• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Please make a PvE server

Where is that PvE server, lunchyb? I've looked, can't find one. I too hate PVP because of the ganking, have played PVE exclusively (3 different servers, 20 chracters) on regular WoW since 2005.

Again Cr0wL0ck you should know what your talking about before posting.

In a PVP server outside of your own territory you are flagged for PVP. Its automatic. On a PVE Server your not flagged. You must issue the command to flag yourself or you must attack another player already flagged or buff/heal an aly already flagged. You have much more control.

Lets honestly talk about root cause here instead of all this BS. Most people do not even want to get rid of the PVP part. PVP is fun. World PVP is fun. Level 60s corpse camping level 20-50 is not fun. Questing in a group does not mitigate this. Your only answer to the constant griefing / corpse camping / harassment (which is the real issue) is "cry more noob". That is neither constructive nor of any use. I can equally say go back to your mom's basement.

The simple answer is to change the terms of service such that its ban-able. You still have .join. You still have actual PVP. you still have low respec costs. You just do not have the deuche bags killing people constantly that does not even award honor.

Yes you have more control but there are still contested areas, you cannot walk into orgrimmar as a gnome and expect only npc's to act and similarly an orc cannot walk into stormwind unharmed by players. There are multiple zones where it was normally contested but instead you now need to activate the pvp tag however there are zones where you cannot shield yourself against it.

Also since you wish to discuss facts... Blizzard does not punish any world pvp acts since its literally impossible to do in a fair way and it consumes a lot of time case by case as u gotta research if the other party had good reasoning or what is too much... the idea that a person should be at risk for being banned due to such is silly...

is 10 levels below against the rules ? a lvl 50 still grants honor for a lvl 60 even if the lvl 60 has naxx gear that does not change

is it against rules to seek revenge on someone who killed your alt ?

lets say you rush to a lvl 20 friends location to defend him from being attacked and only defend but the enemy faction keeps attacking him and you have to kill them but oh no... this is against the rules and you end up either abandoning ur friend or getting a ban... really ? this is the logic behind your words

and lets say you get ur wish... whats next ? bluewalling is against rules perhaps ?

Fact: if you cannot accept the chance of dying in a game you should seek out a different type of game....

Last edited:
On a PVE Server your not flagged. You must issue the command to flag yourself or you must attack another player already flagged or buff/heal an aly already flagged. You have much more control.

The simple answer is to change the terms of service such that its ban-able. You still have .join. You still have actual PVP. you still have low respec costs. You just do not have the deuche bags killing people constantly that does not even award honor.
Well, I'm sure there are people whol would accept those consequences and find loopholes. Also, Cr0wL0ck is correct in that this would be very difficult to monitor, especially with thousands of players.

Second, the simpler answer is to find a PvE server to play on.

Third, why don't you just find a PvE server to play on? Why are you so dedicated to K3?

Fourth, I've been wanting to say nice name, Skullleader--do you also have a Skull Squadron?

I found a PVE server to play on, hooray! Low population, alas, but here's hoping that improves. Meanwhile those chest-butters who can't live without ganking lowbies and innocent fishermen can flag themselves PVE and go find their like ... and more happiness to them! Me, I'll leave that alone, thanka verra much.

set realmlist logon.symmetrywow.com

I won't be playing vanilla WoW that much (I forgot how log and tedious leveling was, the aggravation of having to start fires to cook if there isn't a fire or stove or cookpot somewhere nearby, running out of arrows, and the like). But I'm glad to have tried it again, brought back all sorts of nice memories.

Just wanted to add my opinion. For me, wPVP is like a ?? killing you in one hit. Its very rare to have a fair wPVP, where a yellow would have a balanced fight. Thats why we have the /pvp command, for those like to wPVP in a PVE server. It´s not that I am crying about PVP, its just boring and no sense. Some people just wanted to complete your quest. Tell that disabled wPVP would kill the server is wrong too, once there are battlegrounds for a fair PVP, and there would be always the command /pvp for those who really like to wPVP. If someone complain about it, its a jerk that have fun to kill a low lv, and don´t have abilities to have a fair fight against a same lv.

