• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Change to .join

Draakmis

I am upset with the deactivation of the .join command. And I get it, it was the alliance QQing about it, how it made the horde gank low level alliance.

The reason horde had to go to world pvp WHICH IS PART OF THE GAME, is that the BG ques were 45-60+min long. The only way to get honor is to go to world. Maybe if the alliance didn’t sit at lvl 59 the ques would be shorter and that would mean less of a need to go to world. Which it has the que times are shorter (20-30 min now)

But with the QQing alliances change to .join I will actually target and gun for low lvl alliance even more. And I know many others that are going to do so also.

So have fun with increased pressure on your low levels due to your bitching.

One thing that ought to be said is that probably 50% of the high level (50-60) ganking was carried out by the same 25 players. The queues on horde side are 20min-60min depending on the day. During this time, any serious ranker realizes that if he's not farming honor in the open world during the queues while other rankers are doing it - he is simply watching himself fall behind. The top rankers are forcing each other to join the gankfest.

It was the same story on K1 with the sand farming. Rankers hated it but knew they had to do it as long as other rankers were doing it. Eventually the honor gain from turning in sand was reduced from 200 to 25 (or 20?) which made that way of earning honor pointless. The rankers stopped doing it and were thankful for the change.

With the .join command the ganking was made easier, but with the queues we have now it doesn't take more than 2 minutes with a ghetto hearth from rfc to get to kargath or some other inn to get to the questing/dungeon hotspots looking for alliance. 2-4 minutes is not a lot when you're sitting in a 45 minute queue, and so the ganking continues. Obviously it will not reach the degree that it was at the Dire Maul release, when everyone knew the whole server would show up to do those dungeons. It is obvious how the most amount of complaints were going to happen during this time, and it is unfortunate how the team did not wait for the dire maul release hype to calm down before taking action on the complaints.

The upgraded pvp items is a new incentive to pvp for sure, but it applies to both factions and so if you see a 20% increase in pvp population on both factions - then the queues are still fucked. It does not solve the long queues, it only increases the variety of players you're going to be facing.

If you want to stop rankers from ganking during times with very long queues, then you need to approach the issue the same way as you approached the sand farming: reduce the amount of honor from ganking to a point where it becomes too much work for too little gain. The idea here is not to remove the honorgain from open world for everyone - it is a part of pvp and the game - but i think reducing honor gain from open world pvp by 90% for players who have more than 50.000 honor (an amount rankers will have accumulated within 24 hours) would have been a much preferred decision than to remove the .join command that both rankers and casual pvpers appreciated so much.

Please bring back the .join command

Last edited:
As an alliance I really don’t know what you two are talking about. The FP camping is all but dead, devs also reduced the amount of honor that <60 players give.

The biggest issue with .join and the old honor values was in my opinion that alliance 47+ were being constantly camped/farmed by groups of rankers. This caused a lot of them to just quit. Now, you can say QQ to them but i think this also resulted in the high queue times for horde.

Alliance is historically the faction for PVE focused people but more players making it to 60 in alliance will equal to more people doing BGs. I don’t know any horde player that’s happy with their long queue times so .join removal is helpin the server health as a WHOLE in the long term.

Edit: and I am seeing some new names in alliance BGs that are consistently queueing up so I’m thinking they were just able to hit 60.

Last edited:
One thing that ought to be said is that probably 50% of the high level (50-60) ganking was carried out by the same 25 players. The queues on horde side are 20min-60min depending on the day. During this time, any serious ranker realizes that if he's not farming honor in the open world during the queues while other rankers are doing it - he is simply watching himself fall behind. The top rankers are forcing each other to join the gankfest.

It was the same story on K1 with the sand farming. Rankers hated it but knew they had to do it as long as other rankers were doing it. Eventually the honor gain from turning in sand was reduced from 200 to 25 (or 20?) which made that way of earning honor pointless. The rankers stopped doing it and were thankful for the change.

With the .join command the ganking was made easier, but with the queues we have now it doesn't take more than 2 minutes with a ghetto hearth from rfc to get to kargath or some other inn to get to the questing/dungeon hotspots looking for alliance. 2-4 minutes is not a lot when you're sitting in a 45 minute queue, and so the ganking continues. Obviously it will not reach the degree that it was at the Dire Maul release, when everyone knew the whole server would show up to do those dungeons. It is obvious how the most amount of complaints were going to happen during this time, and it is unfortunate how the team did not wait for the dire maul release hype to calm down before taking action on the complaints.

The upgraded pvp items is a new incentive to pvp for sure, but it applies to both factions and so if you see a 20% increase in pvp population on both factions - then the queues are still fucked. It does not solve the long queues, it only increases the variety of players you're going to be facing.

If you want to stop rankers from ganking during times with very long queues, then you need to approach the issue the same way as you approached the sand farming: reduce the amount of honor from ganking to a point where it becomes too much work for too little gain. The idea here is not to remove the honorgain from open world for everyone - it is a part of pvp and the game - but i think reducing honor gain from open world pvp by 90% for players who have more than 50.000 honor (an amount rankers will have accumulated within 24 hours) would have been a much preferred decision than to remove the .join command that both rankers and casual pvpers appreciated so much.

Please bring back the .join command
disable honor from wpvp and bring back .join

qol improved for levelers, rankers and people that enjoy bgs.

disable honor from wpvp and bring back .join

qol improved for levelers, rankers and people that enjoy bgs.

This just seems unnecessary. I know that K3 is not totally classic but .join was not in classic, certainly had unintended consequences that had a negative effect on the ENTIRE SERVER, so let’s not go back to it.

This just seems unnecessary. I know that K3 is not totally classic but .join was not in classic, certainly had unintended consequences that had a negative effect on the ENTIRE SERVER, so let’s not go back to it.
.join is a QOL improvement. 5g respecs is something that has an effect on the core gameplay. The .join improvement is extremely insignificant to the custom LoS changes (which I find extremely nice leveling a non caster), 5g respecs, the lack of core gameplay changes (specs, classes, consumables, professions) along the patch content progression on Kronos (raids).

.join was to benefit the players that enjoy bgs, nothing else. The people that enjoy BG pvp are not the same retards that enjoy world pvp. The people that gank will always gank when able to. The people that enjoy bgs are going to be inconvenienced and most likely play less now that the command is gone.

And there are no servers that are totally classic. They are blizzlike because they have 1.12 values and mechanics. There will also never be totally classic servers again.

I am upset with the deactivation of the .join command. And I get it, it was the alliance QQing about it, how it made the horde gank low level alliance.

The reason horde had to go to world pvp WHICH IS PART OF THE GAME, is that the BG ques were 45-60+min long. The only way to get honor is to go to world. Maybe if the alliance didn’t sit at lvl 59 the ques would be shorter and that would mean less of a need to go to world. Which it has the que times are shorter (20-30 min now)

But with the QQing alliances change to .join I will actually target and gun for low lvl alliance even more. And I know many others that are going to do so also.

So have fun with increased pressure on your low levels due to your bitching.

Nobody fucking cares about your pathetic excuses for the jerkish behavior of horde fags ruining the game for lower levels. No sympathy to bullies. .join is removed. Deal with it. Also FP ganking is all but dead as mentioned by Renmazuo378, so your statement about increased pressure makes no sense at all.

One thing I've noticed is that since .join changed, Allies are the new BG kings. Que'd yesterday for AB weekend, got wrecked 3 times in a row by Ally premade. Que'd again this morning for a few hours, got slaughtered 5 times in a row by AB ally premade, got into a WSG and got fucked hard by a 4-5 man Ally prem.

Now that .join isn't in the game, it seems like a lot less Ally and Horde players are queing, but that means that the same 10-15 Allies get into every BG, while Horde still have 20-40 min ques for WSG on non-weekend days. So as Horde it's marginally better (assuming you can manage to win any games), but as an Ally ranker it must be awesome.

If you're looking to rank, Ally seems to be the place to be.

.join is a QOL improvement. 5g respecs is something that has an effect on the core gameplay. The .join improvement is extremely insignificant to the custom LoS changes (which I find extremely nice leveling a non caster), 5g respecs, the lack of core gameplay changes (specs, classes, consumables, professions) along the patch content progression on Kronos (raids).

.join was to benefit the players that enjoy bgs, nothing else. The people that enjoy BG pvp are not the same retards that enjoy world pvp. The people that gank will always gank when able to. The people that enjoy bgs are going to be inconvenienced and most likely play less now that the command is gone.

And there are no servers that are totally classic. They are blizzlike because they have 1.12 values and mechanics. There will also never be totally classic servers again.

Apparently your QoL < overall server health then.

Apparently your QoL < overall server health then.
It is certainly not my QoL. I'd say removing the .join command will have an adverse effect, the ganking could have been prevented through much better changes. Not sure how many times it has to be said but .join's effect on the server is next to non existent compared to your 5g respec QoL.

5g respec is the best thing about kronos (k1, k2, k3 servers). Maybe its not vanilla but it was wrong and bliz fixed it with the dual spec and the fact of not changing the max cap for the next expansions. Maybe some don't like it but if you take a look at some avatars you can justify them...

5g respec is the best thing about kronos (k1, k2, k3 servers). Maybe its not vanilla but it was wrong and bliz fixed it with the dual spec and the fact of not changing the max cap for the next expansions. Maybe some don't like it but if you take a look at some avatars you can justify them...
nah 5g respecs only have negatives. helps increase the imbalance in pvp, makes pve content easier since you can adjust spec for each raid encounter, makes talent choices less valuable which ruins the vanilla no changes tm experience. dual spec would be a far better qol change than now with 5g respecs as mediocre guilds need to utilize the 5g respecs in buffed content to get optimal specs, rather than just having a dual spec change that takes 30s you have to wait for 10 minutes with transportation required, probably even more on k3 as multiboxing is bent.

Yea all the pve oriented alliance players that people keep raving about on these forums being able to play in PvP specs surely imbalances the situation here on K3.

wow at first was design at first as a pve game. Thats why it had high respec cost. But this was a problem for someone who wanted to play bg. Low respec costs means you can raid / dungeon with a pve spec and go to bg with a pvp spec. It also helps to decrease the bg que as i see it.

wow at first was design at first as a pve game. Thats why it had high respec cost. But this was a problem for someone who wanted to play bg. Low respec costs means you can raid / dungeon with a pve spec and go to bg with a pvp spec. It also helps to decrease the bg que as i see it.
how is that good? poor uneducated pvpers that barely play have to face capitalist swine pvers that have the finest enchants and gears along with being on equal ground when it comes to talents.

Yea all the pve oriented alliance players that people keep raving about on these forums being able to play in PvP specs surely imbalances the situation here on K3.
how is the situation on k3 other than what is said in these threads

Name these unintended consequences... If they where negative to all then there should be some recordings of it or at least an example....
Give an example on how it would affect it negatively ? If anything its something blizzard introduced later to increase battlegrounds which it did but now without BG que is longer and thus more world pvp...

I have not seen a single screenshot, recording or even theoretical example on how .join caused more world pvp or FP camping than what occurs even now when it is gone...

Those that complained are mainly players who where vouching for a PvE server not too long ago either... coincidence ?

I keep asking for this example on how a person camps another using .join when battlegrounds don't end even remotely close to how long it takes to ressurect and there is a lot of time afterwards without that player on ur tail to move from the spot instead of go afk on the spot u killed and wait 15-30 min on him to return...

Top Bottom