• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information The Next Steps

How should Naxxramas be released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree on content needing boosts, Kronos leadership always liked making the casual part of their playerbase happy and they don't want much more than to clear a dungeon and log off or go do other things. Very few want something more challenging.

On the first part of your post... so you leveled/geared too fast and felt bored so you went to Nost and it was somehow fault of Kronos? Wat...

As I said in the post, but I'll clarify, I waited weeks in PreBis at 60 for people to ding to do ubrs/raids. End of April/early May when Kronos launched EOF march, you still couldn't find many 60s to do large group content with, at least I didn't see any. Vanguard wasn't around then so you didn't see how few fresh 60s were dinging and looking for groups and stuff.

I figured it was not until June or something I'd be able to raid.

Last edited:
The funny thing is Kronos (well, Kronos 2) might gain some spillover players from Nost. At least before they get their other servers up and running. Levelling on the old pvp server looks like it would be almost impossible with amount of players coming. I think they're capping it as well, which means queues...which means frustrated players looking for an alternative. Even if they get on, every quest mob will be contested. What about the dc's that most servers face? Back of the line again?

I was thinking about this as I've been trying out K2. A lot of the talk in guild chat is from players completely new to Vanilla; asking about specs and such. Hearing about Nost got them interested in Vanilla. They're planning to go over to the other project, but I'll bet a lot of them will come back. K2 pop is just about right at the moment. For questing and doing dungeons, anyway.

The server is already bleeding players, what exactly do you think will happen if they tune the content on Kronos to Synced/Risen/Vanguard try hard level? Great idea. Let's kill the few remaining casual guilds on the server overnight.
I've always been strongly against any sort of buff from retail because most buffs end up making stuff almost unkillable for casual-style guilds and most importantly to me, pugs (especially for server health in the long run a pugging scene is nice, Risen's pug helps kronos bigtime). That was before AQ40 was released though, and I was expecting it to be AT LEAST a bit more of a challenge than it is now for ALL the guilds.

But after doing AQ40 last two weeks with our full main raid (We raided months as dual raid, 50% alts) we just nuked everything down, didnt really care for any ability, our alt runs were much more enjoyable when you account for gameplay, not healing/dps meter epeen (and EVEN then, we ignored most of abilities). 1.12 talents, knowledge beforehand etc just makes it too easy to me, even for more casual guilds, having watched some streams, even they feel bored and AQ40 should have been extremely challenging (and with that: extra rewarding) to them.

Problem is that 1.12 talents and stuff make us so much better than back then that even casual guilds will be able to neglect boss mechanics.(Even the overbuffed AQ/Naxx on feenix was pugged easily) A little boost (I don't think anyone is asking for insane boosts, Magmaddar dog trash needing a tank PER dog like on Feenix is NOT what people mean) will make sure almost every guild will at least have to take into account every boss mechanic and will get to experience naxx to the fullest.

On most bosses, a simple HP boost would be enough to get through all phases of it properly:
- More than 1 Heigan dance
- Actually have Noth go to balcony
- Gothik needing more shackles and being on both sides
- Razuvious add-health actually getting a bit low, with healers low on mana
- Patchwerk healer mana would actually matter
- Gluth proper add control needed
- Thaddius you cannot lose too many people to fails to kill it before timer
- KT actually needing to control 40% adds and stay calm instead of nukkerino
- Sapphiron actually needing frost resist (might need to increase aura dmg for this though on K1. Most important to me at this point, this boss should really require it)
- Faerlina actually needing all (and timed) mindcontrolls, not just 2/4. (and for 'casual' guilds, 3/4, even for them no nukephase with all MCed already used)
- Having to time Maexxna enrage properly if it takes 30sec instead of 10sec, think current Huhuran, total joke now, does ANY guild even prepare for 30% there atm?

And much more. Not having to worry about anything I just mentioned for 99% of guilds (because face it, REAL casual guilds don't really exist on pvt realms, there are always 5-10 ppl getting their precious buffs /flasks) would make Naxx extremely bland, and in the long run would people make them ask themselves why they would farm an instance not facing a proper challenge, and also not feeling AT ALL like back then, a time they want to relive, because naxx with small healthpools WILL feel more like wotlk than vanilla.

Last edited:
There is a difference between everyone clearing it 2-3 times and then quitting, and everyone clearing it and farming for an extended period.

Naxx is going to be easy because we will have an insane amount of gear to draw from. In retail circa 2006, you would not have this much gear equity built up. Literally almost no one had full T2.5 going into Naxx. We are rotting T2.5 pieces already.

Here is my old guild: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMOFIUQaAg

We cleared 2 wings (half of Naxx). I'm wearing Tier 1. Look at the ZG gear. Quel'sarrars. How much T2.5 do you see? None.

Last edited:
Naxx is going to be easy because we will have an insane amount of gear to draw from. In retail circa 2006, you would not have this much gear equity built up. Literally almost no one had full T2.5 going into Naxx. We are rotting T2.5 pieces already.