Just curious. Is it possible to have a consumable to disable the PVP flag for XX minutes? Even if would be a donation item for example.

Yay. Flew into Nijel's point to get away from the asshat griefers. Landed and immediately killed by the 2 horde who wiped out the entire town. GJ Kronos.

pvp gods like swifty built their careers on world pvp, tough luck kid, world pvp stays.

Yay. Flew into Nijel's point to get away from the asshat griefers. Landed and immediately killed by the 2 horde who wiped out the entire town. GJ Kronos.
Something similar can be said about every over-populated PvP server I've been on. You are free to find a server/project that suits your play-style better. You are the only one deciding that you play here. I'm happy to refer you to a PvE server where none of this is an issue.

Something similar can be said about every over-populated PvP server I've been on. You are free to find a server/project that suits your play-style better. You are the only one deciding that you play here. I'm happy to refer you to a PvE server where none of this is an issue.

I am happy to ignore your advice, and it appears that something similar can be said about all the servers you've played on as the likely result of you yourself doing the asshat griefing on every server you go to.

Said it before and I'll say it again: a decent fix would be an actual dishonor system with teeth. One that would not only take away existing honor, but lower rep with all factions across the board.

I am happy to ignore your advice, and it appears that something similar can be said about all the servers you've played on as the likely result of you yourself doing the asshat griefing on every server you go to.

Said it before and I'll say it again: a decent fix would be an actual dishonor system with teeth. One that would not only take away existing honor, but lower rep with all factions across the board.
That's a fair assumption... I guess... But for me the problem was actually population. I didn't have the patience to compete for mobs long enough to really make it far into contested areas. And I realized very early on that that many people competing for mobs in starting zones meant that many "asshats" "griefing".

That happened on several projects till I found one with a decent (low enough) population. It happens to be PvE, which is not ideal, but it beats playing a game and not enjoying it. I still check forums on a couple of those servers (K3 included) because the wPvP lover in me wants to read about major improvements and come back; but another part of me wants to see other people complaining about population, too. And there are very similar threads on the other projects' forums about constant griefing.

I moved on (in-game anyway). What I didn't do was request that a project create a new server, or make major changes to their existing server, to fit my play-style.

Edit: BTW, the server that numenoc mentioned is planning to go TBC once they've gone through Vanilla.

That's a fair assumption... I guess... But for me the problem was actually population. I didn't have the patience to compete for mobs long enough to really make it far into contested areas. And I realized very early on that that many people competing for mobs in starting zones meant that many "asshats" "griefing".

That happened on several projects till I found one with a decent (low enough) population. It happens to be PvE, which is not ideal, but it beats playing a game and not enjoying it. I still check forums on a couple of those servers (K3 included) because the wPvP lover in me wants to read about major improvements and come back; but another part of me wants to see other people complaining about population, too. And there are very similar threads on the other projects' forums about constant griefing.

I moved on (in-game anyway). What I didn't do was request that a project create a new server, or make major changes to their existing server, to fit my play-style.

Edit: BTW, the server that numenoc mentioned is planning to go TBC once they've gone through Vanilla.

We share a preference for PVP servers. However I have personally never been on a PS that was so bad grief-wise as this one. I am not surprised some are asking for a PVE option of K3, I myself would prefer SOME kind of downside for purposefully ganking players who would give zero honor.

Again, I am OK with actual PVP with honor being the goal. L60s trolling around zones geared for <L40 though is flat out bad-natured asshattery geared solely to troll those who pose no threat and have no defense against being steamrolled for no honor.

There is a reason why BGs are in brackets of level ranges. No right-minded player would want BGs consisting of L10-L60 all in the same game, and world "PVP" shows how dumb that would be to have. It would be as dumb as having zones have every level of mob intermixed rather than broken up into relative level range chunks.

