• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

New Kronos III Timeline and Itemization

Chero

Kronos Administrator
Greetings folks,

Since we officially announced the release date of Kronos III, we've been inundated with questions from the community. We're here to answer two of the most frequently asked questions. What is going to be the Kronos III timeline? Is it going to have itemization? So let's get to it!

timeline-yo.jpg

From the launch of Kronos III to the release of Naxxramas, we're looking at roughly 17 months (possibly quicker, depending on community effort for the Ahn'Qiraj War Effort). Veterans of Kronos will notice the much more streamlined timeline by and large due to all raid content being already scripted. We're also happy to announce that Kronos III will start with only 8 debuff slots, unlike Kronos which started off with the 16 debuff slot that was eventually added in later patches. We'll move to the 16 slots configuration at the launch of Zul'Gurub.

We've kept an eye on patch releases to a greater extent than before. We will work under the principle of "item-gating", and not the direct "item-version-by-patch"-route. Meaning on Kronos III, items will be "unlocked" at the patch it was meant to be introduced to the game, but once it is introduced to the game it will appear in the version it was during patch 1.12. For example, some items in Molten Core will be unavailable until the Elemental Invasion patch, Azuregos and Kazzak will have new items introduced to their loot-tables with the release of Alterac Valley, many pre-raid best-in-slot items won't be introduced to the game before much much later. Players on Kronos III will experience this step-by-step release of content to a much higher degree than was previously the case on Kronos I and II.

World buffs (i.e Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer, DMF and all other world buffs currently not available in Naxxramas on Kronos) will not be available in any raid content for the first month after its release. After the first month, world buffs will then be enabled for use inside.

With these changes and the streamlined timeline, we expect raid content on Kronos III to be significantly harder.
We know you probably have hundreds of questions, rest assured we'll be happy to answer them as we get closer to the release of the server. We hope you enjoyed this update and that it helps provide more light on how we're trying to improve Kronos III.

Until next time, stay safe friends.

This is a good start, but what made you delay MC+onyxia release to 1 month into the server, the goal of rushing 60 as a guild is to manage to down ragnaros 1st in guild or in a patchwork of pickup already 60 no?

Still need to tell us about pvp itemization for this to be relevant.

Last edited:
Can you post a full list of which items that were available on K1 but will be unavailable on K3 at the respective launch, and when they will be available?

Last edited:
Nice! Cant wait to start our new journey!
As some already stated it would be cool to know when which version of pvp items will be available.

This is a good start, but what made you delay MC+onyxia release to 1 month into the server, the goal of rushing 60 as a guild is to manage to down ragnaros 1st in guild or in a patchwork of pickup already 60 no?

I agree this is a very strange decision. The goal for me on a fresh server is to hit 60 and raid in one of the first groups to do MC and Ony when these raids are difficult due to the undergeared fresh 60s in the raid. I would be curious to know why MC and Ony are being delayed.

Other than that, I'm very glad to see many things are being improved upon for K3 and its release. Can't wait.

Last edited:
What i am the most curious about would be If the plans are to release TBC as soon as possible while K3 is still early-mid progression or if the Timeline for K3 fits in with TBC releasing X months after naxx ?

I am also looking forward to the changes and how it will be releasing as everything has been fully tested once already meaning whats left is merely scraps of minor bugs compared to what was early on and raids & economy will be even more stabilized than any 1.12.1 ever was i am quite hyped.

Can we get an update on which version of PvP gear will be available at launch? This is EXTREMELY important for PvP junkies like me :p

Can we get an update on which version of PvP gear will be available at launch? This is EXTREMELY important for PvP junkies like me :p

I read through cheros post very carefully and found this part: “. We will work under the principle of "item-gating", and not the direct "item-version-by-patch"-route. Meaning on Kronos III, items will be "unlocked" at the patch it was meant to be introduced to the game, but once it is introduced to the game it will appear in the version it was during patch 1.12. “

I guess this says it all

orld buffs (i.e Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer, DMF and all other world buffs currently not available in Naxxramas on Kronos) will not be available in any raid content for the first month after its release. After the first month, world buffs will then be enabled for use inside.
Raids are first released 1 month after release so doesnt this only have an effect on dungeons ? or is the intention that the first month after a raid releases it will cleanse/disable world buffs ? lets say we are in September 2018 upon BWL release it would then only dispell/disable world buff's while inside BWL but not inside MC & Onyxia's Lair ?

Also by saying "not available" does it mean we cannot turn in for the buff's, the buffs are dispelled or simply the buff's remain but their effects are simply disabled while inside a new raid first month upon release ?

I would prefer to not introduce honor system from server start like it was on retail. so no pvp gear at all for half of a year would be great

Google brought me here when i was looking for a new vanilla server, March 31 i will be on Kronos 3 :)

I would prefer to not introduce honor system from server start like it was on retail. so no pvp gear at all for half of a year would be great
PvP dies with time and PvE progress, but yeah, please kill it in the beginning as well.

PvP dies with time and PvE progress, but yeah, please kill it in the beginning as well.
worldpvp dies with time and without BG rewards it will be alive at server start time.

Goal of "not introducing pvp rewards at server start" is to make pvp more active in open world instead of just pvp battlegrounds

worldpvp dies with time and without BG rewards it will be alive at server start time.

Goal of "not introducing pvp rewards at server start" is to make pvp more active in open world instead of just pvp battlegrounds
This and the fact the honor system came out before BGs. and BGs came out before the city battle masters.

It's doable from what I've seen with other servers. It's up to Kronos to hopefully implement the design

And everyone will start with a new character ? Or you will be able to import from other realms ? I couldn't find an answer to this, because it's so trivial, but I'm dumb, so pls answer. xd

Top Bottom