• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Seal of the Crusader whilst leveling

Caleb

Hello,

I recently started playing on Lights Hope, but after finding out its more of the same corrupt crap Elysium was, I decided I should roll Kronos 3.

On LH I played with 2 friends (warrior and mage) So I leveled up as holy (mail/plate of the eagle gear was cheap). I leveled up the first 20 levels using SoR (improved +15% dmg) since the holy dmg was not linked to my inherently low strength value.

However past level 20 I wanted to test out Seal of the Crusader and found that I killed mobs way quicker with an unupgraded SotC than with a fully upgraded SoR.

Since I plan on leveling Ret till dungeon grind prebis on K3 I was wondering if SotC was a viable seal to use whilst leveling since it keeps my mana full to deal with unexpected things such as gankers and additional unplanned pulls. I mean Seal which means I pretty much dont use Judgement, just keep the seal up.

Thanks

Last edited:
I have no idea how everything was scripted on that server but from my experience here (and without being very experienced in paladin class)

i found that SoC rank 1 is the best way to level. Maybe judgement when its about to end and before you renew it. Higher ranks only for pvp encounters.

i switched to fast 1hand and shield on later levels and used SoR instead as i had managed to grab more int/sp/stamina gear than pure str/crit/agi and didnt really want to invest in an expensive good 2hand for few levels.

SotC didnt seem any good to me at any point (fast or slow weapon).

LH is full of edited script and crap ton of change on game (hence nothing like a vanilla experience) so dont judge anything here with comparing their crappy script and codes..

Since I plan on leveling Ret till dungeon grind prebis on K3 I was wondering if SotC was a viable seal to use whilst leveling since it keeps my mana full to deal with unexpected things such as gankers and additional unplanned pulls. I mean Seal which means I pretty much dont use Judgement, just keep the seal up.
I've always oriented on what the spells tell and barely looked into logs to see how they actually work (Kronos hasn't that many defects). If you use a two-hander, then I suggest using SotC and SoR until you get SoC, after which switching to it. For one-hander it's probably the same. Just don't forget that you have other seals and judgements (light and wisdom help a lot, and every other single seal or judgement can come in handy).

Also, if you're not hardcore and don't aim for world firsts and other trash achievements, don't rush yourself. Use the strategy that suits you and go with the pace. And if you think you're too slow, find groups in your areas.

i found that SoC rank 1 is the best way to level. Maybe judgement when its about to end and before you renew it. Higher ranks only for pvp encounters.
This strategy is good enough, but I would use top rank of the spells.

Bugs should be reported on https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issues and should include a lot of details along with evidence from 2006 proving how it should function.

LH is a server with a lot of custom changes and no real bug tracker so u cannot really investigate if what they fixed is actually blizlike, here cases require solid evidence from 2006. It is easy to just make changes the harder part is investigating and confirming if things are right or wrong. You can try the ptr or search the bug tracker if youre in doubt about something ^^

And let us not forget how many features kronos has in addition... multiple rankings & overviews of battles where u can see performance & compare or spot if someone was lazy on dispels, there is also talent calc & armory & their very own wowhead imitation called twinhead so if you look at solutions or features kronos is miles ahead of any other project out there for 1.12.1.

Turns out SotC becomes more viable to use as a seal, the faster your weapon swings cutoffpoint seems to be on 2h weapons faster than 3.3 seconds. Guess it does lesser overall damage compared to SoC due to abundance of dungeon trash/bosses that can be stunned.

Though for a high population fresh server environmenment having 100% full mana whilst questing is pretty nice (since ul only pop SotC once every 30 seconds and heal after a few mobs).

I
Hello,

I recently started playing on Lights Hope, but after finding out its more of the same corrupt crap Elysium was, I decided I should roll Kronos 3.

On LH I played with 2 friends (warrior and mage) So I leveled up as holy (mail/plate of the eagle gear was cheap). I leveled up the first 20 levels using SoR (improved +15% dmg) since the holy dmg was not linked to my inherently low strength value.

However past level 20 I wanted to test out Seal of the Crusader and found that I killed mobs way quicker with an unupgraded SotC than with a fully upgraded SoR.

Thanks

I never played oh LH but during the vanilla wow (2004-2005) seal of the crusader had a MAJOR bug where the attack power component would INCREASE rather than decrease over time, thus making it the best deal for DPS.

What patch will K3 be starting on?

I

I never played oh LH but during the vanilla wow (2004-2005) seal of the crusader had a MAJOR bug where the attack power component would INCREASE rather than decrease over time, thus making it the best deal for DPS.

K3 starts off at patch 1.12.1 however content & gear will be gated to their respective patch.

If you desire to have all the mistakes vanilla had back then released in a patch-like situation ur gonna see hell and thats saying it mildly... first of all there was no anti-cheat engine in wow back then and they didnt add it until TBC and even then it was cheap ones... lets not forget the mad balance they had early on and first mastered later on through the raids... class balance was off the charts literally... heckthe gathering stones blizzard added never got fixed and only worked for a few days then they neglected them until tbc where they could c hange their purpose and simply copy paste the code from warlocks portals...

Things that where clear bugs have been solved on Kronos so don't go around hoping to use a bug that was present & overpowering during a specific patch...

I was not hoping for a bug. I meant that perhaps the bug existed on LH and that is why the original poster felt so strongly about seal of the crusader.

However, if K3 started on a much earlier patch then the bug may be present.

I

Ehm...I remember playing my pally back in retail and as far as my memory goes SoC has literally always been the go-to.

Top Bottom