Raiding Stormwind? Awesome
2 max level players wiping out a leveling hub in a L30 zone and then riding around to kill zero honor defenseless players? Cancer

I love the concept of WPVP. The practicality outright sucks as there is ZERO downside to griefing for griefing sake.

Last edited:

You still don't get it, do you? You come here to a PvP server, and now you want to change the rules for us, for people who enjoy this. Instead of going to a PvE server where you belong. The fact that PvP servers have much, much higher population should give you a hint that plenty of people enjoy this. Don't you think it's selfish to ruin the server for the majority so it caters to you and a few other people?

You still don't get it, do you? You come here to a PvP server, and now you want to change the rules for us, for people who enjoy this. Instead of going to a PvE server where you belong. The fact that PvP servers have much, much higher population should give you a hint that plenty of people enjoy this. Don't you think it's selfish to ruin the server for the majority so it caters to you and a few other people?

What is this you say about few others ruining the server for the majority? Your point of view is laughable. What part of it is what you enjoy? Ganking greys? If giving that a downside would ruin your experience, that would be freaking outstanding.
Also I would remind you that what is being discussed is not PVP, it's low effort griefing against zero honor defenseless targets.

Also I would remind you that what is being discussed is not PVP, it's low effort griefing against zero honor defenseless targets.
There are two types of PvP. Restricted and free.
As soon as you start introducing rules about who are you allowed to attack, you completely ruined the whole point of it. You turned a PvP server into a PvE server.

And once more: people have been playing on PvP servers for 15 years now and enjoying it. And now you come and tell us to change the rules.

There are two types of PvP. Restricted and free.
As soon as you start introducing rules about who are you allowed to attack, you completely ruined the whole point of it. You turned a PvP server into a PvE server.

And once more: people have been playing on PvP servers for 15 years now and enjoying it. And now you come and tell us to change the rules.

Ruined it for who? Are you friggin kidding? Who is enjoying the current state of world "PVP" beyond the goofballs who cannot hack fighting anyone remotely level with them?

You clearly do not give a flying F what happens to the server due to the crap that is happening.

Who is enjoying the current state of world "PVP" beyond the goofballs who cannot hack fighting anyone remotely level with them?
The overwhelming majority of people have always played on PvP servers, so I would say a lot of people enjoy it. Why don't you accept that you belong on PvE servers where you can blueshield yourself if you're getting ganked, instead of trying to turn PvP servers into PvE? If you want "fair" encounters, that's what battlegrounds are for.

The overwhelming majority of people have always played on PvP servers, so I would say a lot of people enjoy it. Why don't you accept that you belong on PvE servers where you can blueshield yourself if you're getting ganked, instead of trying to turn PvP servers into PvE? If you want "fair" encounters, that's what battlegrounds are for.

You're a fool if you are going to suggest that the current state of K3 is remotely akin to other servers, live or PS. I want PVP, but I want the honor system to be double edged, not have zero downside for griefing.

I played on a number of PSs as well as live, and nothing compares to how bad things are on K3. I ONLY play on PVP servers.

Last edited:
You're a fool if you are going to suggest that the current state of K3 is remotely akin to other servers, live or PS.
It's not even that bad. I've seen constant raids of 10+ guarding Blackrock Mountain or Nesingwary for ages on other servers. Or taking over Crossroads for hours, day after day, disabling questing in the whole zone. Ganking here is mostly sporadic. Sure, it happens often, but it's not that organized and systematic that you cannot quest at all.

