• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin K3 new players duo questions

delphwind24

My wife and I have decided to give K3 a shot. We love WoW classic and played it back when it was live but we were pretty god aweful at it! We’ve decided to play a Holy Paladin and a Rogue. Questions: 1. While duoing, could the holy Paladin keep Aggie with Righteous Fury on as full 31 holy spec? Will I need the RF talent in the prot tree to hold off her? (She is Very good at playing Rogue). 2. Does healing aggro multiply when you have RF on? 3. Suggestions on a good Rogue leveling spec? I think she is leaning combat for more sustained DPS so I can keep aggro better than the burst from the other specs. 4. How are holy paladins considered as healers on K3. I ran as one back on live classic and did very well, but I recall the community was very negative against having a Paladin as a healer. Are they performing ok in leveling dungeons? Raids? PvP? 5. I recall having to wear a lot of cloth/leather while leveling into stat. Is this still the case or was I just had. I know there is decent sets for healing, but the road there is what I am concerned about right now. 6. We want to do trade skills. Currently we are considering Herb/Alch, and Mine/Engineering. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Oh god, wall of text!! I sware it was all nicely formatted when I submitted it! Forums not play nice with mobile platforms?

Nope, the new forums completely ignore formatting. 1) Yes, you can hold threat. Use 1x Consecration at the start to gain high enough threat, then it should be good to maintain it with just Seal of Righteousness. You won't need the RF talent. Before Consecration, it will be hard to hold, and as you level up, it should become easier. Either way, try to be the one who pulls monsters, that helps with the initial aggro. 2) Not sure actually. Spell desc. says "attacks", but that can be misleading. If you are fighting multiple monsters, heal aggro spreads evenly. 3) Answered in another topic https://forum.twinstar.cz/threads/rogue-leveling-spec.123988/ 4) Paladins are pretty good if you are good. Paladin's efficient healing is from spamming flash of light, so you can't be lazy with your healing, and there's no HoTs or shield like druids/priests have to save someone. But it all depends on your group, you can always ask them to slow down. For raiding, paladins are there mainly for the buffs, cleanse, resistance auras and as backup heals, but if your raid has enough paladins to bless people with Light, I see no problem with them being main healers. In that case, knowing when to Flash and when to Holy Light is crucial. Here's an old video of me running Stratholme undead, mostly in epics. It's from before "Kronos I" existed, so don't mind the bugs:
And for PvP, paladins are outright badass. ZERO heal cast pushback? Check. Automatic crit heal every 2 min? Check. Immunity to enemy rogues and warriors, for your party, every 3 minutes? Check. Theoretical immunity to CC thanks to Blessing of Sacrifice? Check. Freedom? Check. Get immune while healing others every 5 min? Check. During levelling, aim for items with Intellect for high mana pool. When you reach 60, aiming for 6k mana while getting lots of bonus healing and spell crit is the way to go. 5) You definitely shouldn't wear cloth/leather, since you wanted to tank for your rogue friend. But in general, it's common to pick up a good cloth/leather piece, since paladins can compensate for lost armor by using shields. At 60, gearing with cloth/leather/mail becomes a must, because non-plate healing gear is simply better than plate counterparts. The only true healing set is Tier 3 afaik, Tier 1 is pretty bad, but comparatively it's really easy to get, and you probably won't have anything better when it drops. So yes, your gear should be a mix of plate/mail/leather/cloth. Personally, I don't look at this as a must, rather I see it as an advantage - you are not limited by wearing only one type of equipment. But you can wear full plate, it's definitely possible. 6) Trade skills basically don't matter, pick whatever you want to have at 60. Alchemy will help with healing potions while engineering can be your way of ranged pulling.

While leveling I would rather let the rogue tank stuff and keep her topped up. Combat swords with a healer backing it up sounds like an awesome combo. With the right talents (Remorseless Attacks for one) the rogue would be an unstoppable killing machine.

While leveling I would rather let the rogue tank stuff and keep her topped up. Combat swords with a healer backing it up sounds like an awesome combo. With the right talents (Remorseless Attacks for one) the rogue would be an unstoppable killing machine.
This sounds promising. I think she would like the idea of rogue tanking, even if it was just through leveling. Hanks!

Top Bottom