• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Raid difficulty discussion and thoughts

Nheme

Sharing my thoughts after reading through numerous posts about this issue on this and several other projects. (NB: I'm rambling it down as I go along, no spellchecking, weird wordings etc.)

"It was harder raiding in vanilla then now"

The reason it was harder was because we didn't know the boss mechanics (because we are comparing it to the first time we did the boss fights) and players played their classes sub-optimally.

Let me start with the main idea.

Given a hardcore progression guild we find the listed things true:
- All players have BiS.
- All players come prepared (consumables, buffs, a lot of avalible time for progression).
- Studied fight mechanics.
- All required add-ons. (ie deadly boss mods, threat meter)
- Voice chat.
- A big rooster to optimize each boss fight (they want world first, and if that means switching out a healer for extra dps mid raid, so be it).

As a player my thoughts are as follows:
- When a new raid is released, a hardcore guild should spend 4-6 resets to be able to fully clear the raid dungeon.
- When the raid dungeon is cleared by the top guilds, they should have to farm it continuosly for some time into the release of the next raid dungeon. (We shouldn't see any PuG-runs in trade chat before well into the next raid release).
- After world first clear is done, maybe 2-3 resets later a patch would nerf the content somewhat to able casual guilds eventually getting their shot at full clear also.

What would have to change to enable this scenario?
- Breaking deadly boss mods & mechanics (modifying timers of the encounters, increasing AoE range of boss abilities, increasing targets affected, etc.)
- As most players are playing their class better (ie. outputing more dps) boss health/armor etc. has to increase somewhat too.

Yes, this will make the raids harder than vanilla, but it will bring back the nostalgia in a way that makes you admire the hardcore progression guilds, knowing what hell and dedication they would have to go through to clear a raid pre-nerf.

Any thoughts on this?

- All players have BiS.
- All players come prepared (consumables, buffs, a lot of avalible time for progression).
- Studied fight mechanics.
- A big rooster to optimize each boss fight (they want world first, and if that means switching out a healer for extra dps mid raid, so be it).

I wish at least one of those were true.

- All required add-ons. (ie deadly boss mods, threat meter)
- Voice chat.
If you want a challenge, add these cheating mechanisms to your guild's must-not-have list. Then we'll see how hardcore you are.

I can agree with the add-ons, but I disagree about voice chat. This is a MMO so it's only fair that you are able to talk to the players you are co-operating with (compared to what's going on in retail atm where voice chat is not necessary to raid).

Top Bottom