• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

[AQ] AhnQiraj AQ40/Naxx Boss Spell Resistance Values

dropinfromhere

Authorized
Could a Admin/Dev give us Resist Values of bosses in AQ40/Naxx(once released) just to clear things up for the spell penetration discussion? AFAIK some PTR testers have access to these values and this knowledge is all ready available, all though no one has posted this info on the forums, link it if I'm wrong.

Also let us know if the Level Resistance (24 unavoidable resistance to all schools of magic for lvl 63 Mobs) is included in or added to the Resist Value, please.

Why? In a game where almost everything is theorycrafted, why hide one of the last pieces of the puzzle from players?

Because the puzzle isn't "fun". It matters how you gear up your raiders since lootwhores are everywhere, and it's very useful to be able to theorycraft items before they drop.

It makes no sense not to release information about this. But okay, have it your way.

Last edited:
Because the puzzle isn't "fun". It matters how you gear up your raiders since lootwhores are everywhere, and it's very useful to be able to theorycraft items before they drop.
I find it strange that no one made a research so far. Take, say, Fankriss and let one caster focus on it (meh adds) with spellpen gear and without (preferrably, with as similar other stats as possible, at least hit). I mean, K1 had so many months. Or am I missing something?

Anyway, it would indeed be way easier if devs just share the info. The only reason I can think about is - they don't know the Blizzlike values and use "just some" values. Nothing to be ashamed of, IMHO, but.

I find it strange that no one made a research so far. Take, say, Fankriss and let one caster focus on it (meh adds) with spellpen gear and without (preferrably, with as similar other stats as possible, at least hit).

While rest of the raid logs out for 1 hour while we do the testing? Can't do that without raid riot.

Even two regular fights with one caster doing the testing could shred some light I think :) Well, if raid indeed gives him like few minutes. He could do lowranked spells to have a larger sample.

How about using ptr while it is available? It is also great for weapon proc testing.
Btw I find it kind of mean to not give out this data (which takes a dev 15-20 minutes of research at most). Instead wie should do several thousands of casts on a boss doll in theramore on ptr or live to get proper and reliable data, which takes several players and several hours.

How about using ptr while it is available? It is also great for weapon proc testing.
Btw I find it kind of mean to not give out this data (which takes a dev 15-20 minutes of research at most). Instead wie should do several thousands of casts on a boss doll in theramore on ptr or live to get proper and reliable data, which takes several players and several hours.

Those dummies actually have increased resistances - they resist Thunderfury so much.

The only reason I can think about is - they don't know the Blizzlike values and use "just some" values.
100% agreed, or its completely bugged and they don't want players to know. Regardless, who cares if it's bugged, we can't find accurate values on the internet as it is so unless Kronos gets its information from a different source, how would they know the Blizzlike values? This server isn't 100% Blizzlike, were just asking for values to better prioritize gear to our casters.

I've been informed that some PTR testers can see resistance values in decimals, for example 0.2 , is this multiplied by 100 to give a spell resistance value of 20? We can only speculate.

Last edited:
PTR closed its other raids off because K2 guilds went in and practiced all of AQ40 before K2's AQ40 release. You cannot go in and test anything on Fankriss or other bosses.

But I play on K2 and, unlike many K1 players, have little spellpen gear...

hehe, I will spec PoM Pyro and wear full Enigma and fry your K2 asses <evil chuckle>

Don't worry , I am the world's worst pvp-er

They also broke the macro to check for mob/boss resistances intentionally, fuck knows why.

They also broke the macro to check for mob/boss resistances intentionally, fuck knows why.
You remember that thread where you and your guildmates complained about the lack of "blizzlike vanilla experience"?

Who knows, maybe they assumed that mystery and discovery over certain mechanics/values was indeed a part of the "original vanilla ecperience".

Attempting to cast tens of thousands of spells on a 40 man boss for accurate results is obv not feasible. wish we could get some clarity on this topic.

You like puzzles. Here's one. This piece will get you closer to knowing what the resistances of monsters are:

220px-GLOCK_19.JPG

Some diligent Warlock did already contribute. Thank you for that!
If only a hand full of players contribute each week, we will have relatively valid numbers very soon. Therefore I encourage to contribute (click the link in my previous post to see how it works)

Top Bottom