• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Clarification over faction imbalance for a New player?

jamesl18

Hello, this is my first time on a private server and I am looking forward to being able to play classic WoW again. I have always been a PvPer, both world and BG's, and I am eventually wanting to get involved in competitive play when I max out at 60.

At the moment though I need to pick which faction to level my character on, and I am confused over the controversy of the unbalanced factions that I have seen on the forums. I have usually played horde, and I fell in love with WoW playing an orc, but does playing horde on Kronos really suck for PvP? I have heard that there are really long que times for BG's, but they are dominant in world PvP? If I was to go alliance would I be constantly ganked while leveling? If I was to go alliance would I have the opportunity to do some world pvp?

Could someone offer an explanation or some advice?

Thanks and cheers.

Last edited:
Everyone has their perspective on how the balance is, i say this to avoid stepping on anyones small feet.

The best way to know is to ask random people from both factions at random times of the day how long their que is and how many battlegrounds are up.

Usually at least from my perspective is horde ends up with a long que and alliance with a short so i am "guessing" that the ratio is somewhere around 2:3 yes this is a guess so no reason for anyone to be offended.

There are players who participate purely in pve and players who purely play pvp and then those who do both, later blizzard balanced these things more and more through cross server and que systems but this is vanilla so this balance is not in place.

Ask yourself what you seek and ask some lvl 60 strangers preferably at times of the day where u would be playing ;)

In the private server community there are no normal (pve) servers so you need to understand that first and foremost.

On k3 you can see the faction balance right on the front page it's almost always near 50% with a slight favor to horde.

However Horde players have always leaned PVP because of racials (although dwarf and gone are amazing to). The absence of PVE servers has lead a lot of PVE players to PVP servers. The Alliance are more PVE oriented with dwarven priests and paladins.

On K3 (and Lights Hope also) queue times were longer for Horde and shorter for Alliance. The queue imbalances lead to Horde binding in Kargath for raids and PVP (easy access to Blackrock Mountain and the Steppes). Horde between queues will queue up and use RFC to ghetto hearth to Kargath to wPvP and farm honor.

I say all this because I played Alliance on Lights Hope and Horde here... so I've been on the giving and receiving end.

At the end of the day the Alliance 60s hang out in Ironforge or dungeons all day while the Horde 60s are dispersed around the world more so.

lol "slight favour". it's 55/45 h:a

go alliance if you want faster queues & much more world pvp. they also have better racials for most classes

lol "slight favour". it's 55/45 h:a

go alliance if you want faster queues & much more world pvp. they also have better racials for most classes

It's 52 H / 48 A right now. It's a slight favor to Horde.

If you want a faction imbalance go K1: 33 H / 67 A.

It is not the Horde's fault that the Alliance 60s defer on wPVP.

It is not that bad as alliance but horde will have an easier time leveling. Removing .join has made it much easier though

It's 52 H / 48 A right now. It's a slight favor to Horde.

If you want a faction imbalance go K1: 33 H / 67 A.

It is not the Horde's fault that the Alliance 60s defer on wPVP.

sorry but you're delusional/not playing on k3. there has always been 3-4x the amount of horde 60s in higher level zones mate

sorry but you're delusional/not playing on k3. there has always been 3-4x the amount of horde 60s in higher level zones mate

How am I delusional? It's 54/46 right now. Those are the cold hard facts that are available to us by public knowledge.

Having an issue with the number of horde 60's in higher level zones has nothing to do with faction imbalance. If you want more Alliance 60s in a zone.... go recruit in world or trade chat.

You are never going to have a perfect 50/50 balance. As someone who has played Alliance on China's Hope and Horde here.... there were never much Alliance in any high level zones. Most of the Horde that are out and about are rankers - because they are waiting for queues to pop.

Again cold, hard facts.

How am I delusional? It's 54/46 right now. Those are the cold hard facts that are available to us by public knowledge.

Having an issue with the number of horde 60's in higher level zones has nothing to do with faction imbalance. If you want more Alliance 60s in a zone.... go recruit in world or trade chat.

You are never going to have a perfect 50/50 balance. As someone who has played Alliance on China's Hope and Horde here.... there were never much Alliance in any high level zones. Most of the Horde that are out and about are rankers - because they are waiting for queues to pop.

Again cold, hard facts.

i said horde 60s. not entire faction. and that number fluctuates based on time of day. at the time of posting this, it's 59% horde. i literally spent over a month recording a pvp movie. all of that time was in the high level zones. i specifically looked for alliance 60s to kill mate. also, where did i say i wanted a solution for more alliance 60s?

cold hard facts pal. ur delusional

i said horde 60s. not entire faction. and that number fluctuates based on time of day. at the time of posting this, it's 59% horde. i literally spent over a month recording a pvp movie. all of that time was in the high level zones. i specifically looked for alliance 60s to kill mate. also, where did i say i wanted a solution for more alliance 60s?

cold hard facts pal. ur delusional

Horde 60s... not entire faction. I didn't know the horde had multiple factions. Great job waiting 2-3 weeks to post. Right now the ratio is 52/48. And it's always closer to 50/50. LOL.

