• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

The goddamn lag

Hi there!

Guys, once your high latency happens, can you please come to our IRC and provide us some details we will ask you for? Or send me an email?

We definately care about a smooth gameplay, and if its not smooth for some of you, we need to find out where the problem lies. We had sorted a lot of problems with our host and mostly it is really smooth. But obviously not for everyone.

Next time it happens for you guys. You can mail me directly @ jeniczek_at_twinstar_dot_cz and send me the following details. We have created a test IP and some test procedures, which should find out where the problem lies.

Without your input, we cant solve the problems. If you want a smooth gameplay, dont be shy and shoot me a mail. Its an easy procedure.

Regards

Btw for those who thinks as simple as ,,you have changed nothin during last few months, it still laggs,,

During last three months we have changed hosts and types of DDoS protection for 7 times. Almost every day, we are being hit by DDoS of sever tens of gigabits per second several times. It has never stopped. We have learned a lot, it has cost us a lot and we really think that we are almost at the perfect solution.

Obviously its still not perfect for everyone and thats we need to dig deeper and try to find which node is problematic for that specific group of you. But we cant do that without the cooperation of both sides.

We are here for you.. Without you, we wouldnt be here

This is a good answer that i can get behind. Will shoot you an email once it happens again :)

Hi there!

Guys, once your high latency happens, can you please come to our IRC and provide us some details we will ask you for? Or send me an email?

We definately care about a smooth gameplay, and if its not smooth for some of you, we need to find out where the problem lies. We had sorted a lot of problems with our host and mostly it is really smooth. But obviously not for everyone.

Next time it happens for you guys. You can mail me directly @ jeniczek_at_twinstar_dot_cz and send me the following details. We have created a test IP and some test procedures, which should find out where the problem lies.

Without your input, we cant solve the problems. If you want a smooth gameplay, dont be shy and shoot me a mail. Its an easy procedure.

Regards

What details? tracert or ping logs? Think you maybe forgot to include the details.

Also, the most baffling thing about the lag that a lot of us experience.. You can have 1 client open with no lag, and 1 client open with 7000ms, coming from the same computer. Switching accounts/characters/clients doesn't fix things either.

Hi there!

Regards

Will certainly try contacting you to try to resolve the lag issue. Thank you very much for the response:thumbup1:

What details? tracert or ping logs? Think you maybe forgot to include the details.

Also, the most baffling thing about the lag that a lot of us experience.. You can have 1 client open with no lag, and 1 client open with 7000ms, coming from the same computer. Switching accounts/characters/clients doesn't fix things either.

We dont share details thru forums for obvious reasons. Thats why I wrote in the text what to do if you want to cooperate

We dont share details thru forums for obvious reasons. Thats why I wrote in the text what to do if you want to cooperate

Thanks, I misunderstood what you wrote. I thought you wanted us to submit completed reports to you.. but had no idea what to submit. I'll reach out via email.

This thread needs to be revived. The problem persists. With other options (servers) on the horizon and lag still ruining raids/battlegrounds... can't foresee a good future. This really needs to be #1 priority of the whole administration.

You really seem to be underestimating how much lag affects everyone's nerves, patience and desire to play.

Last edited:
There's no point, spent hours writing constructive comments and suggestions, same as some others, and we can't even get a respond which address that this and some other issues even exist. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

Yep, still getting lag spikes and even server crashes.

How the hell is the server this unstable when there's only ~800 online

The silence is deafening on the lag and the K2 war effort questions. K1 NA alliance is now down to 3 guilds clearing full content from 9, and Horde is down to 1 but nope there's no population problems apparently.

I ran the PingPlotter software twice as described. One time it showed no issues, one time it showed some minor issues, but in neither case did the software accurately reflect the huge lag I was getting in-game. I tried running the software during another lag spike, but the network I was playing on at that time had the software blocked from making outbound connections (I couldn't even run it against google.com)

I've run the PingPlotter software and there wasn't any problem identified that could account for my lag either. My connection to the server is relatively stable with decent ping (~150), but it often feels like my latency is much higher than that when playing, even when I don't appear to be in the middle of any kind of lag spike.

#1 reason I turn away from Kronos after playing for a time is the lag. Great scripts and all that, but it is running on flat, bald tires.

Change host. If it's too expensive then put up a donation. I'm sure a lot of players would donate to get the server fixed within the next few weeks rather than waiting for months. This should be top priority.

Yes, I agree with most here. I would love to play here but the high latency turns me off. When I first started playing Kronos the latency was stable and normally about 50-60 less than what it is now (150 then and 200+ now). And during peak times my latency goes to a yellow link 300+. For me that is a huge noticeable difference.

I wanted to add that my latency can be around 145-155 on some other private servers even farther away.

2016 was a very bad year for Kronos. Don't give a crap about the added servers or any of that garbage. Quality of the game went way down. Yeah, there is a lot of that down to external issues (Nost destruction & flood, China invasion, etc). But it was also down to directly bad decisions made internally.

People can spin it like they want, but results are what speak volumes. Everything else is child's play.

I haven't had any gamebreaking lag in the past month aside from a select few moments. To me the game is as smooth as it was pre-nost. In the meantime I hear other people complaining about it every raid (mostly NA). I wish it would get resolved for all though.

Can we get an update from Jeniczek? Were any changes made? It's been 2+ weeks since I've had any lag issues on Kronos, and I can't recall anyone in my guild reporting any for themselves either.

Have any of you still been getting the same lag issues, or has it been fine for you as well?

Top Bottom