• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Server Merge and Naxxramas

Unit Kronos anyway and cap the population. Easy.

Anyway, don't think that what you linked will have any impact on Elysium. Shouldn't concern ourselves with it.

Last edited:
You might want to hold off on the merge.

Kronos is about to get swamped again.
https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/35942-financial-report-february-17/

lol....if you actually read it you would see that this is their 2nd time (actually 3rd) that they have openly asked for donations. Even if a TINY % of people actually throw some money their way; a tiny % of 30k+ players is nothing to laugh at. They'll easily pay that shit off, just like they did last month.

So no, it will have no large effect. Should Kronos cap server population regardless to match what their hardware/ISP can handle? Obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol....if you actually read it you would see that this is their 2nd time (actually 3rd) that they have openly asked for donations. Even if a TINY % of people actually throw some money their way; a tiny % of 30k+ players is nothing to laugh at. They'll easily pay that shit off, just like they did last month.

So no, it will have no large effect. Should Kronos cap server population regardless to match what their hardware/ISP can handle? Obviously.

With their huge playerbase they can of course pay the bills easily. The thing is that it looks extremly shady to ask for donations that often. A lot of people are thrown off by that. It might not send masses of people to kronos, but if a few are fed up with this strange practice they might come to kronos. I rather like 100 more new players than 5k.

I agree. They have a ton of support, and I don't think they'll have any issues paying off the server costs. I think it's actually important to donate a dollar or two, simply because they obviously carry the torch of the legacy wow scene. Perhaps Blizzard will see this has potential income, if the see players are will to dish out $20 just to play the game. Thoughts?

Just a personal observation. While it may be the X amount of times they have asked for donations to help continue fund their project. It seems odd that some players would be angry at it. The alternative would be a system like ours where we don't come out and ask for donations to cover hardware payments. Instead we offer features for players such as transfers, character auctions etc.. in exchange for helping with server costs and yet, often times the Kronos project gets ripped apart for this (probably by those same people). So which method of donations is acceptable if neither methods are? Server costs to the majority of players are "out of sight, out of mind" and donations are generally not a reoccurring resource from the same player(s) (which would explain the project from having to seek further assistance). Quite frustrating from where I sit. Perhaps there is no right answer.

I am one of the minority who likes that you have the star program. It (hopefully) provides the project with some semi-consistent funding and thereby lends a little stabilty to the project overall.

People want "free" and they want "quality" those two benefits don't usually run around together.

What happens in a couple months when the population drops, funds run low and the people on the most populated realm (Elysium) start saying "Why the fuck should we have to pay for old Nost, or PVE??"

If one realm doesn't meet the target does it just shut down, or do they leech funds from the others to pay for it? Every couple of months is it going to be "Guys, our coffers are running low. Send money or the servers will have to close. You don't want to lose your beloved characters now, do you?".

To run it like that they're going to need a lot of transparency to stop accusations of corruption.

I don't see the issue with Elysium having any noticeable affect on Kronos. Perhaps a few sour apples will carry over, but not enough to consider any changes to what is already being planned by the Kronos staff. Elysium will find their funds, I have no doubt about that. However, I do not believe that they will continue to find those funds through the method they are currently going about (i.e. directly asking for donations).

I too like the Star system. While I have never used it, I see the benefits. I see nothing inherently wrong with asking for donations, as sketchy as it may seem. Servers need donations. How you go about advertising that is a bit different though. As Davros mentioned, players simply don't see this side of the coin as for the most part we aren't reminded of the fact on neither a daily nor monthly basis. It is there, we're just doing our thing.

Often times once someone donates one, in a matter of Elysium, if they continue to ask for donations over and over, it likely won't happen with the same people again and again. People sometimes donate once and feel that is enough. They may have 5k people, but I'll say a surprisingly low percent are willing to actively donate with no return of service (as with Kronos' star system). How many of those actually WILLING to donate are also willing to fork over 10-20$ every few months? People want something in return, despite the server staying alive being a return in general. Just looks better to have a system in place.

Any normal person will approve self-fund system without pay to win features such we have on Kronos. Server has to live from something and donations are very unreliable source of income. You can see that on Realmplayers' example, the guy sometimes has few donations in a day and sometimes nothing for a month. I'm sure Elysium will be fine and this won't affect their population at all, but I can see how openly asking for money every now and then without much transparency can leave a bit of bitter taste in some people's mouth. Just kids and *****s who found their hero in retards like Alexensual, who bash on anything that isn't Nostalrius, talk about Alliance characters on ugly mounts like it's something that matters at all.

"Pay to win" is the dumbest expression and is used in a derogatory fashion towards all servers who don't run the same way Nost did. I'm fucking glad Kronos doesn't have to come begging the community for money every month and has found an alternative method.

Another problem with the donation system is once people donate they expect a lot more in return.

Wien is Aq released on k2? You have said in the beginning of February. More than 1/3 of February has already past and war effort is far from being finished. Information policy: Could be better.

War Effort at 98%. Btw, I was more or less right with my prediction. Bet you feel a bit stupid now for facepalming. :tongue:

War Effort at 98%. Btw, I was more or less right with my prediction. Bet you feel a bit stupid now for facepalming. :tongue:

facepalmpride!

what is this prediction anyway? looks like opening event will be next sunday, am i right?

There're around 50 people online on Kronos I Horde. Why would I want to play there? Please merge or our server pop will be rip by Elysium.

There're around 50 people online on Kronos I Horde. Why would I want to play there? Please merge or our server pop will be rip by Elysium.
/who Only displays 50 people, it is broken on purpose. Addons such as Census(or other addons that display population numbers) do not work either as they depend on /who to be working, /who will leave out players under certain conditions.

At the moment population is only increasing, and there are far beyond 50 players. (We cannot confirm exact numbers, but both servers boast above a thousand players each day, and have very healthy population) Hope that helps

Top Bottom