I want PVP, but I want the honor system to be double edged, not have zero downside for griefing.
Again, your "World of Sunderwearcraft" has some good ideas, but what you want here is a different game, not the game thousands of people have been playing and enjoying. What you're asking for are changes that would alter aspects of a game that has existed in its current state (more or less) for over 10 years. I also always thought that there should be some sort of punishment/less incentive for players to gank lowbies, but there never was in Vanilla.
I played on a number of PSs as well as live, and nothing compares to how bad things are on K3.
The three big private Vanilla projects (that I know of) all have forums filled with, among others, these very common ideas & responses:
"wPvP is supposed to be fair/this isn't PvP, this is ganking" vs. "ganking is part of wPvP"
"ganking is making this server unplayable" vs. "it's not that bad/I've leveled 2 60's"
"KoS this asshole (player name) ganked me" vs. "congrats on your thread, (player name)/gtfo carebear"

My server forums 13 years ago were somewhat similar in a 2005/WoW-is-new kind of way.
I ONLY play on PVP servers.
Why is that? Why not reconsider where you play if it's so bad on K3?
Also, just because you/we don't enjoy or understand ganking greys, doesn't mean others don't.

Last edited:
I am not surprised some are asking for a PVE option of K3...
I suppose I'm not "surprised", I just don't understand why they continue to play on a server where they need to ask for these kinds of changes, or why they ask for a PvE option instead of finding/playing on an existing one. It's like they've got Kronos in one hand and a perfectly viable PvE option in the other, and they're looking at Kronos thinking "How can I change this to suit me better?"

Again, your "World of Sunderwearcraft" has some good ideas, but what you want here is a different game, not the game thousands of people have been playing and enjoying. What you're asking for are changes that would alter aspects of a game that has existed in its current state (more or less) for over 10 years. I also always thought that there should be some sort of punishment/less incentive for players to gank lowbies, but there never was in Vanilla.

Do you really want to go down the "never was in vanilla" road in respect to Kronos 3?

Also, just because you/we don't enjoy or understand ganking greys, doesn't mean others don't.

Let me ask you this: Are roving bands of high level players ganking greys a net positive or a net negative to the health of the game or gameplay in general?

As far as understanding is concerned, I do not have to understand why one performs violence against kids or animals, but I damned sure understand that it is mentally unhealthy. I am certain that many if not most of these individuals have broken brains and get off on such things. I could give a rats ass how they came to be the way they are, I don't care where daddy touched them, I DON'T CARE TO UNDERSTAND, I simply see no reason to tolerate them just "because that's the way it's always been". I want to play a game, not act as therapy for sad brained lowlife edgemasters.

WPVP to me at its best: Questing and stumbling across an enemy player, and not knowing how they will act or react. Gank? Be ganked? Help kill a mob? Train mobs to kill me? Are they alone, or solo? What's my plan? What's his plan? /dance with them? Oh shit, capital city getting raided, fun fun fun! THAT is what I only play on PVP realms to experience. (granted the last can happen on PVE servers)

W'PVP" at it's worst: Skulls stomping greys because it gives them a perverse thrill to annoy another human being. Skulls on Darkshire roofs one-shotting lowbies. Skulls killing lowbies the moment they land at RR. Skulls wiping out lowbie questers at Raven Hill for hours on end. And yes, Skulls taking over quest hubs like Crossroads, bringing all advancement of those leveling to a halt. I know damned well that the skull riding past me in Desolace is about to dismount and send me to the graveyard for no gain whatsoever but just because they can. Would it really be a net negative to have consequence for such actions? Would it really turn off the vast numbers of players just playing to have fun?

Not in vanilla: Dynamic respawns, .join, group XP buffs, /world, etc, etc...
Those first three were poorly thought out and have demonstratively had a negative impact. What negative impact would perhaps a hit across the board (Rep and Honor) for killing greys in contested zones cause? What negative impact would there be if ALL flightmasters were shut down for individuals for a period of time when they take part in killing one? (call it a FM Union)

Last edited:
Do you really want to go down the "never was in vanilla" road in respect to Kronos 3?
No, especially not after calling someone else out on that. That occurred to me after re-reading that post.

But I will stick with the fact that thousands of people are enjoying this, several (hundred?) are not. Instead of asking for even more tweaks and changes, why not just find a different project? And to bring it closer to home: you claim this is the worst wPvP/griefing experience you've had on a server, what's keeping you here? Why not just find a different project?

Why will nobody answer that?

Top Bottom