Here is my old guild: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVMOFIUQaAg

We cleared 2 wings (half of Naxx). I'm wearing Tier 1. Look at the ZG gear. Quel'sarrars. How much T2.5 do you see? None.
you are perfectly right. most ppl dont take into account that a slow paced timeline results in more endgame gear for all players, thus making everything way easier than originally

there are MANY factors that make it easier, yet only a minority is willing to support a compensation for it

Last edited:
okay i am going to ask it a 10th times in hope that someone from Kronos staff will read it and answer it.

Will the war effort on K2 be blizzlike or not? Will it complete it self after a while or will it be like it was on K1 ?
It took 6 months on K1 even thought there was an income of players from the 7x xp event and Nost's shutdown.

I think players on K1 deserve an answer on this so that we know if we can expect a merge in 2 months or in 6 months...

okay i am going to ask it a 10th times in hope that someone from Kronos staff will read it and answer it.

Will the war effort on K2 be blizzlike or not? Will it complete it self after a while or will it be like it was on K1 ?
It took 6 months on K1 even thought there was an income of players from the 7x xp event and Nost's shutdown.

I think players on K1 deserve an answer on this so that we know if we can expect a merge in 2 months or in 6 months...

Yes, please tell us...

imo even with the blizzlike rate the war effort is going to take a while. I'm all for speeding it up so it goes even quicker. It would appear the Kronos devs likely haven't made that decision yet, since they seem to be quite silent on the subject.

why did everyone that was pointing out flaws with the server was banned for 2 weeks :crying::crying:

imo even with the blizzlike rate the war effort is going to take a while. I'm all for speeding it up so it goes even quicker. It would appear the Kronos devs likely haven't made that decision yet, since they seem to be quite silent on the subject.

I did my research and after one month the mats are supposed to fill themselves at a rate of 3.33% day, then it can't exceed 2 months total.

I did my research and after one month the mats are supposed to fill themselves at a rate of 3.33% day, then it can't exceed 2 months total.

I really hope it will be like that because it is clear it would take a VERY long time on K2 (maybe more than on K1) considering a lot will leave to Nost.

haha like what the fuck get real guys

They have like 20k at the stress test and the Chinese haven't even arrived yet. They can't fit them all on one server. The fresh start realm won't be coming until after New Year. There will most definitely be people looking for an alternative. I chose Kronos myself originally rather than have to constantly compete over simple quest mobs. People with 60's are set but levelling is a different story.

This is all assuming the launch and core merge goes off without a hitch. That's asking a lot for any server, never mind one that size.

They have like 20k at the stress test and the Chinese haven't even arrived yet. They can't fit them all on one server. The fresh start realm won't be coming until after New Year. There will most definitely be people looking for an alternative. I chose Kronos myself originally rather than have to constantly compete over simple quest mobs. People with 60's are set but levelling is a different story.

This is all assuming the launch and core merge goes off without a hitch. That's asking a lot for any server, never mind one that size.

lmao

why did everyone that was pointing out flaws with the server was banned for 2 weeks :crying::crying:
If I was to ban "everyone that was pointing out flaws", I would have to ban like fifty people, maybe more. I banned only those who were blatantly and unconstructively slandering this server or were openly promoting other projects. No drama happening here, sorry.

[h=3]Why So Dodge?[/h][COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)][FONT=&quot]There have been concerns about the state of the competitive PvP scene on Kronos for some time, primarily due to a few imposters that insist on trying to game the system, as opposed to engaging in games that will truly test their ability. In an effort to curb this, we will be implementing a change that will apply a deserter buff to those that do not join a battleground that they have queued for and have been asked to join.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)][FONT=&quot]The hope is that this will encourage people to take on the best that their opposing faction has to offer, instead of just dominating the more casual PvPers who are there to get their weekly honor and enjoy the directly competitive side of the game.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)][FONT=&quot]This change will come into effect after the next honor update on both Kronos I and Kronos II.

So great, I waited in the bg Q for 40 minutes, went to take a leak, come back and have the deserter buff! That is not encouraging....[/FONT][/COLOR]

[h=3]Why So Dodge?[/h][COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)][FONT=&quot]There have been concerns about the state of the competitive PvP scene on Kronos for some time, primarily due to a few imposters that insist on trying to game the system, as opposed to engaging in games that will truly test their ability. In an effort to curb this, we will be implementing a change that will apply a deserter buff to those that do not join a battleground that they have queued for and have been asked to join.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)][FONT=&quot]The hope is that this will encourage people to take on the best that their opposing faction has to offer, instead of just dominating the more casual PvPers who are there to get their weekly honor and enjoy the directly competitive side of the game.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)][FONT=&quot]This change will come into effect after the next honor update on both Kronos I and Kronos II.

So great, I waited in the bg Q for 40 minutes, went to take a leak, come back and have the deserter buff! That is not encouraging....[/FONT][/COLOR]

Downlaod the addon “lazy pig“
It has a bg auto join function as long as your character dies not go afk. /lp for config

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom