closed? Be sensible, please.

Reactions: dms
Nice, finally some progress. At least I'm glad that you guys acknowledge the problem. Can't wait for your solutions. :smile:

The thread is 11 days old. 11 days is 3 weeks? Us clearly saying that we’re monitoring the situation, collecting feedback and then taking action is having our eyes closed? Be sensible, please.

To be honest 11 days is quite a long time for you guys to tell us that you are having meetings about kronos I think most people assumed this. However its nice to know that we will finally have an announcement very soon.

But is the server actually so lowly populated that guilds can't raid anymore or can't find people to fill their ranks? No.

Going to also make a post on this comment because it is wrong. Another Alliance guild is no longer raiding due to being unable to fill their raids.

Actually, yes it is. Many guilds have disbanded due to not being able to fill raids, some very recently.

Easy fix, start AQ war effort right now on K2, make it stricly blizzlike, which means after 3 weeks the mats start to fill themselves in at a rate of 5%/day (it was like this in retail), making it 1 months and a half max, not the bullshit we had on K1 (6 months war effort) . Let them farm AQ for 3 more weeks, then announce a merge in January/february, voilà~~ One healthy server instead of one dead and one dying.

A merger with current content releases is a big F U to everyone that rolled on K2. The only way to do a merger reasonably is to merge the servers when Naxx content is released, or after an extended period of time where AQ is released on K2 (much more than a few weeks). Otherwise, K1 oldies have a big advantage over k2ers. If you're worried about overall pop numbers on both servers, and a resulting singular server, it's common sense to be even more concerned if you handle a merger poorly. I understand K1's concern about a low pop server, but be wise about how it impacts both servers, not just K1.

Also, I really think experience events are a bad idea for the overall health of your server. People don't play vanilla to level to 60 super fast, and if they do they don't stick around very long anyway. It really makes your server look like a shoddy funserver, and lessens the value of individual characters. Please think long term, not short term. I suspect you may see a spike in players during an exp event, but a HIGHER turnover rate in the long run by having had one. I think you will find that this has already happened.

Kronos has already made some big mistakes, but its not too late to make some good choices.
Cheers

Last edited:
So I really enjoyed this server when I came. I played Wow since 2005, heard about this server when Nost closed, never played a private wow server before, but I did Everquest ones.
At first I was playing low level 19 and 29 bgs, but then those stopped popping just as I got all geared up. Then I leveled to 60 to play those, and now those are rarely popping....

Increased xp would do nothing for me, didn't read whole thread but xp without increased gold would be a nightmare anyway...

A merge would get me playing again, right now I am not going to wait in a half hour Q to get stomped by geared premades...

Merge servers, and also implement a xp event.
Make it possible to change faction (From the most populated side to the least) not the other way around.

But gear indeed does not mean that much Labathor, War Sole came here with x7 and rarely ever lost to all bis BWL premades, naked and on 60% mounts)

Also, to all of you who spam "can't merge because K1 has AQ gear", fuck you raidloggers.

Easy fix, start AQ war effort right now on K2, make it stricly blizzlike, which means after 3 weeks the mats start to fill themselves in at a rate of 5%/day (it was like this in retail), making it 1 months and a half max, not the bullshit we had on K1 (6 months war effort) . Let them farm AQ for 3 more weeks, then announce a merge in January/february, voilà~~ One healthy server instead of one dead and one dying.
quoting this for visibility. Best suggestion I've seen yet for how to handle the war effort on Kronos 2 in a fair manner.

Just make the fucking announcement already. So tired of these games and ominous upcoming announcements. Either say something or don't. Waiting to time it to coincide with Nostalrius stress test is pathetic.

25fb8c491c8aa6fe94892ca195bf59a2.png

Davros saying your playerbase has "no respect" is a bold thing to say with the way you've treated your playerbase on K1 especially since alot of that population has been supporting you from the start but are now forced to consider other options because of the way you are handling yourself. And yes, I know many people who were here on K1 when it opened who are considering leaving, not just these "no respect" nost kiddies you referred to in your reddit post which I'm sure they won't be happy with when they read that.

Brochettes suggestion may be the sensible one, but it won't do much to stop people from leaving right now. Also I can't believe how long it takes to inform the community on how the Devs are going to deal with K1 dying. But I guess this is also blizzlike, always be ominous. :innocent:

Just for your info, that davros on reddit could be anybody. The Internet is huge. And even if it was him, he is vers precisely telling how things are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom