• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

A "Race" server

bogustime

I thought about this actually when K3 was being opened, maybe not now since classic isn't released and K3 still has a year to go, but something I think could be successful at the right time.

I had an idea of a "race" server, where all the content is already released and guilds compete to see who can down all the content the fastest. The server would be open for a certain amount of time (6 months?) before it starts over, and all characters would be sent to the mother server like Kronos 1 afterwards.

I think for starters, this would be a good way to stay competitive in population numbers vs other private servers and classic once its released. Obviously it would cater to the competitive players by its nature but it would open the avenue for even casual players to enjoy progressing at their own rate. It would also be an answer to players feeling "its not hard enough." As guilds could let their skill shine and not be completely stacked with gear by the time new content comes out.

This would also help Kronos One's #'s as people would most likely come back to PvP on their characters or for guilds to continue where they left off. It would also help the momentum of a new server continue on instead of rolling to a halt every few months. World PvP would be completely OFF THE HOOk, as players would have a lot of incentive to fight tooth and nail for materials creating a rich and dynamic pvp environment.

I think factions would be pretty balanced too, as horde wouldn't have such a long wait time to get to content that's closer to cities and to have an edge in raids with totems.

I think this could be a successful project given the right timing of events. It would also be a good way for players who just want to beat the game while getting the full experience of doing it on the same page with one group, from start to finish, and in a timely manner. Instead of leveling a character lonely on k1 and hopping in with groups who have been there and done that.

The incentive alone to beat the best record and have the title would be enough to keep it popular and semi-annual.

with pre-naxx gear it will take like a week to clear all content
How longs that take? I think it would be extremelly rewarding and it opens up for more decisions to be made about your raid group whether you want to push new content or gear up a little first.

I would love to see how far you can actually go before hitting a wall without having months and months of farming raid gear.

Top Bottom