• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Please make a PvE server

I think the server is too much pvp for some people.
again... you completely miss the point.
i'm talking about lvl50+ zones.
yes, some zones are huge but it doesn't matter much cause they roam between FPs, quest givers & quest locations.
nobody 'wastes' 1 hour on someone. it's completely irrelevant.

trying to explain it to you one more time:
each lvl50+ contains a few horde rankers (not only 1...) and a few alliance levelers (also not only 1...).
it doesn't matter if you wait with resurrecting. in the meantime they just kill the other levelers. and when u rezz u're gonna get killed again. simple as that
I understand. Hordes are looking actively for any alliance to kill at the usual spots the are questing at. Therfore they are likely to find some. The alliance lvlers are like herbs. Ppl are circling the map to find the spawns.

There is still one thing i dont understand. Most of the time when you get killed by horde it is a solo player or maybe two of them right? At lvl 50+ you can actually fight back. When in a grp of 3 or 4 you can easily focus one down and then try to get the second one. When you then get one or two 60s to help you are already on top in a certain area or atleast you stsrted a proper, fair world pvp fight.

If you can't figure it out on your own, you could just google how to level up efficiently.
Let me give you some tips.
50-55, grind nagas on the beach in Azshara. Very few people around. 56-60, grind ogres and later undead in Deadwind Pass. You might meet another person or two doing the same, but much fewer than in questing areas, and no ganking squads, guaranteed.
Boring? Watch a movie. It's also more efficient than questing, considering the awful lack of 50+ quests because of time gating and the little XP they give. I could always escape ganking as a horde rogue, but I still got at least 5 out of the 10 levels between 50-60 from pure mob grinding, because it's simply easier and often faster than questing.

And for God's sake, don't res on your corpse. Res at the edge of the 30 yard range you're allowed to, preferably behind a tree, rock or building. Unless people specifically hunt you, you should not die to FP campers more than twice.

In my opinion, this is part of a PvP server, but the environment is only enjoyable with a reasonable (3k or less) and balanced (55/45 at most) population. I don't recall ever being in a "roving band", but I've certainly been killed by them. And I've done my fair share of personal revenge & protection kills on greys.

Look, it was not a complicated question, are they a positive or a negative? Do they make the game better or diminish it?

Sorry, man, but these are opinions. Opinions I'd be party inclined to agree with, but still opinions.

I wasn't attempting to portray them as anything BUT opinions. They are clearly what I personally see as a healthy PVP atmosphere and an unhealthy reality atmosphere that currently exists. Again, the latter are NOT PVP, regardless of how many horde players come in to handwave as just the way it's always been.

Last edited:
again... you completely miss the point.
Keep in mind the guy who you are arguing with plays horde and whines on the forum about BGs not popping, yet cannot fathom why beyond his delusional "I flex and alliance hide" bullshit posing.

Last edited:
Look, it was not a complicated question, are they a positive or a negative? Do they make the game better or diminish it?
It is far better compared to any alternatives, which makes it a positive for the server's health. Any of the ideas ever mentioned (banning people for ganking, giving reputation/game mechanics lockout penalties, or simply blueshielding people less than 10 levels below you, etc) would all be extremely negative for the game, because they undermine the whole idea of PvP servers, which is unrestricted PvP.

They could also be exploited easily. Like a band of level 50s killing your quest givers over and over, and if you call level 60s for help they aren't allowed to touch them. Then you come up with a solution for that. And people come up with another loophole. And soon the game becomes a series of arbitrary rules of when you're allowed to attack someone or not, which people will continue to exploit anyway.

There are not enough GMs to investigate every ganking, and any game mechanic you introduce will just make everything worse. In the end you ruin the whole idea of PvP servers, just because you don't realize that you belong on a PvE server.

No, not complicated, but not black & white either. With a reasonable population, they can be very positive; with over-population they potentially quickly become negative.
Again, the latter are NOT PVP, regardless of how many horde players come in to handwave as just the way it's always been.
PvP = player vs. player--nothing more, nothing less. Nothing else (fairness for example) is implied nor should be assumed. What PvP "should" be is just opinion, not what it is. I don't disagree with what it "should" be, but I accept what it is.
...you don't realize that you belong on a PvE server.
...and/or a PvP server that's not over-populated.

It actually makes me happy at this point that your BGs do not pop.
Sunder could you make up your mind please ?
First you complain about world pvp being related to people while waiting in que doing too much world pvp and now you are happy that the que is longer resulting in more world pvp ?

Are you simply trolling ? on one hand you hate the que system as people sit around waiting and while that they kill noobs like yourself but now you claim that you are happy about it ?

troll a bit more will ya ?... -.-

I think it's pretty clear that Sunder is just happy that Horde is also "suffering" in some way as a result, however in/directly, of .join and long queues.

I think it's pretty clear that Sunder is just happy that Horde is also "suffering" in some way as a result, however in/directly, of .join and long queues.

Precisely. It is purely out of spite. As the spite gets worse, the less likely myself and I suspect others, will be queueing. If players like Crowlock are suffering then it makes the horde idiocy worth putting up with. Only going to be worse for him after next week.

I need put any effort whatsoever into avoiding BGs in order to help make horde queues longer. Crowlock has to put effort into griefing lowbies.

Last edited:
As of the last couple days i've seen much less camping at FP's. I could care less about people attacking for wpvp even with a big level difference. No one in my guild has been getting camped and my leveling has been going smoothly. Almost to 60 now!

I won't be playing vanilla WoW that much (I forgot how log and tedious leveling was, the aggravation of having to start fires to cook if there isn't a fire or stove or cookpot somewhere nearby, running out of arrows, and the like). But I'm glad to have tried it again, brought back all sorts of nice memories.
Those are some of the reasons i love vanilla and hate later exp.

Top Bottom