I have no problem finding alliance 60s to harvest. Sounds like you are looking in all of the wrong places.

Horde 60s... not entire faction. I didn't know the horde had multiple factions. Great job waiting 2-3 weeks to post. Right now the ratio is 52/48. And it's always closer to 50/50. LOL.

I like you lol with your stupidity. You don't understand what he means when he says 'I said only lv 60 hordes and not the entire faction of hordes' but you comment it and lol. I bet your posts are that serious also....

Men lie, women lie, numbers don´t.

http://realmplayers.com/Index.aspx is your friend.

Select Kronos 3 and sort the Table after HKs (not total HKs of a player, just the HKs for the week).

No lie, on the first 3 PAGES are not even 10 allys in total. I played on many many private servers in my lifetime (way to many tbh). This is the most imbalance i have ever seen thus far. I lvled a Warrior to 60 on Horde because i just always play horde. Que times were between 10 minutes and 2 hours. Average bout 40 Minutes. Could not take this so i relvld an ally. You will encounter a lot of "WPvP" specially in your 50s. Because the people that feel the need to rank on horde have no choice but to kill anything that gives them honor. 40 Mins waiting for a BG and not gaining any honor in that time wont get them above r7-9 in my expierience. So roll something that you feel comfortable with playing outnumbered, like a mage or druid/rogue is probly the most fun for this.

Hope i could help, see you soon.

And dont trust to the statistics on the website or the people on the forum. I´m playing both factions and there is no debate that the horde is way more populated. I´d say it is at least 70/30, at some times in the lvl 60 parts of the world it might be even worse.

Roll alliance, enjoy the instant bg pops =)

Last edited:
the search is capped at 50 and then theres a cooldown so you cannot use an addon to scan for population and thus such a site would never be able to display K3 pop.

For number's not to lie the numbers would at least need a solid source ;)

You want to see pvp activity then you should use Twinstar's armory which is not restricted by something that silly.

note: it would be nice if .join returned but by now its too late and most would not know how to use it if they suddenly added it.... /sigh

The search is not restricted to 50 results. And realmplayers is the most solid non bias source you will find for private vanilla servers.

Its a website that relies on addons for info... if player A with the addon doesnt meet player B like lets say 1 is in Thunderbluff the other is in Undercity and they get into different BG's then to the addon they do not exist, furthermore a search like /who is restricted ingame as it was with blizzard to 50.

The only usage that site had was for private servers that had no public armory to list things but calling it non-bias is a stretch as whats uploaded depends on those with the addon and since they are middlemen its very simple to tamper with what they collected.

Realmplayer is so outdated and unable to keep up i tried to check up on my characters which according to realmplayers hasnt been active for almost half a year and hasnt reached 60... then i tried to check up on an R13 player with a high activity... guess what that person didnt even exist on realmplayer.... People who where extremely active during the first AV weekend like myself and got exalted within a short time.

Fact is unless you have a high amount of players all running around with this lil scanner addon and none of them thinking of tampering with what it gathers for fun then its a useless site that only collects an absurbly low ... try take a look at guilds... or search without a playername it becomes obvious without the shadow of a doubt that realmplayers is a useless page unless you have a ton of players run around with the scanner addon...

realmplayer is a faulty site that creates a bias as it only displays what a single individual or few see and when they are online, if that person happens to live in a rare time zone or only logs in once a week/month then a lot of people. if you cannot even lookup a R13 player and a lot of players are outdated by 3-5 months of high activity players and guilds then its just faulty.

If you were to look at the Twinstar armory for last week's statistics, the standing #110 on Horde had 58k honor, while on Alliance reaching the equal standing required 27k honor. You can make the assessment that Horde has a larger pool of regularly active players, almost two times as many.

I'll add that both of these numbers (27k and 58k) can't be considered large amounts of honor, even for people just queuing pug games for fun. In order to reach a relatively high standing (almost top 100) with such a measly amount of play, one would require a server with just a small amount of players queuing for battlegrounds. You can make the assessment that there's a lack of pvp activity on Kronos.

Both observations seem to grant similar results with those who chose to observe Realmplayers. It seems to prove a credible source. On the other hand, Crowlock has multiple times proved that he enjoys writing long paragraphs on subjects on which he has little to no actual knowledge on, and seems fairly biased when it comes to anything that could shine negative light on Kronos.

Make of it what you will.

last night i had 2 to 4 min ques on horde side, lost some, won some..
also check http://kronos3.com/ if u want to see the pools for each side, brackets, standings, etc.
for example last week alliance had a pool of 640 and horde had 690. in the av weekend the pools were double.
u can see all this if u just click on a player.

Top Bottom