• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Kronos says NO to Gdkp

Davros

After much investigation, research, and talk, the Kronos Administration and its GM team have made the unanimous decision to prohibit “gdkp” style raids (purchase boss drops for gold rather than rolling). While this may not be a popular decision to some, the teams have made the decision in the best interest for the health of the Kronos project as a whole. Organized content of this style strongly encourage players to purchase gold in order to acquire items, and conversly encourages gold sellers to sell gold on the project. Our focus as always is solely on the health of Kronos, and its community. Hopefully most players will respect the decision that has been made by the staff, even if they do not agree.

Last edited:
I can understand this and I like it! <Risen> for example is running a random BWL with a modified DKP system and it works. Gdkp as I knew it from Warsong (Feenix), was only highly beneficial to some individuals.

Davros, what about if a guild wants to sell off an item to someone either in or outside of the guild for gold. For example, if a guild no longer had anyone that needed an item and someone else was willing to bid and pay lots of gold to come to the raid every week until the item drops. Is that still alright?

This is both good and sad news all the same.

Davros, what about if a guild wants to sell off an item to someone either in or outside of the guild for gold. For example, if a guild no longer had anyone that needed an item and someone else was willing to bid and pay lots of gold to come to the raid every week until the item drops. Is that still alright?

This has so many grey areas, a lot of people across horde and alliance, including myself have bought/sold with gold or traded mats for raid BoP loot (lets not talk about T1 BoE items) that inturns goes towards raiding guilds.

Most people I've dealt with were mainly,
-Unable to make their guilds run that week due to real life.
-Benched that week.
-Alts.

I feel this announcement is mainly more towards whole raids of GDKP style of raid bidding to reduce the risk of who ever is dealing with the sum of gold dosent go disappear or sell the large sum for real money. Once large sums of gold start traveling around it becomes harder to keep track of what gold is actually legitimate, a breach in gold selling and farmers can easily hinder the economy and effects the true value of raid loot.

To everyone, if you see that kind of news, please feel free to post it to the community subreddit. I personally got the news a day too late.

That entire place is a community effort and the Lazykujos need your help.

I am pretty sure this ban is for any kind of true gdkp raids, like the one advertised for this Saturday not guilds selling a single item . Example, we often sell the 18 slot bag drop within the guild, bidding in gold , gold goes to guild bank. I doubt anybody will have any objection against this.

Inviting strangers to your loot council guild runs, to sell them that exclusive aq40 item, that nobody in your guild needs anymore, for a hefty sum of gold is something different though... I would forbid this if I was in Davros' shoes, as this would bring the same incentives for gold buying as a regular gdkp raid.

I am pretty sure this ban is for any kind of true gdkp raids, like the one advertised for this Saturday not guilds selling a single item . Example, we often sell the 18 slot bag drop within the guild, bidding in gold , gold goes to guild bank. I doubt anybody will have any objection against this.

Inviting strangers to your loot council guild runs, to sell them that exclusive aq40 item, that nobody in your guild needs anymore, for a hefty sum of gold is something different though... I would forbid this if I was in Davros' shoes, as this would bring the same incentives for gold buying as a regular gdkp raid.

Is there a chance on a reply from the devs about this?

Funny how it was the other way around on feenix - GDKP allowed but guilds selling single BoP drops from raids forbidden (admin clarification about the latter part on Kronos appreciated). Good decision imho.

Last edited:
What promotes gold buying is the change to black lotus spawns a few months back and watching them go from 25g to 100g.

Does this mean guilds have to cease selling gear to non-guildies?

Black Lotus is going up no matter what. That's what happens at this stage in a servers life. At the other place they have the normal spawn positions; the price has gone through he roof and they're not even finished The War Effort.

Black Lotus is going up no matter what. That's what happens at this stage in a servers life. At the other place they have the normal spawn positions; the price has gone through he roof and they're not even finished The War Effort.

and gold buying/selling is rampant over there with well beyond over population to facilitate the finite herb economy

That is really dumb, borderline retarded decision in my opinion.

Why is it retarded ? Because game massively incentivizes to buy gold already, therefore incentive X to buy gold is okay, incentive Y to buy gold is not okay, because we said so is dumb reasoning.

Here are some more incentives to buy gold: Epic mount. Craftable gear. Fucking flasks. Consumables for raiding. Everything is fucking expensive. I dont know what kind of person would farm for mount, craftables, consumables etc, but then see GDKP runs and go buy gold. Im sure ANYTHING that costs gold increases chances of someone thinking buying gold is a good idea, but CMON, you have fucking twinstar character auctions where every ****** can buy farming character for him for real money.

GDKP runs are for rich fucking alts, i know most people from most top guilds play fucking 5 characters at once and have banks with few thousand gold or more. So if that guy wants to buy BRE on his warrior NR.3, thats somehow wrong ?

Its like, group of players come together and want to do something FUN together, that exists on blizzard servers, harms no one, and is completely within game rules, and you kill it. Just because. 'We dont think thats a good idea', gee, thanks mom.

If GDKP runs are shit, no one will join, if people want them and will join them, why would you not allow them?

I would understand if they were going on FOR A WHILE, and you saw actual big increase in gold buying/selling/botting and then banned them, or shared actual information/data how you arrived on that conclusion that gdkp will severely affect gold buying/selling. Maybe you have very very good reasons, but you are not presenting reasons, just decision.

Last edited:
DOnt know, why you need GDKP, you can just run PUG, but yes, you can loose roll against somebody there ....

DOnt know, why you need GDKP, you can just run PUG, but yes, you can loose roll against somebody there ....
Most players only need one or a few specific items from MC. Having GDKP means that better geared and experienced players have a reason to do MC and with a PUG (getting some gold). It's also win-win because if the item doesn't drop, or people just want to make some money (instead of farming which is done anyway), then everybody in the raid has incentive to join, and stay for the full instance.

@Davros, can we get a comment on wether or not its allowed to sell BoP items from raids, to a person, not GDKP, but celling certain pieces at predetermined prices.

Like t2.5 tokens from aq40

@Davros, can we get a comment on wether or not its allowed to sell BoP items from raids, to a person, not GDKP, but celling certain pieces at predetermined prices.

Like t2.5 tokens from aq40

This was quite common back then but prices were absurd.

Top Bottom